Page 254 of 325 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    interesting and unique, to me at least is what matters. If it is good it will sell. Like Guardians of the Galaxy did.
    I think if story is the major focus for success there are quite a few X-Men that could carry a solo film. Ambaryerno’s list is all solid characters with great stories in the comics medium. Personally I think Cyclops and Sinster would be an amazing opportunity for a film.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Do any of you think any single member of the X-men outside Wolverine could carry a solo film?
    I wouldn't want to see a solo X-Men movie because there are so many unused characters that it would feel like a wasted opportunity. Plus, many strongly rely on each other as characters. A Cyclops solo movie without any other X-Men would be empty. You'd have to put Jean, Emma, or someone else. Wolverine was able to do it because he's lived before any other X-Men existed, so there was a lot of solo material. And even then they brought in Xavier, Gambit, etc.

Even Deadpool is a small X-team, with a Cyclops and Wolverine proxy providing contrasts to Wade.

Well, considering we're getting shows like WandaVision and Falcon/Winter Soldier, I feel like we could get some kind of duo shows like that for the X-Men. Rogue and Gambit, Scott and Jean, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The difference is that Carol, like most Avengers, isn't so inheretely tied to a team like how Kitty and other X-Men are. By the time her movie was announced she already had 90+ solo issues.
    Most of the audience hadn't read those comics and their main interest was how Carol would impact the Avengers. What the MCU has managed to accomplish to get an audience to want to see the side movies to see how those will affect the main Avengers movies. If the Captain Marvel movie was an alternate reality where it had no impact on Endgame, the box office results would have been considerably lower.

An origin story for an X-Man character could have the same type of hype if it ends with at least some of the other characters appearing and some indication of how the X-Men will tie into the MCU. If it's just an origin with no impact on the MCU or something completely unrelated (for example, the New Mutants movie) then there won't be that type of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Most of the audience hadn't read those comics and their main interest was how Carol would impact the Avengers. What the MCU has managed to accomplish to get an audience to want to see the side movies to see how those will affect the main Avengers movies. If the Captain Marvel movie was an alternate reality where it had no impact on Endgame, the box office results would have been considerably lower.

An origin story for an X-Man character could have the same type of hype if it ends with at least some of the other characters appearing and some indication of how the X-Men will tie into the MCU. If it's just an origin with no impact on the MCU or something completely unrelated (for example, the New Mutants movie) then there won't be that type of interest.
    I'm not talking about popularity and numbers. I'm talking about whether or not a character "works" alone or if being part of a team is essential to them.

Kitty has always been an X-Men. She doesn't quite have a "mythos" of her own. Her origin story is... Joining the X-Men right after the power she was born with manifests. Even the stories she's the protagonist of are still, like, X-Men stories. Like how Dark Phoenix isn't a Jean solo. I guess a talented enough director and writer could make it work, but... Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm not talking about popularity and numbers. I'm talking about whether or not a character "works" alone or if being part of a team is essential to them.

Kitty has always been an X-Men. She doesn't quite have a "mythos" of her own. Her origin story is... Joining the X-Men right after the power she was born with manifests. Even the stories she's the protagonist of are still, like, X-Men stories. Like how Dark Phoenix isn't a Jean solo. I guess a talented enough director and writer could make it work, but... Why?
    That's the problem with spinning off most of the X-Men. Even the ones with stories of what they were up to before Xavier found them, they usually aren't "origin stories", just tragic pasts.

IMO outside of Wolverine Logan or X-23 and maybe Storm no one will get their own film.

Disney+ show who knows Gambit with the thieves guild, Scott and Sinister, Nightcrawler in the Circus, Logan's Weapon-X Years, Xavier's Youth before the X-Men, Rogue with the Brotherhood, and many others could work great.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Ant man succeeds by borrowing from heist films. Aquaman from fantasy adventures.

Who among the X-Men have that crap to pull from? Wolverine succeeds as a western, Deadpool as irreverent action comedy.

Magik, fantasy adventure. Gambit, heists. Bishop, buddy cops?

Just throwing it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Strictly solo? Probably none of them. Small (2-3) ensembles? Any of them. Captain Marvel and Ant-Man are not as much solo movies as small ensembles.

I could definitely see a Gambit-Rogue-Storm movie. Kitty-Wolverine-Colossus. Nightcrawler-Wolverine. Psylocke-Archangel-Iceman. There are endless possibilities depending on the story you want to tell. Cyclops-Havok-Starjammers. I could probably keep going.
    I liked most of these ideas. Maybe they can't work solo but very small teams is not bad either.

Sadly I think FOX damaged Jean to much to try something like that with her. But Betsy-Warren-Iceman or Gambit-Storm-Rogue sound really cool

Pixie: the Movie

loved the Chris Claremont shade to Fox X-men, after they banned comics on set

He can finally speak his mind

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    loved the Chris Claremont shade to Fox X-men, after they banned comics on set

He can finally speak his mind
    I loved the shade Chris Claremont threw at Fox*

I know more people are using the expression now, but this seems too unnatural I couldn't.

You could even say, "I loved CC's shady comment." or "Chris Claremont's shady self gives me life."

I also liked his shade.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 10-06-2019 at 04:51 AM.

Where is this shade? I knew he was holding back out of professional courtesy all these years.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Where is this shade? I knew he was holding back out of professional courtesy all these years.
    He has never really held back. He has already said he had problems with X3, The Wolverine, and Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    He said that gelled down Mystique wig was a mess, and that they should've given Jessica Chastain eyebrows.

In all seriousness, he basically said they should've consulted him.