Page 260 of 325 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Do you guys/girls believe Jean has a chance to be on the MCU or Dark Phoenix screwed her opportunity to be there?
    I’d be more surprised if she didn’t show up.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I fully expect the MCU X-Men to have a predictable and bland line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I fully expect the MCU X-Men to have a predictable and bland line-up.
    That's all I'm hoping for...

Honestly none of the X-Men were done right by FOX. Except I guess Wolverine? And Xavier/Magneto if you're counting them as X-Men. I don't want the MCU to come up with some "Let's use random B/C-list mutants that didn't show up much before just to be different!" bullshit when the core ones haven't even been done justice yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Honestly none of the X-Men were done right by FOX. Except I guess Wolverine? And Xavier/Magneto if you're counting them as X-Men. I don't want the MCU to come up with some "Let's use random B/C-list mutants that didn't show up much before just to be different!" bullshit when the core ones haven't even been done justice yet.
    IA with this. I hoep for the first film, the core is at least Scott, Jean and Storm. As long as those three are the foundation for this, much like Cap, Iron Man and Thor were the anchors for the MCU's Avengers, then I think we will be in good shape. They can add any number of other characters to round out the roster, but I think it needs these three. Wolverine is a given, but I hope they go against the obvious and debut him in his own solo before joining the tea in a sequel

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

There is also Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA with this. I hoep for the first film, the core is at least Scott, Jean and Storm. As long as those three are the foundation for this, much like Cap, Iron Man and Thor were the anchors for the MCU's Avengers, then I think we will be in good shape. They can add any number of other characters to round out the roster, but I think it needs these three. Wolverine is a given, but I hope they go against the obvious and debut him in his own solo before joining the tea in a sequel
    I'm not against Scott, Jean and Storm. But I really don't want them to just do the XMTAS roster like some people advocate for. There's so many X-Men that to just focus on the same characters they were using 30 years ago seems like a waste to me.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I agree, Disney has to bring the big guns. It is important to give the world the best impression of the franchice.

I'm pretty confident we'll get Cyclops and Storm in a major capacity. Storm is Marvel's premiere black female superhero and Markus and McFeely have already expressed an interest in Scott. We'll probably see Wolverine at some point in some capacity but I still think he's more likely to appear outside the X-verse in an attempt to distinguish him from Jackman's character. I know the Russos love him so maybe he'll appear if they ever make a Marvel movie again lol. Who knows though

The two big characters I'm unsure about are X and Magneto. You can work without Xavier in a big role but Magneto is tougher (I'm of the belief that he's the most important mutant character). I would probably tease Erik but actually have him appear later

BANNED

Blech.
    Should just skip Magneto, he was already overused in the Fox films, and the X-Men have other villains they could deal with instead rehashing him for the #100 time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    You were saying the movie was unpopular. I'm just saying the move to June played a major feature in that. I've read/seen a lot of reviews and many people judged it on the merits of a summer spectacle. If it wasn't moved they wouldn't tried to make it look like a summer spectacle. It's a shame.
    Maybe. I think there is some truth to the idea that it being moved to placate James Cameron hurt it. On the other hand, I think the movie does have inherent flaws, so I'm not sure if the critical reception would've been much different.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

My (probably?) unpopular opinion is that they should definitely skip over Nightcrawler, Beast and Colossus.

My (probably?) unpopular opinion is that they should definitely skip over Nightcrawler, Beast and Colossus.
    On paper, I'd agree with you, but all three of those guys are GREAT foils to showcase the strengths and weaknesses of the big three protagonists: Cyclops, Storm, and Wolverine. Plus they each have very distinct looks that translate well to animation and merchandising. Again, not saying you're wrong, but I can easily see the argument for them.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

From the cut list above, at least keep Beast.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Maybe Jean Grey and Angel as well.

Wolverine,Cyclops and Storm are mortal locks, I like Beast as support/side character/science exposition machine in the mansion. The O5 should get a call back in scene Cyclops could pick up a picture with all of them in it. Talk about the good old days and establish that they was the original group of X-men. I mean that is all I have ever wanted from Fox for them to acknowledge the story and continuity. The best base I think would be

Storm, Cyclops, Iceman(current version not in the closet), Psylocke (Asian Betsy from birth)

That is a fairly diverse group and pretty popular characters. Beast would be around to be science/doctor guy in mansion and maybe bring him out occasionally on missions. If you would be going big with support non combat characters then Beast(Science),Celia(Medical) and Forge(Tech) would be the ideal. The next group of who to pick would be the hardest because I think you should probably make them slight younger than first group(except Iceman) so probably

Colossus, Rogue, Kitty, Nightcrawler (maybe Jubilee, Karma, Sunspot, Moonstar, Cannonball,Warpath)

You don't have use those guys. I think just about everyone in X-men history would be viable options to put into here .The next group be the incoming group which are characters who would show up and not necessarily stay around but have the possibility of popping up in future movie

Wolverine, Gambit, Angel, Bishop, Emma, Jean Grey

The second group is where I think you can make the most variation from the standard X-men group.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-23-2019 at 10:20 PM.