Page 227 of 325 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Def do not want an 05 focus. They were a bad team, highlight of their run is being captured and rescued by a better team. Plus so WASP.

The MCU X-Men should focus on the characters that got the franchise out of obscurity ala ANAD and Outback.
    Start with the ANAD team. Hell, start with Krakoa and that ANAD team, plus Scott, rescuing the O5 team. Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Start with the ANAD team. Hell, start with Krakoa and that ANAD team, plus Scott, rescuing the O5 team. Boom.
    I'm sold. That would be such a dope intro movie and a nice, balanced, diverse lineup too

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I've been chewing this idea over as well. You'd have a really good lineup and an interesting, cinematic story. Plus, you can get the origins/history of the O5 explained as they're bringing the new team up to speed
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does the POV character always have to be a young female? I see it happen all the time from the videogames, comics, cartoons, movies, etc... Lets switch it up and bring in someone different like Iceman, Sunspot, or Prodigy
    Tradition, the 90s cartoon, and Jubilee is Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm sold. That would be such a dope intro movie and a nice, balanced, diverse lineup too
    Yep. You get to introduce a lot of characters really quickly too, which means you can go anywhere for the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I've been chewing this idea over as well. You'd have a really good lineup and an interesting, cinematic story. Plus, you can get the origins/history of the O5 explained as they're bringing the new team up to speed
    Bingo. Nailed it. You get the history and set up while they’re recruiting the ANAD team. At the end, you’re left with a lot of X-men and Iceman wondering “What do we do with 14 X-men?”

So for the sequel, you can start off with some having left to pursue normal lives or other things, and jump to the Claremont/Byrne team. I would advocate doing something with Sinister and the Marauders. I vote for Mutant Massacre, which also allows you to introduce Rogue and Gambit too. Plus set up Angel to become Archangel down the line with the whole being harpooned to the wall scene.

Thats way too many characters to introduce in one film. Id rather start slower than throw that many at the audience. With as much complaining the Fox films got for their poor character development at the expense of Wolverine, this would be almost as bad if not worse bc you simply cant do most of the characters justice

I also dont think Krakoa is a good story to start wit bc its awful for world building. There are concepts, relationships and rules that need to be established in the opening film. Krakoa is such an isolated story given what the plot is, that this stuff doesnt really come into play with it. Its meant as a transitional story, not an origin

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Tradition, the 90s cartoon, and Jubilee is Chinese.
    yeah been there, done that. Time for something new
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-06-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Many of them are captive. Not too many at all, provided you’re not trying to give everyone an entire movie to introduce them. They aren’t the Avengers, after all. I don’t think we need a Banshee movie, a Thunderbird movie, or a Sunfire movie to introduce them first, for example.

Many of them are captive. Not too many at all, provided you’re not trying to give everyone an entire movie to introduce them. They aren’t the Avengers, after all. I don’t think we need a Banshee movie, a Thunderbird movie, or a Sunfire movie to introduce them first, for example.
    No, the characters dont need their own individual movies; that would be ridiculous. They all should have their own individual arcs within the movie though as even the Avengers films did that. Kinda hard to do that when a good chunk are captive and the rest are thrust into a rescue mission

This has always been my position; Krakoa/Giant Sized, remixed as necessary, to reintroduce the X-Men after an under-performing first run. Honor the O5, quickly establish them in a 3 minute intro scene, showing they have been training together and are close friends, but then they are captured and the film switches focus to the global team(including Ororo and Logan, I would also use Xorn or Sway in an important role instead of Sunfire(who is essentially superfluous in GS#1, other than in reference to his late O5 run appearance), plus however many of the Seans/Kurts/Piotrs you want to add on top, along with Mexican+Apache Thunderbird).

You could even do a Disney+ show to highlight more of the team members later/on the small screen. Just start there and move through the Claremont run in as broad or as deep of an interpretation as you want. If they were able to turn Infinity Gauntlet into 22 movies, Claremont's run is easily as mineable, in multiples.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

You dont need to juggle that many characters. Do what Homecoming did, leave to audience to figure out. They know the X-Men, we just don't know MCU version.

The 05 dont need focus in a Krokoa movie we know them (bar Angel and Iceman). Give cameo and small flashbacks Develop ANAD and to extent Cyclops. MCU needs to be diff from Fox Men.

You can develop more X chars long game. ala Black Widow did over multiple films. Fox failed spreading attention, using anyone outside core four, not introducing too many at once.

Thats way too many characters to introduce in one film. Id rather start slower than throw that many at the audience.

I also dont think Krakoa is a good story to start wit bc its awful for world building. There are concepts, relationships and rules that need to be established in the opening film. Krakoa is such an isolated story given what the plot is, that this stuff doesnt really come into play with it. Its meant as a transitional story, not an origin
    The Krakoa story was the rebirth of the X-Men. It was a jumping on point. It basically respected the original run, but was fresh and new and different. And it was able to introduce several main characters who would then be polished over the 16 years of Claremont's run. It is the perfect model to look to for the X-Men's film rebirth. The Fox run under-performed; even if there were some good ideas in there, there was a lot of crap too(just like the original run of the comics). The MCU can be the Uncanny X-Men era of the films. It is the rebirth.

But yes, I wouldn't start the whole thing in one movie. Avengers couldn't have been the movie it was without the groundwork the first films established. The MCU is a huge behemoth now, so it will be interesting to see how Feige wants to play the X-Men into it, but I see the Eternals as the perfect place to start the mutant seed germinating.

