Page 27 of 325 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    There's definitely room for improvement in the X-Men movies as is, but 10 years of Marvel Studios has shown they aren't the ones to do it. In 10 years, there's been virtually zero depth or substance to any of their movies, it's all been glossed over with fancy costumes and fight displays.

And quite frankly, the original X-Men, X2, First Class, Days Of Future Past, Wolverine, and Logan, are better than the entirety of MCU's catalog combined.

And on a personal note, I'll even take X-Men: Apocalypse over anything MCU has produced.
    Can I ask you something? Have you watched all of the MCU movies? How would you know if they have no depth or substance if you're not a fan? I'm assuming you've watched them if you can comment on something like that.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If the Russo brothers are still open to doing superhero movies post A4, I think they would make some great X-Men movies.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    If the Russo brothers are still open to doing superhero movies post A4, I think they would make some great X-Men movies.
    I vote for Michael Dougherty. He was co-writer of X2 and the movies he has directed so far are good. He’s also directing Godzilla: King of The Monsters which looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Yeah, I don't know how many more MCU films they are up for, but given their work on Winter Soldier, Civil War, and in some ways Infinity War(my least favorite of theirs), I would like to see what they'd do with the X-Men, especially from the ground floor [of their MCU introduction]. At the very least they are able to handle large casts with everyone having a memorable scene, and have delivered some nice action scenes with some political themes floating throughout. Seems like they'd be perfect for the X-Men. (Just no more justifications for universal genocide, please!)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

There's definitely room for improvement in the X-Men movies as is, but 10 years of Marvel Studios has shown they aren't the ones to do it. In 10 years, there's been virtually zero depth or substance to any of their movies, it's all been glossed over with fancy costumes and fight displays.

And quite frankly, the original X-Men, X2, First Class, Days Of Future Past, Wolverine, and Logan, are better than the entirety of MCU's catalog combined.

And on a personal note, I'll even take X-Men: Apocalypse over anything MCU has produced.
    You cannot be serious.

I’m hopeful and excited that they will get good talent to write and direct. No more Singer!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Can I ask you something? Have you watched all of the MCU movies? How would you know if they have no depth or substance if you're not a fan? I'm assuming you've watched them if you can comment on something like that.
    Yes, I have seen most all of the MCU movies.

And not a one of them twice (sans Black Panther), because none of them leave me with anything memorable to want to come back to. Most of them, I've forgotten by the time I reach the parking lot.

Can we drop the "X-Men movies vs. MCU movies" thing? All it does is get people mad and threads locked up.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amazing Member

Honest question do you see Kinberg Donner or any FOX people sticking around post merger???

BANNED

Yes, I have seen most all of the MCU movies.

And not a one of them twice (sans Black Panther), because none of them leave me with anything memorable to want to come back to. Most of them, I've forgotten by the time I reach the parking lot.
    Easy there buddy, now let's hope marvel makes X men into something watchable
    Last edited by wano; 07-22-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Honest question do you see Kinberg Donner or any FOX people sticking around post merger???
    I seriously hope not. They’ve shown they don’t understand the material. Time for better and brighter!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    I seriously hope not. They’ve shown they don’t understand the material. Time for better and brighter!
    You do know that Kevin Fiege use to work on the original X-trilogy and hired Zak Penn who worked on the first two X-Men sequels to work on a couple of MCU films, right?

Not to mention Donner confirmed that she would still be working on the X-Men films.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-22-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    You do realize that Kevin Fiege use to work on the original X-trilogy and hired Zak Penn who worked on the first two X-Men sequels to work on a couple of MCU films, right?

Not to mention Donner confirmed that should would still be working on the X-Men films.
    Yes but a lot has changed since then. Some grew and became better at their work. Others kept with doubling down on awful directions and character portrayal.

I honestly feel the main X films have only gotten worse and worse. I’m excited for a change and hopeful that those of us that have been unsatisfied will finally have a reason to look forward to a proper X-film. I can’t see that if they continue with the exact same people that have driven it in the state it currently is in.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Can we drop the "X-Men movies vs. MCU movies" thing? All it does is get people mad and threads locked up.
    Thing is, it is directly applicable now.

For years, I've had to deal with people on here, or other forums or other communities telling me how wrong I was because I liked the Fox produced X-Men movies, how I wasn't a real fan, and how Marvel needed to get X-Men so it could be done right.

Now, those people are getting their wish, and now I have to see my favorite comic and film property turned into the complete opposite of everything I love it for in the first place.

So yea, Fox v. MCU is completely applicable in this situation, because it is literally, 100% what is happening with this merger.

I've been watching MCU movies for 10 years, and the past 10 years have shown me that I have literally nothing to look forward to for X-Men movies going forward. I'm already dreading seeing the first reveals and what Disney is going to do with it. I know it's going to stomp on everything that makes me an X-Men fan in the first place. The Fox films might not have been perfect, but overall, Singer, and the other powers that be (even Kinberg to some extent) understood what made X-Men special, and not just another superhero property, and hit all the right notes that made me a fan of the comics in the first place. I see all of that being lost with Marvel, and I have 10 years of evidence to tell me so.

It's going to reboot, which makes the last 18 years worthless, as they no longer apply to anything happening going forward.

It's going to crossover X-Men with the rest of the Marvel universe, which cheapens the characters because they are turned into gimmicks now, and they lose any uniqueness they have when now mutants being super powered beings isn't a special thing anymore because everyone is a super hero.

And I have 10 years of movies to show me that character depth and substance is going to be sacrificed in favor of flashy costumes and power displays. "Pew pew" over substance.

There is not one positive about this merger for me. So yea, far as I'm concerned, Fox v. MCU completely applies, and with this merger becoming official, the X-Men movies are 100% dead to me now. The proper, true adaption of X-Men to the big screen will be from X-Men 2000 through X-Men: Dark Phoenix. Anything after that is just glorified fan fiction that doesn't count. Just like Terminator movies post T2.
    Last edited by Franchise408; 07-22-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It is going to reboot. Their most popular actor has left and the others are getting pretty old. The new kids they brought it outside of Fassbender and Mcavoy didn't really set the world on fire so losing all of them is not a great loss if they can start over from scratch. New Mutants is a dead fish at this point.

Deadpool is the only question. Will they just call it good or will Disney/Fox do one more so they can have a full trilogy.