Page 218 of 325 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Most of those ppl are 40+ or about to be 40. Plus a few of them are already in the MCU
    Then the MCU X-Men are gonna be L A M E

Give me Pine & Strahovski or give me death.

Most of those ppl are 40+ or about to be 40. Plus a few of them are already in the MCU
    Who else is in the MCU besides Gemma as Minn-Erva?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    McAdams is in Doctor Strange
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

just McAdams who was christine in dr.strange.

I feel like you can write around those two and work that into their history or handwave it away.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I feel like you can write around those two and work that into their history or handwave it away.

Or Sarah Finn can do what she does best and make a dynamic cast like she always does.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Or Sarah Finn can do what she does best and make a dynamic cast like she always does.
    Take it easy, it was just a dream cast. Don't get so twisted because some of us like older actors for the roles.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Take it easy, it was just a dream cast. Don't get so twisted because some of us like older actors for the roles.
    We all love the X-MEN here I'm assuming? There's only one shot to get this reboot right. This movie is going to be very impactful on our favorite property for the next decade plus.

Idky anyone would want a 50 year old Gambit in movie one.

McAdams is in Doctor Strange
    That’s right. I completely forgot.

just McAdams who was christine in dr.strange.

How would you do that?

We all love the X-MEN here I'm assuming? There's only one shot to get this reboot right. This movie is going to be very impactful on our favorite property for the next decade plus.

Idky anyone would want a 50 year old Gambit in movie one.
    Some of us like the idea of a 50 year old actor playing Gambit. It's an actor's job to play other characters. They don't have to be 1:1.

That’s right. I completely forgot.

How would you do that?
    I guess you could have Betsy get trapped in Minn-evra's body like she does Kwanon.

Rogue i have no idea.

Ok i was wrong

♥️ I’m in love with that pic of Evan Rachel Wood. That’s a really great cast in looks and talent!
    This is indeed a very inspired casting. I would change a few things:

Rogue must be (for me) a little bit rougher looking.
    Gambit and her should be younger. Like mid 20's
    Psylocke is now brit so I wouldn't mind a caucasian actress for her. Felicity Jones could be amazing.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I would prefer if the MCU uses asian Psylocke to be honest. There is already more than enough white people, nothing wrong with being white but i would like to see other faces too when posible.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This is indeed a very inspired casting. I would change a few things:

Rogue must be (for me) a little bit rougher looking.
    Gambit and her should be younger. Like mid 20's
    Psylocke is now brit so I wouldn't mind a caucasian actress for her. Felicity Jones could be amazing.
    Gemma is a Brit too, just not a White one.

I guess you could have Betsy get trapped in Minn-evra's body like she does Kwanon.

Rogue i have no idea.

Ok i was wrong
    In theory, you could argue that Minn-Erva’s role was so minor that most people wouldn’t really notice if the actress came back in a different role. Still very unlikely.

Yeah I don’t think you can get around Rachel McAdams in Doctor Strange either.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Hey, I like some of the X-Men comics and I'm okay with them being in the Marvel Universe. I'm just saying that I think the movies showed that they can work by themselves and that doing so erases some of the plot holes in the premise. Mileage may vary.
    There is a marvel film universe, meaning there is no point of a separate world for xmen. The only obstacle facing X-Men is Disney not getting X-Men is different.

It is more believable for Spiderman and X-Men to crossover in 2005 with the cast of the Raimi Spiderman movies and the original xmen cast, than x-men coming to the mcu and just looking like one of the other.

Is it? The Nolan Batman movies and early DCEU really took over that department.
    X-Men started it and ended the run in 2017. The Nolan Batman movies joined in 2005 and ended its run in 2012. Days Of Future Past was two years after the last Nolan movie, Logan was a year after Batman v Superman. Doesn't seem like it ''really takeover'' the department. Unless my ''star dates'' are backwards or DCEU has done something after 2017. Does it really matter who started it? what matters is the impact of approaching comic stories in films that is a lot smarter to what MCU currently does.

Yeah? They never attempted to make an Iron Man movie until they did. Same with Captain America, Thor, the Avengers, and everyone else that's come down the pike. The fact that they've never done it before has no bearing on what their success will be when they do. T.
    Success and getting it right are not the same thing. Homecoming and FFH are successful, Spiderverse got it right. Getting it right is a long term positive thing.

here's a first time for everything.
    Dark Phoenix was a first time for Simon Kinberg. I never gave him a full chance because I knew his capabilities as much as I know Marvel studios.

Until they actually make an X-Men cartoon, I don't see the point in worrying about whether its liked or not. Besides, it's not like Marvel Studios will be making it, which is the production company we're wondering about.
    Despite my still high hopes for Marvel animation, Disney are bad with marvel cartoons. The problems with marvel studios is found in marvel animation. Fox never made X-Men evolution either. The cartoon, by 2003-2004 started reflecting the world building and tone of X-Men that was reflecting in the movies. Most noticeably X2, more importantly the comics.

I'm having Origins: Wolverine flashbacks right about now. Something about CGI claws and a bathroom sink?
    The CGI was bad, plus the last fight with Wolverine, Sabertooth and Deadpool was much worse. You can find the same bad CGI in Amazing Spiderman movies , DCEU and MCU movies. X-Men origins bad CGI is unintended humor since you are laughing at bad filmmaking. Not only does MCU suffer from many bad filmmaking choices by having the CGI in the films look more like expensive animated sequences, their humor is used for making movies childishly lighthearted, when it should not be.

So, it's okay when Wolverine does it?
    Its okay to have humor in movies. Don't over do it or keep forcing it.

I'm honestly not seeing that level of nuance in your discussion here. This is pretty much what I've been saying the whole time.
    Different expectations for everything. Can Disney stop trying to mash up Marvel, Star Wars, Disney Television, Disney original movies and Pixar? They are not the same thing.

All I can say if that Thor's Endgame arc was only a joke, the Asgard scenes would've handled that a lot differently and that Endgame is not a "dystopian time travel story." .
    Endgame is not a dystopian time travel story because Disney can't let it be one, anymore than Disney could have brought the Defenders in Endgame.

Therefore, the question is not if the humor injected was right for a dystopian story, but for an Avengers story
    Avengers story from the back bones of the comics not from a Disney original scripted story.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-28-2019 at 10:45 PM.