Page 271 of 325 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4870
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I said early in this thread there needs to be a big public event that puts the fear of mutants into people for the whole "hate and fear" angle to make sense. I am talking a mutant causing the same amount of damage as what went down in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Something like Proteus or Exodus destroying a city all by themselves and screaming something about mutant domination. Mutants being revealed to the public for the first time in a very horrible way.

Incredible Member

Say it again!

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Rumor has it that Psylocke will be introduced in Shang-Chi.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...DUXQj_YT0Kn1cE

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Rumor has it that Psylocke will be introduced in Shang-Chi.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...DUXQj_YT0Kn1cE
    It would be hilarious if the comics division went through all the trouble to transform Betsy into Captain Britain and resurrect Kwannon and give her the Psylocke moniker... only for the movies to feature an Asian Betsy Braddock. Wouldn't be the first time though... Kree Captain Marvel says hello.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I really don't think Disney would use Psylocke after Apocalypse. She did very little there but her iconic looks were already used. Outside of Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm I don't think they would want to repeat characters that FOX already used.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I said early in this thread there needs to be a big public event that puts the fear of mutants into people for the whole "hate and fear" angle to make sense. I am talking a mutant causing the same amount of damage as what went down in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Something like Proteus or Exodus destroying a city all by themselves and screaming something about mutant domination. Mutants being revealed to the public for the first time in a very horrible way.
    That would work, but I any sort of hysteria that people are afraid there are mutants out there who might harm them and they need protected from. It's one thing for huge green monster to destroy a city, it's another for mutants to be able to walk around unnoticed and steal your wallet, your pin number and identity with telepathy, telekinesis or shapeshifting powers.

The idea that you can't tell who's a mutant and what powers they have and they could be using those powers for criminal activities might be just as terrifying to the general public as the Avengers smashing up a city. At least you can tell there's some sort of alien attack or whatever threat they're dealing with.

Having the first introduction to mutants being the Brotherhood or similar group who are a threat and using the powers for evil or at least a life of crime provides a reasons for people to distrust mutants or want to demand the government identify mutants and protect humanity from them.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I just hope that when they're introduced their costumes don't look like superhero MCU color blocking costumes like the eras predecessors, but instead look like stylized expressions of their personalities. Mutants should have an air of like club kid wear that's kind of underground bizzare and alien but like super futuristic ally stylish and personalized. Unless they're all wearing the X men jumper which I hope to god they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    It would be hilarious if the comics division went through all the trouble to transform Betsy into Captain Britain and resurrect Kwannon and give her the Psylocke moniker... only for the movies to feature an Asian Betsy Braddock. Wouldn't be the first time though... Kree Captain Marvel says hello.
    They made the change conscious that Betsy in Kwannon's body would be controversial....so my guess is they use Psylocke (Kwannon) as the sexy ninja and Betsy (Captain Britain?) as the posh telepath.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Doubt Psylocke will be in Shang Chi of all things.

That really would be hilarious. That said, if a Psylocke is appearing in Shang-Chi, it’s more likely to be Kwannon.

Astonishing Member

WGTC isn’t known for its reliability.

The real hilarity would be to separate Kwannon from Betsy; and then introduce the Betsy as Asian alongside Kwannon

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I really don't think Disney would use Psylocke after Apocalypse. She did very little there but her iconic looks were already used. Outside of Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm I don't think they would want to repeat characters that FOX already used.
    You’re kidding?

Fox used a lot of characters, just very badly. I don’t think they’re going to “avoid” anyone just expose Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto and Mystique a little less.

It’s terribly unlikely that Shang-Chi will waste the 5-10 minutes of screen time to explain why the lady ninja he might not even fight is actually a mutant X-Man who’s also sometimes bad.

I doubt that it is true but I would love it to happen. I hope Psylocke, Gambit and Rogue will be in MCU from the start of X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Here’s a question: how would everyone feel if Mutants end up being brought into the MCU by way of Wanda’s shenanigans (which are likely to persist into Multiverse of Madness)?