Page 221 of 325 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4870
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Either way, the future of the MCU is on the down slide.
    They still have a few billion dollar movies in their future. Nothing will probably come close to the 4 Avengers movies or the Black Panther domestic total. So yes the MCU is on a bit of a decline and probably won't reach the 2 billion dollar club again.

It will be interesting to see how the MCU X-Men fare after Fox and Kinberg slaughtered the X-Men brand.

Mighty Member

Kevin Feige needs to resign now. He should leave while he’s still on top. It’s all downhill at this point
    And do what? Work for DC to help them get their act together?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    He mentioned being a Trek fan so I say if he ever jumps ship please go to Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    They still have a few billion dollar movies in their future. Nothing will probably come close to the 4 Avengers movies or the Black Panther domestic total. So yes the MCU is on a bit of a decline and probably won't reach the 2 billion dollar club again.

It will be interesting to see how the MCU X-Men fare after Fox and Kinberg slaughtered the X-Men brand.
    The goodwill the MCU has built up with the fans is more than powerful enough to overcome any negativity attached to the X-men brand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This makes me realize you’re just trolling. Almost nobody would leave a job that nets them so much creative power and money even if it were on a downward trend- unless they were unhappy with the job.

If you’re not trolling, feel free to explain why you think he should / wants to resign.
    Don’t know where you getting this trolling crap. I already explain what I said, I never said I wanted him to resign, I was just making a suggestion. Plus a lot of people leave their jobs when they are on top, especially if they get a better offer.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Hummm, that would be something
    Last edited by luprki; 08-01-2019 at 09:09 PM.

BANNED

Kevin Feige is building an unparalleled legacy in an era where movie-goers seriously mistrust going to the movies. Save the sour grapes.

BANNED

Studio executives is a high turnover job, they move from studio to studio all the time. If another studio offer Feige a great deal, this is the perfect time for him to leave.
    He also has so much clout in Hollywood, he can leave and start his own production company. The real money in Hollywood is owning your own production company, he wouldn’t have to answer to no one. A lot of of actors, directors and producers who work for a studio are doing this very thing, I’m actually surprised Feige hasn’t yet.
    Kevin Feige is a rarity in Hollywood, producers generally are not employed by studios these days.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-01-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Kevin Feige is building an unparalleled legacy in an era where movie-goers seriously mistrust going to the movies. Save the sour grapes.
    His talents are limited or is it another Disney constrained situation,Marvel movies never growing past a pea? I wouldn't want him as a head runner for X-Men anymore than Kinberg . He is not doing that well handling Spiderman. What he has done to Thor and his movies is unbearable. He should have fought harder with Disney with the GOTG concept, making it more like the comics than the childish humor franchise it is perceived now. He should have done more with the Iron Man sequels. He should never have created a formulaic concept to use in almost every MCU movie that are all one thing. On his storytelling limitations , it doesn't scratch the surface of any good X-Men story that has film potential.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-01-2019 at 09:50 PM.

I am not or not so surprised of the Kevin Feige love, He does not need to resign...obviously. I expect him to know a lot better when handling X-Men. X-Men is the truest test for him and his production head running talents. Would he stand up to Disney and their many misguided ways of approaching movies that never rises above a pea concept or would he just be the yes man and have his own X-Men reboot get easily processed with no identity from the rest of the Disney meat? Its a different kind of bad compared to the last 2 X-Men movies but still bad.

Studio executives is a high turnover job, they move from studio to studio all the time. If another studio offer Feige a great deal, this is the perfect time for him to leave.
    He also has so much clout in Hollywood, he can leave and start his own production company. The real money in Hollywood is owning your own production company, he wouldn’t have to answer to no one. A lot of of actors, directors and producers who work for a studio are doing this very thing, I’m actually surprised Feige hasn’t yet.
    Kevin Feige is a rarity in Hollywood, producers generally are not employed by studios these days.
    Feige is one of those people who would have supported Disney firing James Mangold when he introduced his vision for the last wolverine movie.

