Page 216 of 325 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Hilarious, in Disney MCU there not even kissing
    2013 4 years after Disney bought Marvel

I don't feel like getting kinks but there are Tony and Pepper, Peter and Gamora, Steve and Peggy, & Scott and Hope off the top if my head all post Disney.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 07-27-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If you don't enjoy the series or the way the people in charge make them, it would make sense. Heck, I like the MCU and I honestly preferred the X-Men being their own thing on the big screen (more because of liking that series then not liking the MCU), so it does happen.
    X-Men should be in the MCU. The comics are part of the marvel universe. It does not have to be its own thing. What Disney needs to do is use a different approach for X-Men movies. MCU needs a DC Nolan revolution. The franchise to do that for them is X-Men. Anything apart from that would be a disappointment , considering X-men started that revolution and ended highly with Logan.
    Disney is still in the delusions that comic movies are just like their pixar kids movies franchise. They need to wake up fast from that bad dream.

Does this look like MCU to Disney or X-Men at its finest?

Last edited by Beaddle; 07-27-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

I don't feel like getting kinks but there are Tony and Pepper, Peter and Gamora, Steve and Peggy, & Scott and Hope off the top if my head all post Disney.
    I always thought thor and jane were underrated. the only romance that is bad in the MCU is Banner and Natasha or Peter and ''MJ'' because she is not actually MJ or because MCU can't live up to the Sam Raimi spiderman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post

The question is, have you actually watched any of these movies?
    Yes. Multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Also T’challa and Nakia.

Astonishing Member

Fox gave us boobies, ass, and actual full frontal nudity with Mystique! Too bad no sex scenes forever with the Disney merger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    X-Men should be in the MCU. The comics are part of the marvel universe. It does not have to be its own thing. What Disney needs to do is use a different approach for X-Men movies.
    They will use a different approach. They'll focus on the X-Men being a metaphor for minority oppression.
    MCU needs a DC Nolan revolution.
    22 movies with Endgame being the highest grossing movie of all time. They're doing just fine. The movies are making bank and the masses love the movies.
    considering X-men started that revolution and ended highly with Logan.
    It didn't though lol It ended with Dark Phoenix, a literal trainwreck.
    Disney is still in the delusions that comic movies are just like their pixar kids movies franchise. They need to wake up fast from that bad dream.
    Ah yes, I remember that Toy Story movie that started with a beloved character getting their neck broken and ending with have have of the toys being turned to dust, oh wait. What is with this weird narrative that you're trying to push that MCU movies are these kid friendly Saturday morning cartoons?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Also T’challa and Nakia.
    Good catch chocking that up to a brain fart.

On another note was watching new Fatman Beyond and Marc Bernardin mentioned something Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is being billed as Marvel's 1st horror movie and he thought that doesn't bode well for New Mutants.

Heres a crazy idea. What if the MCU introduction to mutants is straight out of House of X? Out of nowhere, the mutant nation just emerges along with mutants (maybe they've been in hidding) and the rest of the world has to deal with the fallout. Fiege has said he wants to do something that we haven't seen before with the xmen and house of X in the MCU would certainly be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Heres a crazy idea. What if the MCU introduction to mutants is straight out of House of X? Out of nowhere, the mutant nation just emerges along with mutants (maybe they've been in hidding) and the rest of the world has to deal with the fallout. Fiege has said he wants to do something that we haven't seen before with the xmen and house of X in the MCU would certainly be that.
    Considering we have to get through the Eternals before we get to the mutants, I doubt that. It will be very interesting to see how Feige introduces the X-Men and mutants in general, especially after all that has transpired within the MCU without them.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    They will use a different approach. They'll focus on the X-Men being a metaphor for minority oppression.?
    Would they put any effort to do so or just gloss it over as Disney does with themes.Or they could not tell the story at all. They are currently not telling any of the most important themes of Spiderman in the MCU.

Disney would likely tell the story formulaic and shallow as they do with their movies. Remember when MCU tried to use superheroes as a metaphor for gun control in civil war? the story never made it to the end of the 2nd act. The ''civil war'' moment among the Avengers was not good. Poor unrealistic exchange of dialogue, wrong tone , bland cinematography and little stakes with the Avengers. Unless there is a different take of this movie.

22 movies with Endgame being the highest grossing movie of all time. They're doing just fine. The movies are making bank and the masses love the movies.
    I never cared when Avatar held the record, High chances that you never cared too. don't care now with Endgame, never cared about star wars 7. Give me Terminator 2 and Star Wars 6 over all these current sterilized formulaic structured disney movies.

It didn't though lol It ended with Dark Phoenix, a literal trainwreck.
    Its not the Andrew Garfield's Spiderman movies that Tom Holland's Spiderman is struggling to get out of the shadows off , its the Tobey Maguire movies . Disney making an xmen movie better than dark phoenix should not be hard, making an xmen movie better that took place in the last original timeline would be impossible with their current approach.

