Page 230 of 325 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4870
    Fantastic Member

I won't mind if they start with O5 tbh, but it seems unlikely. I'm expecting something very different from the fox movies.

Hopefully they would save Wolverine for the sequel.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Of course Phoenix was a loss and they'd be crazy to not expect that going into the buyout. No, Iger is smarter thand

Many people on this forum said repeatedly the movie should've been cancelled
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    First choice should be Bryan Singer for MCU X-Men.

Second choice should be Simon Kinberg.

Bring back what worked in the past.
    lol 10/10 troll. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Many people on this forum said repeatedly the movie should've been cancelled
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The Russos fillmmaking methods won't be right for X-Men. Are they the ones who wrote and directed Endgame? Their track record should only be based on other MCU movies not helmed by them. Russos vs Whedon's record.

Me bringing up some of the problems with Avengers CGI was because I didn't want that in the reboot X-Men films. It would have been easier for me to judge the Russos if they had any other big budget action movie apart from MCU films.

Damien Chazelle is the person I would go for as the next writer and director for X-men movies if MCU can allow that.
    Russo brothers also did Winter Soldier, which I would assume is closer to what you'd want. On top of that, they've shown they can juggle really large casts well with the Avengers movies, which was one of the weak points of the Fox movies. If they were tapped to do it, I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

If I had the power to make this happen here is what I would do.

Russo brother's for the X-Men team film. Bring back Mangold for Wolverine's solo (low budget and make it R rated). Spielberg for a Magneto origin movie, you will cry.... a lot. Kevin Smith for a Multiple Man/X-Factor movie. Patty Jenkins for a Rogue movie. Justin Lin for Gambit (I think he would kill it on a Jean Grey and Cyclops movie also.) Finally, New Mutants gets folded into the new MCU.

I know none of these are truly inspired picks, but I'm okay with people playing to their strengths.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spielberg over the Russos to helm a team movie. Do we need a Magneto origins film?

Kathryn Bigelow for any female X-Men movie. Patty is too synonymous with Wonder Woman.

James Mangold won't come back unless he is in full control.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Russo brothers also did Winter Soldier, they've shown they can juggle really large casts well with the Avengers movies, which was one of the weak points of the Fox movies. If they were tapped to do it, I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    The large ''cast'' aren't do anything other than stopping alien invasions all together , not to mention its the most cliche trope of superhero stories. The Avengers had to do that for all 3 major films, 2 helmed by the Russos. X-Men is also supposed to be different from Avengers. X-Men needs to stay as the complicated drama of Marvel. Only this time , they follow the other important aspect of their comics, get new character's roaster for every movie.

which I would assume is closer to what you'd want. On top of that,
    If it was down to any MCU director, I would choose Joss Whedon for writing, casting and the direction of the movie and I would chose Jon Freavau to handle the editing, cinematography, CGI and music score. I would also need Disney to take a step back and put the talents of Whedon and Jon first, not put the Marvel movies formula first.

Jon Freavau did an amazing job with the Jungle Book. The work of that film is so upgraded from the MCU, I don't know how Freavau did it. Not only did Whedon make the best Avengers film, he has done other things including writing X-Men comics. The Russos only have their MCU movies. Their track record is limited from an X-Men perspective.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-10-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Whedon needs to be sidelined for a bit. Ultron was a shitshow and his justice league rewrites don’t sound much better. And I hate to crush hopes but there’s no way in hell they’ll be able to book Spielberg for the MCU man’s got his own production company or Hollywood Illuminati or whatever to run. I’m hoping we get some new talent on a “mutants-related property”, someone with a fresh style who can manage an ensemble because honestly no one who’s tackled x-men in the movies have had A+ ensemble management. Maybe B+ at best

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Whedon needs to be sidelined for a bit. Ultron was a shitshow and his justice league rewrites don’t sound much better. And I hate to crush hopes but there’s no way in hell they’ll be able to book Spielberg for the MCU man’s got his own production company or Hollywood Illuminati or whatever to run. I’m hoping we get some new talent on a “mutants-related property”, someone with a fresh style who can manage an ensemble because honestly no one who’s tackled x-men in the movies have had A+ ensemble management. Maybe B+ at best
    I know Spielberg is wish dream. Ultron wasn't entirely Whedon's fault, there were internal conflicts going on. Whedon's style would be different from Avengers, he would make X-Men more like a Buffy and Firefly mash up. Justice League was a last minute decision, There was nothing he could do to change the course of another Zack Snyder's mess. We definitely need a fresh style, a young director not an old one like Spielberg won't hurt. Damien Chazelle is the only person I can think about right now.The only obstacle is any person that directs next would be tick boxing against the typical MCU checkbox list.

Jordan Peele would me my number one choice for an MCU X-Men film, but unfortunately he doesn’t want to direct blockbusters right now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I know Spielberg is wish dream. Ultron wasn't entirely Whedon's fault, there were internal conflicts going on. Whedon's style would be different from Avengers, he would make X-Men more like a Buffy and Firefly mash up. Justice League was a last minute decision, There was nothing he could do to change the course of another Zack Snyder's mess. We definitely need a fresh style, a young director not an old one like Spielberg won't hurt. Damien Chazelle is the only person I can think about right now.The only obstacle is any person that directs next would be tick boxing against the typical MCU checkbox list.
    ooh Chazelle would kick ass, at least conceptually. I'd love for them to give the reins to anyone with a background in thoughtful high-concept sci-fi like him or Denis Villeneuve; we'd be able to check our visually striking + intriguing plot elements boxes no question. My personal pipe dream would be Sam Levinson just for the insane spectacle of it all
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 08-11-2019 at 10:21 AM.

