Page 229 of 325 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4870

It bears noting that X-men in media have never used the O5 to start. The first X-men three movies didn't start with them, The first class reboot didn't use them. None of the cartoons began with them. I think Wolverine and X-men is only thing that has O5 together useable if they wanted. I don't see Marvel movies breaking that trend but if mutants are just being found in the world like new phenomena then O5 would be pretty good choice but I think they would extend roster by 2 or 3. So it would be like a Original 7 with Storm and some other minority character maybe Forge or Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I just read the article on CBR's front page; Disney had a rather large 3rd quarter loss that they attribute to DARK PHOENIX's poor box-office. Disney hasn't had any losses in a while. Now they say they're going to concentrate on AVATAR and PLANET OF THE APES. Sent a little chill up my spine--if I hadn't just read that, I'd have said your prediction of 10+ years for a new X-MEN film was too many years, but now, it seems you might be right.

I would guess that Wolverine at least will appear in MCU films as part of an Avengers or Heroes' team, and as others are discussing, maybe additional characters as well. And I hope there will be X-Men animation; I think that's a universally held wish of all X-Men fans--we want new, quality, X-Men animation. But a live-action film, alas, not for many years.
    They can't put mutants on hold for that long.

Maybe at least they can introduce Beast in Avatar 7: Carry On Pandora.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I just read the article on CBR's front page; Disney had a rather large 3rd quarter loss that they attribute to DARK PHOENIX's poor box-office. Disney hasn't had any losses in a while. Now they say they're going to concentrate on AVATAR and PLANET OF THE APES. Sent a little chill up my spine--if I hadn't just read that, I'd have said your prediction of 10+ years for a new X-MEN film was too many years, but now, it seems you might be right.

I would guess that Wolverine at least will appear in MCU films as part of an Avengers or Heroes' team, and as others are discussing, maybe additional characters as well. And I hope there will be X-Men animation; I think that's a universally held wish of all X-Men fans--we want new, quality, X-Men animation. But a live-action film, alas, not for many years.

While discussing 20th Century Fox's place at Disney, Bob Iger name-checks X-Men, Deadpool, and Fantastic 4 as "part of Marvel Studios," but he does not mention any plans of how those properties will be integrated in the MCU.

Will we hear more at the D23 panel in 2.5 weeks?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I still say they should start with X-23 over Logan. Use her to establish the mystery/legend of Wolverine, with Old Man Rogers remarking how she reminds him of rumors from the War of a feral soldier in the Canadian Army, more animal than man and who couldn't die. Sort of do an inversion of Target X/New X-Men where instead of Logan luring her out to try to bring her to the school, it's Laura looking for him to learn about the man she was created from.

There's a LOT they could do with such a setup.
    I could see it working as story in and of itself, although I have to admit wondering if setting up Wolverine would make more sense, to help fill in the backstory and all that? That said, I think X-23 could work as a solo character a la the old Wolverine and Deadpool movies that have her doing her own thing outside of the X-Men team.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath for the newest generations. Mayyybe they score a Disney+ animated series or something like that sooner than later, but I would think at least 10-15 years before they get the big screen adaptation. The more mainstream X-Men have at least that many years of stories to get through first(though it is certainly possible that one or two of the more ethnically interesting characters get folded into the main team before hand).
    On the other hand, those mainstream characters have already been done to death in the movies.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Of course Phoenix was a loss and they'd be crazy to not expect that going into the buyout. No, Iger is smarter than that. I don't think anything has changed since he said it would be a while though, 3-6 years tops. They've got to get through phase 4, and I tell ya, I'm not at all excited about any of the movies therein knowing they are now sitting on the X-Men.

I don't think anyone besides a niche is excited about the Eternals, so they'd better get some top talent on it to advertise itself like the Guardians did (Chris Pratt) or they may be looking at another few disappointing box office films.

EDIT: Welp, nevermind. Foot in mouth.

“One of the biggest issues we faced in the quarter was the performance of the Fox film business,” Disney CEO Bob Iger said during the call. “It was well below what it had been and well below what we thought it would be when we did the acquisition.”

Did they really think people liked the Fox movies that much?? Disney didn't even market or promote it, why didn't they expect this? o_O /baffled
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 08-07-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Did they really think people liked the Fox movies that much?? Disney didn't even market or promote it, why didn't they expect this? o_O /baffled
    None of the Fox movies did as bad Dark Phoenix they all made back their money and some profit. And they did promote it ,I would bet they spent about 75 to 100 million on advertising campaign. Nobody expected Dark Phoenix to do this bad they expect something more along the lines of 500 million not 252 million.

So word on the street(the internet lol) that out of all the new acquisitions Disney/Marvel acquired, the Russo brothers revealed in a Reddit AMA they're most interested in doing a Wolverine film.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    So word on the street(the internet lol) that out of all the new acquisitions Disney/Marvel acquired, the Russo brothers revealed in a Reddit AMA they're most interested in doing a Wolverine film.
    I would love them on a Wolverine movie.

Bring it on!

Anything by the Russos sounds good, based on their track record.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Anything by the Russos sounds good, based on their track record.
    The Russos fillmmaking methods won't be right for X-Men. Are they the ones who wrote and directed Endgame? Their track record should only be based on other MCU movies not helmed by them. Russos vs Whedon's record.

Me bringing up some of the problems with Avengers CGI was because I didn't want that in the reboot X-Men films. It would have been easier for me to judge the Russos if they had any other big budget action movie apart from MCU films.

Damien Chazelle is the person I would go for as the next writer and director for X-men movies if MCU can allow that.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-09-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Those rumors about Magneto's origins needs to stay a rumor. I don't see how any version of Magneto can survive with that drastic change.

Astonishing Member

First choice should be Bryan Singer for MCU X-Men.

Second choice should be Simon Kinberg.

Bring back what worked in the past.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    First choice should be Bryan Singer for MCU X-Men.

Second choice should be Simon Kinberg.

Bring back what worked in the past.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!