Page 259 of 325 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Do you guys/girls believe Jean has a chance to be on the MCU or Dark Phoenix screwed her opportunity to be there?
    Scott, Jean, Ororo, Xavier, Logan, Rogue...Guaranteed to be in the MCU X-Men lineup. They're the biggest names.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Do you guys/girls believe Jean has a chance to be on the MCU or Dark Phoenix screwed her opportunity to be there?
    few people watched dark phoenix. And women seems what feige gonna focus

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Scott, Jean, Ororo, Xavier, Logan, Rogue...Guaranteed to be in the MCU X-Men lineup. They're the biggest names.
    They are indeed but Disney has done some drastic changes like in spidey's case.
    I fear that just because Jean got the phoenix and the spotlight on Dark Phoenix with mixed results, Disney would want to keep a distance. And there is an entire era of X-men without Jean, they could even use Emma on her place.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I think Jean will be in the MCU as soon as there is an on-screen X-Men team, but the Phoenix story won't appear for a very, very long time--if at all.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They are indeed but Disney has done some drastic changes like in spidey's case.
    I fear that just because Jean got the phoenix and the spotlight on Dark Phoenix with mixed results, Disney would want to keep a distance. And there is an entire era of X-men without Jean, they could even use Emma on her place.
    I dunno. Barely anybody saw that movie or knew it was even coming out when it was in theaters.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-22-2019 at 10:44 AM.

At this point, it's way to early to think about how the MCU is going to tackle mutants/X-Men. Of course she has a chance though

They're never doing Phoenix though

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I dunno. Barely anybody saw that movie or knew it was even coming out when it was in theaters.
    What a coincidence.

BANNED

All Im asking for is Chamber played by Zayn Malik. Or Orphan from XStatix I dont care I actually hate the MCU but Im begging.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I rewatched the first trailer of that movie, which came out a year ago. I noticed that it was promising a serious psychological character-driven story with a less emphasis on spectacle, which is pretty much what the cast/crew said it was in interviews and what the movie ended up being. Then they moved it to June and the other trailers tried to make it look like a summer blockbuster spectacle.
    Sorry, but I think I'm missing the point you're making here?

I don't want to see a MCU Dark Phoenix, but that's more to do with wanting the MCU to focus on characters and other stuff the Fox movies never touched over things that were overdone (a story retold twice qualifies for me).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sorry, but I think I'm missing the point you're making here?
    You were saying the movie was unpopular. I'm just saying the move to June played a major feature in that. I've read/seen a lot of reviews and many people judged it on the merits of a summer spectacle. If it wasn't moved they wouldn't tried to make it look like a summer spectacle. It's a shame.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-22-2019 at 05:31 PM.

If the MCU actually follows the comics and does the whole Shi'Ar space opera part first(the original Phoenix saga), showing powered up Jean as a supreme hero(she reconstructs the entire universe inside the M'Krann crystal as it was being destroyed by the Neutron Galaxy or whatever it was, using the X-Men's spiritual essences in a tree of life composition to stabilize everything), then does the many adventures with the team as Phoenix, before slowly being corrupted by Mastermind and the Hellfire Club, and then the whole eats a star/is tried by the Shi'Ar, resulting in the epic Blue Area of the Moon battle against the Imperial Guard and Jean destroying herself to save the universe from her dark side over the course of several films/seasons of Disney+ shows, no one would ever even realize the Fox movies were based on the same stories.

All that said, I'd be perfectly happy skipping Jean and the Phoenix entirely and just doing something like the Brood Saga instead as the X-Men's big space opera. Or Arkon's planet. Or the Badoon with the FF. I mean, I really do love the original Claremont years that cover the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix sagas, and I would love to see them adapted properly, but in some ways the stories are a bit outdated and perhaps overhyped(which is very difficult to type as I love all that Cockrum and Byrne art....), and Jean as a character really never advanced much beyond that run(in my opinion, Claremont's old school Jean was her zenith). We do have two versions of Fox films which use the whole 'kill me I'm too dangerous' angle, which was the most striking part of the original story(especially at that time). Now it's old hat. Maybe the story is spent.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If the MCU actually follows the comics and does the whole Shi'Ar space opera part first(the original Phoenix saga), showing powered up Jean as a supreme hero(she reconstructs the entire universe inside the M'Krann crystal as it was being destroyed by the Neutron Galaxy or whatever it was, using the X-Men's spiritual essences in a tree of life composition to stabilize everything), then does the many adventures with the team as Phoenix, before slowly being corrupted by Mastermind and the Hellfire Club, and then the whole eats a star/is tried by the Shi'Ar, resulting in the epic Blue Area of the Moon battle against the Imperial Guard and Jean destroying herself to save the universe from her dark side over the course of several films/seasons of Disney+ shows, no one would ever even realize the Fox movies were based on the same stories.

All that said, I'd be perfectly happy skipping Jean and the Phoenix entirely and just doing something like the Brood Saga instead as the X-Men's big space opera. Or Arkon's planet. Or the Badoon with the FF. I mean, I really do love the original Claremont years that cover the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix sagas, and I would love to see them adapted properly, but in some ways the stories are a bit outdated and perhaps overhyped(which is very difficult to type as I love all that Cockrum and Byrne art....), and Jean as a character really never advanced much beyond that run(in my opinion, Claremont's old school Jean was her zenith). We do have two versions of Fox films which use the whole 'kill me I'm too dangerous' angle, which was the most striking part of the original story(especially at that time). Now it's old hat. Maybe the story is spent.

Considering how big cosmic things play in the MCU (Infinity gems, Captain Marvel, the Asgardians, Celestials, now the Eternals, the Scarlet Witch, Dormammu) we will assuredly see Phoenix/Jean in MCU.

Disney knows how to make money on the grand and the fantastic.

BANNED

She 100 percent will be, and Dark Phoenix didn't effect a thing. That screenwriter/director is gone, and Disney will recast all the XMen save those involved in Deadpool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She 100 percent will be, and Dark Phoenix didn't effect a thing. That screenwriter/director is gone, and Disney will recast all the XMen save those involved in Deadpool.
    People will forgive and forget if what they get is fun and entertaining. See: Spiderman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    People will forgive and forget if what they get is fun and entertaining. See: Spiderman.
    Very good point. Andrew Garfield's Spider Man is completely forgotten already.