Just like the comics, the Celestials placed the X-gene into humanity at the same time they were making the Eternals and Deviants. It was the potential to be as godly and as diverse as those other two races, to level the playing field. After Thanos(a Deviant-variant Eternal) almost destroys life on earth, it would make sense for the X-gene to turn on, for humanity to rise up to face the cosmic forces, en mass.

Then I would introduce Logan in Black Widow or Shang Chi, just as a hint to get people ready, maybe still working as an agent or mercenary. Ororo(and maybe even Namor) in Black Panther 2, with a bit more substance, fleshed out a bit(featured cameos like how BP and Spidey were in CA:Civil War). And then in the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 film, you could do the Shi'Ar/Starjammers/or even Cyke's origin with the plane crash as a featured cameo. Just, set the stage a bit.

It would be great to have full Wolverine, Storm, and Cyke/Jean films to set up the whole X-Men lore before actually then bringing them all together for a huge "Giant Sized X-Men" film, ala the first Avengers film, but I would be content with featured cameos in the already in development phase 4/5 films.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 08-06-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    You dont need to juggle that many characters. Do what Homecoming did, leave to audience to figure out. They know the X-Men, we just don't know MCU version.

The 05 dont need focus in a Krokoa movie we know them (bar Angel and Iceman). Give cameo and small flashbacks Develop ANAD and to extent Cyclops. MCU needs to be diff from Fox Men.

You can develop more X chars long game. ala Black Widow did over multiple films. Fox failed spreading attention, using anyone outside core four, not introducing too many at once.
    The only major non-villian Spidey character in Homecoming was Peter and arguably Aunt May. The rest were relatively minor supporting characters to Spidey's mythos that didnt require attention and individual arcs. Unless we are going for a cast which contains the likes of Maggott, Thunderbird (Neal), Petra and Sway, I dont think you can quite do the same thing here

Black Widow was introduced in a solo film and shared the spotlight with 2 other heroes. Not quite the same as introducing 10 or so characters in one film and having them all share that spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Krakoa story was the rebirth of the X-Men. It was a jumping on point. It basically respected the original run, but was fresh and new and different. And it was able to introduce several main characters who would then be polished over the 16 years of Claremont's run. It is the perfect model to look to for the X-Men's film rebirth. The Fox run under-performed; even if there were some good ideas in there, there was a lot of crap too(just like the original run of the comics). The MCU can be the Uncanny X-Men era of the films. It is the rebirth.
    I really dont think its a good idea to introduce the O5 as minor characters kidnapped in the background. What happens next, they all leave (like the books) or we are left with one big large team (which also isnt a good idea). Its better to start small and expand rather than start large and cut down. I dont think they need to adapt a comic storyline for the first film, but rather do something original to set up this world, introduce the concept of mutation and how that works within the larger MCU narrative. Krakoa doesnt accomplish that at all as its a rescue mission. Mutantkind and the core issues with humanity dont come into play much at all and IMO that needs to be a the forefront of the origin of this franchise.
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-06-2019 at 03:27 PM.

No, they all leave the main team(except for Cyke and Jean(ish)), just like the real canon. They can get more shine in the Disney+ show. Base them on Moira's Muir Island Research Center. The movies just have to be more diverse than an all white all American Bore5. If audiences really cry out for them, you can do an X-Factor spin off franchise, but Claremont's X-Men are the bread and butter, not the original run, or are you really itching to see the Conquistador and Diamond Jack and Factor Three, run by the squid from Sirius, and Lucifer, the alien from Quistalium who crippled Charles in a cave? Please.

I dont think they need to adapt a comic storyline for the first film, but rather do something original to set up this world, introduce the concept of mutation and how that works within the larger MCU narrative. Krakoa doesnt accomplish that at all as its a rescue mission. Mutantkind and the core issues with humanity dont come into play much at all and IMO that needs to be a the forefront of the origin of this franchise.
    I already said the Eternals should do the background work of establishing mutants place in the grand scheme of the MCU. And yes, the global team's recruitment scenes is exactly where you can paint the picture of what it's like for mutants in the world.

Kurt is almost staked in the heart by an angry mob. Piotr is hiding in the closet, afraid of what his neighbors will think, and what the State will do to him. Logan has been experimented upon and used as a weapon by the military industrial complex. Ororo has used her great gifts to help humanity, and they worship her for it.

It's in the global team that the real core themes the X-Men are known for are actually established, and it was Claremont who really took it far. Maybe only the Sentinel stories actually approach this in the original run.

No, they all leave the main team(except for Cyke and Jean(ish)), just like the real canon. They can get more shine in the Disney+ show. Base them on Moira's Muir Island Research Center. The movies just have to be more diverse than an all white all American Bore5. If audiences really cry out for them, you can do an X-Factor spin off franchise, but Claremont's X-Men are the bread and butter, not the original run, or are you really itching to see the Conquistador and Diamond Jack and Factor Three, run by the squid from Sirius, and Lucifer, the alien from Quistalium who crippled Charles in a cave? Please.
    Did I ever write that? No. I specifically stated, Im all for them adapting an original story and above I said Scott, Jean, Storm should be the core

I already said the Eternals should do the background work of establishing mutants place in the grand scheme of the MCU. And yes, the global team's recruitment scenes is exactly where you can paint the picture of what it's like for mutants in the world.

Kurt is almost staked in the heart by an angry mob. Piotr is hiding in the closet, afraid of what his neighbors will think, and what the State will do to him. Logan has been experimented upon and used as a weapon by the military industrial complex. Ororo has used her great gifts to help humanity, and they worship her for it.

It's in the global team that the real core themes the X-Men are known for are actually established, and it was Claremont who really took it far. Maybe only the Sentinel stories actually approach this in the original run.
    No, those were very well felt in the original stories