Page 249 of 325 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 4870

So apparently, someone claimed that New Mutants was screened recently. It's just a claim on Twitter, but some of those have panned out in the past. If true, then maybe that's a sign that Marvel and Disney are serious about releasing this movie in some form.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I might be in the minority, at least on this forum, but I wouldn't have minded Kit Harington as Wolverine. I could definitely see him as Logan and was already salivating thinking of how he was gonna show up on some post-credits scenes given the early casting... oh well.

On a side note, if I was Harington/his agent, I would have pushed for a role bigger than the Black Knight given his following and star power after Game of Thrones. Granted, I have no idea what Marvel's plans for the character are, he could be the next breakout star for all I know LOL

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    He’ll be fine, because Disney doesn’t do depth, conflict, charm and sophisticated beauty anyway.
    lol....it's sad cause it's true. All the leading men in Marvel Movies so far are so plastic and comercial. They all look like TV stars. All the Chrises anyway.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    So apparently, someone claimed that New Mutants was screened recently. It's just a claim on Twitter, but some of those have panned out in the past. If true, then maybe that's a sign that Marvel and Disney are serious about releasing this movie in some form.
    Rumor is it's a new Disney cut:

https://twitter.com/NewMutantsUp/sta...72243101360128

Also, a person claiming to be film editor had been tweeting about the new version: https://twitter.com/ImAFilmEditor
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 08-25-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't remember seeing this article referenced anywhere so I thought I'd post it here:

https://www.cbr.com/report-sony-marv...-dark-phoenix/

According to Variety, an inside source claims Disney was motivated to bail out of the talks due to it wanting Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige to devote time to the Marvel properties once owned by Fox, which include the X-Men. Allegedly, following Dark Phoenix's disastrous cinematic run, Walt Disney Studios co-chairman Alan Bergman decided to end the negotiations with Sony.
    I think the title of the article is a bit dramatic but overall it's a story I can easily believe: with Phase 4's movies largely defined in terms of directors, casting and storylines, Kevin Feige's attention will be on Phase 5 going forward, and we know that the biggest new additions to that will be the franchises Disney inherited from Fox, 2 of which sorely needing a fresh approach following disappointing box office results.

So yeah, saying the deal with Sony fell through because Dark Phoenix bombed at the box office is an oversimplification, but I think it's fair to say Feige's focus should be on Marvel's new major franchises which they will get 100% of their profits from rather than Spider-Man where they only got a 5% - it's just common sense really.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    ...but I think it's fair to say Feige's focus should be on Marvel's new major franchises which they will get 100% of their profits from rather than Spider-Man where they only got a 5% - it's just common sense really.
    'Bout damn time that logic worked in the X-Men's favor! However, I think the FF is far more likely to be done first since they've never had a well-received movie.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    'Bout damn time that logic worked in the X-Men's favor! However, I think the FF is far more likely to be done first since they've never had a well-received movie.
    The Skrulls being front and center reinforces your point too. I'm betting something that happens with that war and the multiverse opens the door to the entrance of the X-men.

It'll be glorious.

Extraordinary Member

I still don't understand why people want mutants introduced through multiverse, I mean, Eternals is there?
    They can do the whole human offshoot(Eternals, Deviants, Atlanteans, Mutants, etc) as a unified concept that is weaved into a greater lore than making mutants random multiversal immigrants.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Ok if they're gonna do an xmen movie- it needs to be basically a recreation of the release of the Jim Lee/Claremont Adjectiveless. (dark Genesis??) but bigger. Set up the exposition conflict but also just go HAMMMM on how the Xavier institute and the Xmen are SO FUCKING BOMB ASS at working together in how they understand one another through that iconic sick full mansion
    training room sequence. And establish inner house synergy, and mutant synergy. And like the joyous Fucking elements of being a mutant as a focus, so when you see the world crashing in around the xmen, you understand how shitty it is to have to use your powers constantly as a weapon.

Epic Danger Room training and teamwork were sorely lacking in the Fox-Men films, and it seems like something the MCU would excel at. I look forward to seeing that realized. Not sure if Deadly Genesis is the right jumping off point, but the Danger Room is definitely on the menu.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Epic Danger Room training and teamwork were sorely lacking in the Fox-Men films, and it seems like something the MCU would excel at. I look forward to seeing that realized. Not sure if Deadly Genesis is the right jumping off point, but the Danger Room is definitely on the menu.
    Game of Mutant Baseball where a new mutant is being welcomed into the fold with the game and we learn the game is taking place in the danger room once it starts to get out of hand and goes sideways. Of course the New Mutant whoever it is wrecks the Danger Room you aren't an official X-Man till that happens.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wonder where would the X-men fandom be if Disney hadn't bought FOX and the X-men rights.
    would Fow have continued the X-men films outside of Deadpool?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wonder where would the X-men fandom be if Disney hadn't bought FOX and the X-men rights.
    Yes, they are still a cash cow. But methinks we'd have seen a 5 year wait that way also as Fox would've wanted to clear the audience palate and start over.

I'm not convinced they would've managed, ever, to do it well though. I think audience mistrust and boredom ran deep after Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Probably with the stuff they'd announced prior, X-Force, Kitty Pryde, X-23, etc.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Rumor is it's a new Disney cut:

https://twitter.com/NewMutantsUp/sta...72243101360128

Also, a person claiming to be film editor had been tweeting about the new version: https://twitter.com/ImAFilmEditor

I can imagine a Disney new cut would lean more to the Tom Holland's Spiderman movies. A full head anti clockwise path for the source material. There was already uproar when the movie was rated pg 13 since most horror films needs to be R to capture the horror angle and new mutants is based on horror xmen stories called the demon bear saga.

I think the movie had a chance, I would have placed my bet on it far better than a Kinberg directed dark phoenix movie but when rumors started flying disney was buying fox, the date got pushed back, more reshorts and finally fox going under, its over for this movie and we are now in a place of what might have been as we know what the future now holds for new mutants, the oringal concept alone is not a disney forumla movie as disney would never make a horror movie staring teenagers. its impossible.

With Spiderman gone, Disney would need to capture the superficial kid friendly angle again and new mutants are the best heroes to do so in disney' eyes because all disney would see is young teens, which is quite dumb because Cable took in the new mutants and trained them to be x-force, a more brasher and violence x-men team and most of their comics featured darker fantasy concepts.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-29-2019 at 02:38 AM.