Page 270 of 325 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    So Sword and Madripoor. They are starting with tangential elements of the X-verse before the introduction of the mutants . And it made sense , if Zemo wants revenge against the Avengers the mundial capital of crime is a good place to start
    Rumor is that WandaVision will introduce Doomstadt, so it looks like they’re slowly integrating the previously Fox-owned stuff into the worldbuilding before going all in with it in Phase 5. Considering that Fox didn’t do anything with this, I’d say they’re already off to a good start.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes! Please use this to set up an X-Force movie, preferably with the Uncanny X-Force crew plus Cable (instead of Deathlok) and Domino (instead of Fantomex). And do some funny tongue-in-cheek stuff regarding being now in a different universe with all the other Marvel characters.
    And include Psylocke (Kwannon) in it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Rumor is that WandaVision will introduce Doomstadt, so it looks like they’re slowly integrating the previously Fox-owned stuff into the worldbuilding before going all in with it in Phase 5. Considering that Fox didn’t do anything with this, I’d say they’re already off to a good start.
    The more I'm hearing, the more I'm concerned that WandaVision doesn't tell it's own story and just exists to set up other stuff. It seems a very empty show given so much random stuff that has nothing to do with Wanda and Vision is being shoehorned in.
    Shoving Monica Rambeau and Doctor Doom into WandaVision feels like they don't have any faith in the title characters or the story, so are shoving in characters from Thor, Antman, Captain Marvel, etc as insurance.
    Last edited by Relugus; 12-29-2019 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Added a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The more I'm hearing, the more I'm concerned that WandaVision doesn't tell it's own story and just exists to set up other stuff. It seems a very empty show given so much random stuff that has nothing to do with Wanda and Vision is being shoehorned in.
    Shoving Monica Rambeau and Doctor Doom into WandaVision feels like they don't have any faith in the title characters or the story, so are shoving in characters from Thor, Antman, Captain Marvel, etc as insurance.
    Showing SWORD makes complete sense given that the plot is about something strange happening in a residential neighborhood and someone needs to investigate.

And about doomstadt, This is supposed to be MCU version of House of M. It would make sense mention that Wanda contacted with the mysterious ruler of Latveria to increase her powers and make that possible.

All the movies of the MCU shows characters from different franchises I don’t see the problem

Pretty sure the Doom thing is fake.

Yeah, I came to realize that after I posted it that the source was some troll that got widely believed for some reason. Oh well. There's already a lot to take in for WandaVision such as: Wanda going mad, Agatha Harkness, S.W.O.R.D., Wiccan and Speed, it tying into Doctor Strange 2 etc.

Adding in Doomstadt would be adding more to an already busy six-parter.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Showing SWORD makes complete sense given that the plot is about something strange happening in a residential neighborhood and someone needs to investigate.

And about doomstadt, This is supposed to be MCU version of House of M. It would make sense mention that Wanda contacted with the mysterious ruler of Latveria to increase her powers and make that possible.

All the movies of the MCU shows characters from different franchises I don’t see the problem
    I think it's a pocket dimension, not a neighbourhood. Why make Doom the main villain of a TV show when he's supposed to be an important character in the Marvel universe.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

What characters do you want and what characters you don't want on the MCU?
    I'm talking about the movies, not any posible series

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Want: Rogue, Gambit, Storm, Nightcrawler, Laura, Psylocke, Bishop, just to name a few

Don't Want (at least not right away or not as much focus): Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier
    Make Good Art

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    It only sounds that way if you choose to believe every rumor you hear, seriously every new film or tv that gets confirmed there's always a thousand rumours that a ton of heroes and villains are debuting it, just for it turn out false this unsurprisingly will be no different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm talking about the movies, not any posible series
    Want: Storm, M, Magik, Warpath, Trinary, Polaris, Forge, Selene, Xorn

Don’t want: Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know how it would work with the MCU timeline pretty established, but I would love if the starting status quo began with both Xavier and Magneto dead and serving as symbols and examples for their respective camps. Both characters could use some time out from the visual media spotlight, and I'd really like to see the struggle of both camps trying to uphold the dreams and idealogies of someone who is no longer alive to see it through.

I'm excited to see 'NO MORE MUTIES' and anti-mutant propaganda in the background in the D+ series and the larger MCU before we see any mutants, then introducing individuals rather than the X-men as a team. Rogue could be with Destiny (with Mystique out of the picture until the Fox effect wears off. Maybe she's there all the time in disguise) as a pro-mutant terrorist, Gambit could be stealing shizz, Forge could be doing whatever he was doing when he first met Storm back in the 80s, Moria McTaggart a TV talking head as a geneticist and expert on mutants.

Fuck it, just stick Essex Corp logos on shit, newspaper op-eds by Dr M McTaggart on Fury's desk, name drop Agent Cassidy, Brian Braddock or mention unionised thieves in New Orleans and I'd pass out in the theatre/in front of VLC.

I don't know how it would work with the MCU timeline pretty established, but I would love if the starting status quo began with both Xavier and Magneto dead and serving as symbols and examples for their respective camps. Both characters could use some time out from the visual media spotlight, and I'd really like to see the struggle of both camps trying to uphold the dreams and ideologies of someone who is no longer alive to see it through.
    They don't need to be dead, just in the background. Mutants can be established without the X-men or Magneto at the forefront for the time being. That doesn't mean they can't be retconned into behind the scenes players, a la Mysterio.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 12-31-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I'm excited to see 'NO MORE MUTIES' and anti-mutant propaganda in the background in the D+ series and the larger MCU before we see any mutants, then introducing individuals rather than the X-men as a team. Rogue could be with Destiny (with Mystique out of the picture until the Fox effect wears off. Maybe she's there all the time in disguise) as a pro-mutant terrorist, Gambit could be stealing shizz, Forge could be doing whatever he was doing when he first met Storm back in the 80s, Moria McTaggart a TV talking head as a geneticist and expert on mutants.

Fuck it, just stick Essex Corp logos on shit, newspaper op-eds by Dr M McTaggart on Fury's desk, name drop Agent Cassidy, Brian Braddock or mention unionised thieves in New Orleans and I'd pass out in the theatre/in front of VLC.

They don't need to be dead, just in the background. Mutants can be established without the X-men or Magneto at the forefront for the time being. That doesn't mean they can't be retconned into behind the scenes players, a la Mysterio.
    They could also name drop the FBI agent from the early X-Men run. Someone mentioning a case forwarded to them from a Fred Duncan would go over the head of most people but could be a neat Easter egg.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ehh would make little sense to have anti mutant hate before we even see one. I mean people just didn't hate people of a different color in the history of the world and the Nazi's didn't start killing Jewish until after they were established. Again, the setup to the hate will be key and they have to do it carefully not just instant crowds of torches and pitchforks.
    Last edited by Maestro 216; 12-31-2019 at 06:13 PM.