Page 238 of 325 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4870
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Exactly. People love the MCU enough to give characters they’ve seen before a chance. If anything people’s disappointment with how FOX handled the X-men will make them more eager to see the MCU’s take on them.
    I hope so. My biggest fear to be honest is that they skip Jean, I hope they can show her again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Wolverine and Cyke are not like Cap/Iron Man.
    Sure, Cap and Iron Man wish they had the chemistry Scott and Logan have.

Also, I'm not against race-bending characters but I can see how it could hurt the already existing minority characters. Having, say, Denzel Washington or Lance Reddick play Professor X would add diversity to the movie but he'd still be a white guy in the comics. So, the comics themselves would be no less diverse and the minority characters would remain on the b-list.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope so. My biggest fear to be honest is that they skip Jean, I hope they can show her again.
    I’d assumed they’d bring Jean back in a resurrected context to provide impetus to AvX, but I get the sense they’re going to use the Captain Marvel v Rogue scenario instead.

I feel bad for your ships and faves, but we could do without Jean in the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Exactly. People love the MCU enough to give characters they’ve seen before a chance. If anything people’s disappointment with how FOX handled the X-men will make them more eager to see the MCU’s take on them.
    But it doesn’t have to be the same mutants. It would be better to introduce different mutants in the MCU instead of an X-Men movie.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out in 2014 and 2 years later people were already all over the new Spidey on Civil War. With Marvel already announcing all the projects for 2020-2021 + BP2, CM2, Blade, and Fantastic Four, X-Men is gonna have an even longer delay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Nah Spidey just made a billion the X-Men will be fine.
    Exactly. People are burnt out on bad X-men stories. The MCU has movie-goer trust, they'll show up just fine.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I know, it hurts because it is true

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’d assumed they’d bring Jean back in a resurrected context to provide impetus to AvX, but I get the sense they’re going to use the Captain Marvel v Rogue scenario instead.

We can do without Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine too.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You should write the story… I'm serious.
    It's on my bucket list.

I am a creative writer/writer... if it's God's will, you might see my name in the credits one day.

Thank you for the compliment.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    We can do without Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine too.
    It is not really the same thing. Jean grey has been dead extended periods of time in the X-men story. Xavier is the founder need to set up the X-men, Magneto is the foundational enemy and the flipside of the X-men when done properly. You can go without them but you need generally need them to set up and they key a bunch of big stories. Wolverine is one of the three most important X-men in the franchise along with Cyclops and Storm. Those three are among the most popular characters and collectively those 3 are around almost all of the important stories.

My argument for Wolverine is based on telling the story of the X-men properly, You want a focus on Wolverine less tell the good X-men stories that don't feature Wolverine in the front but Wolverine is in story he should be around for that story and the same goes for any X-men who were in that story. Lets do a list of good X-men stories and Big events

1. Proteus
    2. Dark Phoenix Saga
    3.Days of Future Past
    4.God Loves, Man Kills
    5.Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men
    6.Grant Morrison New X-men
    7.The Brood Saga
    8.House of M/Decimation
    9.Schism
    10.Mutant massacre
    11.Age of Apocalypse
    12.Avengers vs X-men
    13.Deadly Genesis
    14.Apocalypse the 12
    15.Operation zero tolerance
    16. Inferno
    17.Xtinction Agenda
    18.Fatal Attractions
    19.Muir Island Saga
    20.Messiah War/Complex/Second Coming
    21 X-cutioner's Song
    22 Fall of the Mutants
    23.Phalanx Covenant
    24.Utopia
    25.Onslaught

How many of these stories have Wolverine in them? Pretty much all of them. There is no problem in adding other X-men to stories but shouldn't be taking out people who in stories out of the stories. Wolverine isn't the focal point every X-men story. Wolverine is in God Loves Man kills but he isn't the focal point,Wolverine is in Days of Future Past but he isn't the focal point, Kitty was the focal point,Wolverine wasn't the focal point of Dark Phoenix Saga that was Jean Grey. If these stories were told properly other X-men would be featured BUT Wolverine would be in it. Stay true to source material as much as possible and yes adapting does mean stuff do have to change but it is should be additive not subtracting.If you are doing the early years with O5 you can add on characters like Forge, Darwin, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Mimic, Sway, Petra, Polaris or Dazzler. You shouldn't take away characters who are already in the story.

All-New Member

I hope Marvel/Disney speeds up the process and we will get a new movie soon.

I suppose for me X-Tinction Agenda would be my favorite story to adapt.
    Last edited by Phoenix33; 08-18-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Thing is Fox couldn't help making Logan the focal point in DOFP and X2. I think the Homecoming approach might be a good way of solving that for at least the first movie.

The Homecoming approach was wrong, you cant replace Ben with Tony. The MCU is not supposed to be so absorbed in Spiderman's world either as it takes away drastically what makes Spiderman a unique hero. Wolverine does not have the same importance in X-Men as Uncle Ben does in Spiderman.

Wolverine should be a background character, at least in the first movie.

Amazing Member

The Homecoming approach was wrong, you cant replace Ben with Tony. The MCU is not supposed to be so absorbed in Spiderman's world either as it takes away drastically what makes Spiderman a unique hero. Wolverine does not have the same importance in X-Men as Uncle Ben does in Spiderman.

It made sense why Ben wasn't used. How many times can you kill off Uncle Ben. I think Marvel will do great with the X-Men give them time.

I'm not talking about not using Ben. I'm talking about constantly having him die in those two Spider Man series. It was different to not have that in Homecoming. Just like it would be refreshing to not have Magneto fighting Xavier again.