The large ''cast'' aren't do anything other than stopping alien invasions all together , not to mention its the most cliche trope of superhero stories. The Avengers had to do that for all 3 major films, 2 helmed by the Russos. X-Men is also supposed to be different from Avengers. X-Men needs to stay as the complicated drama of Marvel. Only this time , they follow the other important aspect of their comics, get new character's roaster for every movie.
    You're overthinking it; the point is, irregardless of the team's goal in the movie, the Russo's films have done a pretty good job of giving every character their chance to shine and a piece of the mission. That's something any future X-Men's movies need, irregardless of other considerations. (Also, as far as character interactions within the team, the Russos have also acquitted themselves on that front. Between their Captain America and Avengers movies, they have nothing to prove in regards to being qualified or not for an X-Men project.)

If it was down to any MCU director, I would choose Joss Whedon for writing, casting and the direction of the movie and I would chose Jon Freavau to handle the editing, cinematography, CGI and music score. I would also need Disney to take a step back and put the talents of Whedon and Jon first, not put the Marvel movies formula first.
    Interesting combo. Could see that working, esp. since Marvel Studios has been giving a lot more creative freedom to their directors then there was in the franchise pre-Avengers 1.

Jon Freavau did an amazing job with the Jungle Book. The work of that film is so upgraded from the MCU, I don't know how Freavau did it.
    How about Favaru using his Lion King tech on a Savage Lands movie of some kind?

Not only did Whedon make the best Avengers film, he has done other things including writing X-Men comics. The Russos only have their MCU movies. Their track record is limited from an X-Men perspective.
    Not being a writer of a specific medium does not disqualify one from directing an adaptation of said source material. Heck, if that was the case, Peter Jackson was an unqualified choice for Lord of the Rings.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spielberg over the Russos to helm a team movie. Do we need a Magneto origins film?
    I'd be happy to see Spielberg direct the team movie as well, but what the Russo's did with Infinity War and then Endgame is enough of a resume for me. Asking "do we need a Magneto film" is pointless. Do we need any film? No we don't need any film, this is entertainment and specifically one person's desire. No need for that type of attitude.

Kathryn Bigelow for any female X-Men movie. Patty is too synonymous with Wonder Woman.
    I'm not sure how a director can be too synonymous with a property to not get other work. James Cameron comes to mind as someone associated with multiple massive franchises. Bigelow made some amazing films and I think she would be a great director for a Rogue movie as well however.

James Mangold won't come back unless he is in full control.
    That's what we're all hoping for, he get's full control. Also, didn't know you knew Mangold well enough to make that claim, care to introduce us?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Bruh this gif just killed me LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'd be happy to see Spielberg direct the team movie as well, but what the Russo's did with Infinity War and then Endgame is enough of a resume for me. Asking "do we need a Magneto film" is pointless. Do we need any film? No we don't need any film, this is entertainment and specifically one person's desire. No need for that type of attitude.

I'm not sure how a director can be too synonymous with a property to not get other work. James Cameron comes to mind as someone associated with multiple massive franchises. Bigelow made some amazing films and I think she would be a great director for a Rogue movie as well however.

That's what we're all hoping for, he get's full control. Also, didn't know you knew Mangold well enough to make that claim, care to introduce us?
    I don't know Mangold personally. I only know what he says publicly. He isn't a big fan of the Marvel connected universe. He had internal conflicts with Fox during The Wolverine and He wasn't happy about Disney buying Fox. It's safe to say Mangold is done with Marvel movies, although Fox should have put more faith in an X23 movie Mangold was willing to do than give Kinberg 300m to make a dark phoenix movie.

Directors can get too synonymous with a property. A rivalry between GOTG 3 and Suicide Squad 2 is on the rise. It won't surprise me if James Gunn feels he is been torn apart not by the Marvel vs DC debate, but as a director just trying to make movies. I saw this happen again when JJ Abrams was caught in the middle of star trek and star wars. Then there was Bryan Singer who left X3 for Superman returns, Some Marvel fans still hate him for ditching X-men for a DC property as it was beyond obvious X3 would have been better than it was, if he stayed and directed.

The Russos are good for Avengers. X-Men needs somebody like Spielberg. Spielberg was good at creating visually stunning films but he also had the intriguing stories that merged well. I loved many visual moments in X2 but what I loved most was the story in the film. superhero movies weren't telling the kind of stories X2 was telling. Avengers stories aren't as intriguing as X-Men because Avengers serves a different purpose. Outside of Avengers, MCU has gotten too formulaic. Russos stories are too easily constructed with the alien invasions and world ending take overs and paint by numbers plots. You need something more than that to do an X-Men movie.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    ooh Chazelle would kick ass, at least conceptually. I'd love for them to give the reins to anyone with a background in thoughtful high-concept sci-fi like him or Denis Villeneuve; we'd be able to check our visually striking + intriguing plot elements boxes no question. My personal pipe dream would be Sam Levison just for the insane spectacle of it all

Somebody knowing who Chazelle is has made my day. I am stunned most have not heard of him. I love him for the same reasons you do. he has the visually striking movies and intriguing plot elements. He would be the right person for X-Men. Don't forget he is young and fresh.

I have never heard of Sam Levison, I like Christopher McQuarrie, he is not as polished as Chazelle but he makes interesting less kid friendly blockbusters. McQuarrie was already involved in the eariler X-Men movies but he got no credit. He wanted to create an expanded x-men universe in 2012. This is a very interesting read.

http://x-menfilms.com/blog/2012/12/1...-men-universe/

I am all about the future of x-men but again I have to wonder how XMEN ended up getting head runned by Simon Kinberg. The franchise slipped away from the good hands of Mathew Vaughn and Christoper McQuiarrie. Talk about bad luck. The bad fortunes can only change for the better, if MCU does the right thing.