Page 228 of 325 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, those were very well felt in the original stories
    Please. The original X-Men were subservient to the military/government, despised beatniks, and hated being mutants(did everything they could to hide their abilities, and even would have given them up).

05arewhack.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

An O5 X-Men would miss the mark in so many ways.

The O5 having internalized prejudice is completely understandable and realistic. If anything a movie where some X-Men(not necessarily O5) feel terrible about themselves but become hopeful and proud by the end could be quite powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    An O5 X-Men would miss the mark in so many ways.
    Agreed. The Bore5 should be acknowledged, but the global team is so much more interesting and better in every way.

Any 'internalized prejudice' angle necessary is far more strikingly embodied in Thunderbird. Even his foolish attempt to prove himself in the face of certain death is poignant in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    How quickly do you guys think the MCU will get to next-gen of Mutants?
    Soon, I hope. Would like to see the New X-Men get on the big screen sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I lean to the quicker end, I wonder if MCU could do something crazy like start with New Mutants almost like PoV into the world
    I could be okay with that. Hope they would distinguish themselves from the Fox movie versions somehow so it's fresh.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Soon, I hope. Would like to see the New X-Men get on the big screen sometime.
    I still say they should start with X-23 over Logan. Use her to establish the mystery/legend of Wolverine, with Old Man Rogers remarking how she reminds him of rumors from the War of a feral soldier in the Canadian Army, more animal than man and who couldn't die. Sort of do an inversion of Target X/New X-Men where instead of Logan luring her out to try to bring her to the school, it's Laura looking for him to learn about the man she was created from.

There's a LOT they could do with such a setup.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the newest generations. Mayyybe they score a Disney+ animated series or something like that sooner than later, but I would think at least 10-15 years before they get the big screen adaptation. The more mainstream X-Men have at least that many years of stories to get through first(though it is certainly possible that one or two of the more ethnically interesting characters get folded into the main team before hand).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath for the newest generations. Mayyybe they score a Disney+ animated series or something like that sooner than later, but I would think at least 10-15 years before they get the big screen adaptation. The more mainstream X-Men have at least that many years of stories to get through first(though it is certainly possible that one or two of the more ethnically interesting characters get folded into the main team before hand).
    Yeah, you need a few core characters people can connect to. I like Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Storm, Cyclops, Iceman as must haves personally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They are not keeping the X-Men separate. It´s already been stated there will be only one MCU. Fox´s last two X-Men films were critical FAILURES and overall Fox XMen did poorly compared to MCU films, commercially and critically.
    It actually hasn’t been stated there will be only one MCU. Iger actually said it make sense to have one Marvel. He wasn’t talking about the MCU, he was talking about all the characters are now under Marvel Studios. That doesn’t mean we can’t have multiple MCU’s

I can’t see Disney missing the opportunity to go full Hogwarts with Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters merch. The possibility for toys and apparel is the whole ballgame.

That said, we can have a realistic debate about the A-plot cast of adult X-Men. The B-plot cast of mutant students is a free-for-all. I’d assume mutant kids with a gimmicky article of clothing to aid identification... so you got Jubilee’s coat and earrings, Prodigy’s goggles, Dust’s Niqāb... then there’s the heavy CG kids like Glob.

Given how close in age all the main X-Men are actually(sliding timeline of only 10 years since the O5), I wouldn't find it impossible that they might have the lesser generations filling up the background shots(as opposed to the mostly random nobodies they did in the Fox-men films), but I certainly don't think they would start it that way(a tight crew of just the team as in the original stories is better from a character perspective).

Who wants to see the NM, Gen Xers, or Academy kids just being extras while the main team gets all the focus? I'd rather not see them at all until it is their time to shine. If you actually wait until the main team is already established before introducing the later ones, you can do as the comics did, and introduce one new generation at a time and create various spin off franchises, which would be ideal for a longer format Disney+ show anyways, given the teen angst/student drama angle.

You know, have the Brood Saga movie part 1 end where the X-Men are seemingly lost in space, so Xavier and Moira reluctantly gather a new crew of students(without knowing Charles is actually infested with the Brood Queen embryo and is gathering more hosts for her eggs!). Spin off Disney+ series follows the trials and tribulations of Dani, Rahne, Roberto, Illyana, Xian, and Sam as they go through their paces in the Danger Room and all that, we get 8 hours of them learning about themselves and each other, and then next summer X-Men:Brood Saga part 2 comes out and we see the X-Men's adventures in space conclude, and they come back to whup Brood Xavier's butt and the NM fight them!

That 8 hours in-between the summer blockbuster gives them definition, so their fight in the 3rd act actually has weight. We know and love all these characters! And after having the show and the featured cameo in the X-Men franchise, NM branches off into its own movie line, with the Demon Bear, Asgard, and Inferno trilogy of their own(with a couple more seasons of Disney+ in-between focusing on their school rivalry with the Hellions). Then after that trilogy they spin off into X-Force, and we get a new crop of kids with Gen X. And so on and so forth. Stretching out the material for generations. You all are jumping the gun. Slow down and let Disney Marvel consume you for eternity!

Astonishing Member

Lol, there is a lot of stuff there, especially on the tv side.

If we’re taking a vote, I vote for not starting with the 05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah been there, done that. Time for something new
    The movies haven’t ‘done that’ yet...
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 08-06-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Well yeah. That’s why act 2 ends with Emma sliding into Cerebro and controlling the student body in order to repel the Sentinel swarm over the Outback bunker, and then loading them all into a Blackbird headed for Alaska.

Emma and Cyke get a Disney+ show until New York is Inferno’d.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I just read the article on CBR's front page; Disney had a rather large 3rd quarter loss that they attribute to DARK PHOENIX's poor box-office. Disney hasn't had any losses in a while. Now they say they're going to concentrate on AVATAR and PLANET OF THE APES. Sent a little chill up my spine--if I hadn't just read that, I'd have said your prediction of 10+ years for a new X-MEN film was too many years, but now, it seems you might be right.

I would guess that Wolverine at least will appear in MCU films as part of an Avengers or Heroes' team, and as others are discussing, maybe additional characters as well. And I hope there will be X-Men animation; I think that's a universally held wish of all X-Men fans--we want new, quality, X-Men animation. But a live-action film, alas, not for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Lol, there is a lot of stuff there, especially on the tv side.

If we’re taking a vote, I vote for not starting with the 05.

The movies haven’t ‘done that’ yet...
    They did that with Rogue in the very first film!