Page 253 of 325 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Do any of you think any single member of the X-men outside Wolverine could carry a solo film?
    What's the bar for success in this scenario? Does it have to A) make a profit B) be an interesting and unique film C) both D) other.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Gambit, Cable, and X-23 for certain. And Deadpool already does if you count him as an X-Character.
    They definetely must have solo movies.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Gambit, Cable, and X-23 for certain. And Deadpool already does if you count him as an X-Character.
    Could definitely see X-23. Dafne Keen could carry her own X-23 movie if given the right budget
    Make Good Art

BANNED

I actually had high hopes for a James Franco-Multiple Man movie.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What's the bar for success in this scenario? Does it have to A) make a profit B) be an interesting and unique film C) both D) other.
    interesting and unique, to me at least is what matters. If it is good it will sell. Like Guardians of the Galaxy did.

Do any of you think any single member of the X-men outside Wolverine could carry a solo film?
    Before the MCU I would have told you very few. Now we have Ant-Man movies. The sky is the limit.

BANNED

interesting and unique, to me at least is what matters. If it is good it will sell. Like Guardians of the Galaxy did.
    Sales don't denote quality. There's plenty of hot garbage that still makes a lot of money

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Both is good.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Civil War made the line between solos and teamups very flexible. So concievably anyone could hold a solo if you pitch it right.

I imagine Disney+ shows are gonna replace solos in the MCU.

I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this, but I feel like Kitty could work. If they reimagined her for today's audience, she could come across as a relatable figure for Gen z.

Kitty Pryde sounded like it was just a Bendis vanity thing. I really don't know that she could hold a solo.
    10 years ago no one would have thought a Carol Danvers movie would have made over $425 Million at the domestic box office or over a billion globally either. So, it's not necessarily the character's appeal that can drive a movie like that. The interest in Avengers and how Captain Marvel would impact Endgame was one of the reasons for that movie's success.

The interest in the X-Men relaunch and how mutants would be integrated into the MCU could work in the favor of whatever the first MCU X-Men movie. It could be Maggott the Movie and people would go see it.

Rather than starting with a big X-Men movie with all the characters, starting small with a single character discovering he/she is a mutant and then discovering the wider mutant community is one approach they can take. Kitty has been used as that type of doorway character before.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    10 years ago no one would have thought a Carol Danvers movie would have made over $425 Million at the domestic box office or over a billion globally either. So, it's not necessarily the character's appeal that can drive a movie like that. The interest in Avengers and how Captain Marvel would impact Endgame was one of the reasons for that movie's success.

The interest in the X-Men relaunch and how mutants would be integrated into the MCU could work in the favor of whatever the first MCU X-Men movie. It could be Maggott the Movie and people would go see it.

Rather than starting with a big X-Men movie with all the characters, starting small with a single character discovering he/she is a mutant and then discovering the wider mutant community is one approach they can take. Kitty has been used as that type of doorway character before.
    The difference is that Carol, like most Avengers, isn't so inheretely tied to a team like how Kitty and other X-Men are. By the time her movie was announced she already had 90+ solo issues.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

A few years ago, I didn't think Ant Man or Aquaman could carry a solo film. Comics popularity doesn't have much to do with anything. It's all about the character and the concept. So yes, if someone had a good idea, a lot of characters could.

Ant man succeeds by borrowing from heist films. Aquaman from fantasy adventures.

Who among the X-Men have that crap to pull from? Wolverine succeeds as a western, Deadpool as irreverent action comedy.

Magik, fantasy adventure. Gambit, heists. Bishop, buddy cops?

Just throwing it out there.

BANNED

Strictly solo? Probably none of them. Small (2-3) ensembles? Any of them. Captain Marvel and Ant-Man are not as much solo movies as small ensembles.

I could definitely see a Gambit-Rogue-Storm movie. Kitty-Wolverine-Colossus. Nightcrawler-Wolverine. Psylocke-Archangel-Iceman. There are endless possibilities depending on the story you want to tell. Cyclops-Havok-Starjammers. I could probably keep going.