He would have tried to convince Ryan Renyolds that there is nothing wrong with superhero comedy as long as it is another GOTG. What do they call the Thor franchise now? Asguardians of the Galaxy. Very unfitting for Thor movies.

He would have supported Disney rejecting any plans that Days of Future Past is a full blown dystopian time travel story.

Hate DC now but the Nolan trilogy would never have happened under Kevin Feige.

Patty Jenkins role in Wonder Woman would have been very limited. I don't know who is the female director of Captain Marvel, because MCU movies are more about a formula than a director.

Kevin Fiege films suffers from filmmaking limitations and severe writing immaturity, Morph was more believable than Fat Thor.

500px-Evil_Morph.jpg
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-01-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    No sour grapes here. I’m really excited to get to Phase 5 with Blade, Black Panther 2, Fantastic Four and hopefully X-men. But, if I’m being honest, Phase 4 looks super lame. There’s not one film in the pack that I’ll go see in the theater. Will wait for Eternals and Doc Strange 2 to come out on demand I guess. Might see Shang Chi. Might not. Most of the Disney+ shows look pretty “meh” too IMO.

Bring on Phase 5...

BANNED

Not sure doing Blade again after Wesley Snipes badass and iconic performance is a good idea.
    If Disney isn't going to show blood or death they shouldn't even try it.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Not sure doing Blade again after Wesley Snipes badass and iconic performance is a good idea.
    If Disney isn't going to show blood or death they shouldn't even try it.
    Pretty sure there's been blood and death in MCU movies already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Pretty sure there's been blood and death in MCU movies already.
    Correct, but it still seems very tame for Blade.
    I want to see Blade cutting scary vampires in half, I want Blade to feel serious and badass and brutal, not throwing quips.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I am not or not so surprised of the Kevin Feige love, He does not need to resign...obviously. I expect him to know a lot better when handling X-Men. X-Men is the truest test for him and his production head running talents. Would he stand up to Disney and their many misguided ways of approaching movies that never rises above a pea concept or would he just be the yes man and have his own X-Men reboot get easily processed with no identity from the rest of the Disney meat? Its a different kind of bad compared to the last 2 X-Men movies but still bad.

Feige is one of those people who would have supported Disney firing James Mangold when he introduced his vision for the last wolverine movie.

He would have tried to convince Ryan Renyolds that there is nothing wrong with superhero comedy as long as it is another GOTG. What do they call the Thor franchise now? Asguardians of the Galaxy. Very unfitting for Thor movies.

He would have supported Disney rejecting any plans that Days of Future Past is a full blown dystopian time travel story.

Hate DC now but the Nolan trilogy would never have happened under Kevin Feige.

Patty Jenkins role in Wonder Woman would have been very limited. I don't know who is the female director of Captain Marvel, because MCU movies are more about a formula than a director.

Kevin Fiege films suffers from filmmaking limitations and severe writing immaturity, Morph was more believable than Fat Thor.

500px-Evil_Morph.jpg
    Damn, I thought I was tough on Feige. But you make a lot of good points. MCU fans talk bad about Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner, but these two producers are not limited and has done more than just superhero movies. I don’t think Feige has ever ventured out of this genre. Feige can’t do a non-superhero project, maybe that’s why he don’t have his own production company like 99% of producers. And the thought of a Feige lead X-Men sickens me.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-02-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    His talents are limited or is it another Disney constrained situation,Marvel movies never growing past a pea? I wouldn't want him as a head runner for X-Men anymore than Kinberg . He is not doing that well handling Spiderman. What he has done to Thor and his movies is unbearable. He should have fought harder with Disney with the GOTG concept, making it more like the comics than the childish humor franchise it is perceived now. He should have done more with the Iron Man sequels. He should never have created a formulaic concept to use in almost every MCU movie that are all one thing. On his storytelling limitations , it doesn't scratch the surface of any good X-Men story that has film potential.
    Actually down to the Awesome Mix tape the style and characters were Gunn's doing with Feige support. He just helped give Spidey his 1st billion dollar movie and the Thor franchise is more popular then ever I know a lot of comic fans disliked Thor in Ragnarok and Endgame but the General Public's reaction is different.