Ah yes, I remember that Toy Story movie that started with a beloved character getting their neck broken and ending with have have of the toys being turned to dust, oh wait. What is with this weird narrative
    All told with a different eyes. So why didn't Disney have Thanos beheading Captain America as originally planned?

that you're trying to push that MCU movies are these kid friendly Saturday morning cartoons?
    Because they are, MCU movies can get more childish than kid friendly Saturday morning cartoons. The current slate of DC cartoons are not as kid friendly as MCU movies. Marvel stopped pushing the envelope with films and cartoons after the Disney buyout.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-28-2019 at 12:03 AM.

My post was done twice. what the heavens?
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-28-2019 at 12:01 AM.

All told with a different eyes. So why didn't Disney have Thanos beheading Captain America as originally planned?
    probably because that's comical amounts of edginess and it would look really silly, so it would fail to get the intended effect
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

X-Men should be in the MCU.
    Fair enough if you think so.

The comics are part of the marvel universe. It does not have to be its own thing.
    Movies aren't the comics. Thing is, I think the X-Men make more sense in their own bubble (mutants being feared for their powers is very undermined by other superhumans doing the same kind of stuff and not getting the same reaction), not to mention the X-Men IP being so large, it can support its own cinematic universe. I also think, in the MCU, a lot of the more obscure characters won't be as likely to get a chance to get on the big screen, due to the superstars being more marketable. But, hey, since it is happening, hope they do it well.

What Disney needs to do is use a different approach for X-Men movies. MCU needs a DC Nolan revolution.
    Right, because that worked so well for the DCEU.

The franchise to do that for them is X-Men. Anything apart from that would be a disappointment , considering X-men started that revolution and ended highly with Logan.
    It actually ended with Dark Phoenix and it's legacy includes the Deadpool movies, which are about as exact opposite as you can get.

Their wild success would seem to suggest otherwise. Say what you will about the MCU, but one thing we've learned time and again is that betting against or seconding guessing Marvel Studios is a fool's errand.

Does this look like MCU to Disney or X-Men at its finest?

F-bombs notwithstanding, that is a very MCU-esque scene.

(Don't tell me you didn't see that coming. Should've done the "there's water" one instead, although that also ends with comic relief, too. Heck, Logan is an exercise in general about how drama and humor are not mutually exclusive.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Fair enough if you think so.

)
    X-Men is part of marvel comics. Mutants have daily run-ins with other heroes. its not only fair, it feels natural.

Movies aren't the comics. Thing is, I think the X-Men make more sense in their own bubble (mutants being feared for their powers is very undermined by other superhumans doing the same kind of stuff and not getting the same reaction), not to mention the X-Men IP being so large, it can support its own cinematic universe. I also think, in the MCU, a lot of the more obscure characters won't be as likely to get a chance to get on the big screen, due to the superstars being more marketable. But, hey, since it is happening, hope they do it well.
    The movies are based on the back bones of comics. The back bones not ''faithfully adapted'' since the movies don't necessarily have to truly follow the comics. what disney needs to do is reflect how marvel comics are different from each other in their movies.

Because of the cinematic universe phenomenon, I like to play with the idea Batman Begins, released in 2005 and Superman Returns released in 2006 took place in the same universe.the two movies have a sharp difference with world building,tone and setting. it nicely reflected the different worlds of superman and batman from the comics that are still set in the same universe. It was the same feeling of X-Men 2003 and Spiderman 2004. Everything about the MCU is so similar to the other, Wakanda and Asgard. Ant Man and Civil War. The comics does things a little different. the sterilization you are seeing in the mcu is not the back bones of comics but ''the disney formula'' and it sucks.

It actually ended with Dark Phoenix and it's legacy includes the Deadpool movies, which are about as exact opposite as you can get.
    Does dark phoenix leave any good legacy for the series? What was the legacy of X-Men 1? How and why is it still so relevant on approaching comic books as a serious movie genre?

Their wild success would seem to suggest otherwise. Say what you will about the MCU, but one thing we've learned time and again is that betting against or seconding guessing Marvel Studios is a fool's errand
    Their success has zero impact of what X-Men can be when X-Men is not getting Simon Kinberged. Disney has never attempted to make an xmen movie until now. they never attempted to make an xmen cartoon before fox sold. perhaps disney should have done an xmen cartoon after WATX, it would have given them some ideas on approaching X-Men movies since no doubt fans will rail on the cartoon asking why does this cartoon suck so bad and feels so unrealistically ''kid-friendly'' to the other xmen cartoons.

[QUOTE]
    F-bombs notwithstanding, that is a very MCU-esque scene.

(Don't tell me you didn't see that coming. Should've done the "there's water" one instead, although that also ends with comic relief, too. Heck, Logan is an exercise in general about how drama and humor are not mutually exclusive.) [/QUOTE

X-Men has never struggled with unbearable humor. it is not mutually exclusive in xmen, never was or will ever be, X-men has few funny moments with most of their serious movies, which is good. x-men is not batman v superman. Wolverine is one of the ''funniest'' characters in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    probably because that's comical amounts of edginess
    Its not about edginess, its about what a story can require. War movies don't necessary have the requirements of a high school movie or a romantic comedy.

and it would look really silly, so it would fail to get the intended effect
    Talk about silly or a movie trying to push an intended effect but not completely getting it everytime I have to see fat Thor or intending to make a movie that tackles dystopian time travel stories.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-28-2019 at 02:26 AM.