Page 272 of 325 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 4870
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Here’s a question: how would everyone feel if Mutants end up being brought into the MCU by way of Wanda’s shenanigans (which are likely to persist into Multiverse of Madness)?
    I don't want that sloppy bitch anywhere near mutant origin narrative autonomy!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    That really would be hilarious. That said, if a Psylocke is appearing in Shang-Chi, it’s more likely to be Kwannon.
    hmmm. why is it more likely? Shang is aligned with british intelligence. original Betsy was too. and her brother is also probably going to get a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Here’s a question: how would everyone feel if Mutants end up being brought into the MCU by way of Wanda’s shenanigans (which are likely to persist into Multiverse of Madness)?
    No thanks, and I think this was deconfirmed by them saying that, apart from Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, they’re going to start fresh with all the X-Men character which means new origins, new stories, new portrayals, and of course, new actors. I highly doubt they would just transplant mutants from the FoX-Men if that’s what you’re getting at, or that they would make them come from another dimension in general.

Most likely they’ll tie mutants showing up as being related to the Snaps, which could be like the Atom of the setting. We already have S.W.O.R.D. and Madripoor coming to the MCU, so they’re definitely integrating them in the universe itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I don't want that sloppy bitch anywhere near mutant origin narrative autonomy!
    I am reallllly hoping they go with the actual comic origins and at least sow the seeds for mutants in the Eternals movie as part of the Celestial's tinkering with early humanity.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    No thanks, and I think this was deconfirmed by them saying that, apart from Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, they’re going to start fresh with all the X-Men character which means new origins, new stories, new portrayals, and of course, new actors. I highly doubt they would just transplant mutants from the FoX-Men if that’s what you’re getting at, or that they would make them come from another dimension in general.
    I know Reynolds is sure but i believed the rest of the deadpool crew was also a sure deal. I could be wrong though.

Everybody else is definitely being replaced.

Astonishing Member

Most likely they’ll tie mutants showing up as being related to the Snaps, which could be like the Atom of the setting. We already have S.W.O.R.D. and Madripoor coming to the MCU, so they’re definitely integrating them in the universe itself.
    I don’t mean transplanting the characters of the X-Men films, I mean messing with reality to cause mutants you be a thing

Also, the interdimensional being angle would essentially ruin the idea of a fresh start. I feel like these characters should be part of a world affected by the MCU, and dumping them from another world would make them more akin of alien refugees than an actual discriminated minority.

That, and part of the whole deal with being a mutant is that it could be anyone. They grew up in our society, not a different one (same reason I’m opposed to the idea of starting with the Krakoa arc). If the mutants grow up in a world where the Avengers existed, they could write their backstories based on that, and all the other MCU elements, rather than just “they came from another world” which would be too weird.

Another thing about the mutants is that the discrimination they get in a world where superheroes exist is intentional, as it highlights both the hypocrisy and the illogical nature of bigotry, and that can only happen if they start showing up in the same world, as opposed to them being transplanted from another.

On that note, they should go into detail about why the mutants are hit with racism but not non-mutant superpowered beings (mutates). It was suggested before that criminals causing mass destruction in the name of mutantkind would definitely get people to hate mutants. Another thought I had is that mutants, as mentioned above, could be anyone. Anyone can be a mutant, and can strike when you least expect, creating paranoia and fear that certain individuals with enough influence can drive. Also, if they go with the idea that the Snap activates dormant mutant genes, you could also add that kind of stigma of people gaining powers from something so evil, like they’re demons or something.

But anyways, it’s doubtful they would do that especially if they want a fresh start.

I was wondering what you guys would like to see out of MCU X-Men on Disney+?

Kevin Feige has made a big deal about how the platform will be integrated in the MCU, and will allow “second-tier” characters be headliners of their own big adventures, starting with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Loki, and Hawkeye, and will allow them to introduce new heroes and elements that will carry over to the movies. They’ve already announced Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk as the first characters introduced as Disney+ series, and it’s confirmed they will appear in movies later.

I’m pretty sure they’ll do a lot of that when the X-Men are introduced, because this side of the universe is so massive that there’s no way they can cover it all in just movies. They can really use this as a good way to build up this side of the universe. What X-Men characters would make for good Disney+ series?

The first idea that comes to mind:

Gambit

Rework the script and idea that Fox had for his movie, and turn it into a full-on “mutant mafia” series set in New Orleans and have Gambit dealing with the Thieves’ Guild and the Assassin’s Guild. I think this would be a good start to work with, having that kind of low-life, down and dirty angle, and Gambit could lead a series well with his puckish rogue charm. The end could have him joining the X-Men.

What other ideas do you guys have?

Kevin Feige has made a big deal about how the platform will be integrated in the MCU, and will allow “second-tier” characters be headliners of their own big adventures, starting with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Loki, and Hawkeye, and will allow them to introduce new heroes and elements that will carry over to the movies. They’ve already announced Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk as the first characters introduced as Disney+ series, and it’s confirmed they will appear in movies later.

I’m pretty sure they’ll do a lot of that when the X-Men are introduced, because this side of the universe is so massive that there’s no way they can cover it all in just movies. They can really use this as a good way to build up this side of the universe. What X-Men characters would make for good Disney+ series?

Gambit

Rework the script and idea that Fox had for his movie, and turn it into a full-on “mutant mafia” series set in New Orleans and have Gambit dealing with the Thieves’ Guild and the Assassin’s Guild. I think this would be a good start to work with, having that kind of low-life, down and dirty angle, and Gambit could lead a series well with his puckish rogue charm. The end could have him joining the X-Men.

WandaVision makes me hope for some version of "Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix". Though Rogue and Gambit seems more likely.

Besides that, a bunch of X-Men spinoff like X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants, Generation X could be done as Disney+ shows(not all of those happening ofc, just giving examples).

The sky is the limit when it comes to the MCU X-Men on Disney +. If it was me, I would cast most of the X-Men around Tom Holland's age or even younger, with relative or complete unknowns, and sign them to like a 10 year deal with both film and shows. That way you can do all the team building and character development over the course of 8 or 10 or however many episodes on Disney +, then carry over that exact cast and story onto the big screen for the 'season finale'/'x-over' event! A few rounds of that(a whole decade even?!) gets you so much mileage, and could develop the X-Men characters and universe(including all the spin off teams and multiple generations) deeply.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-03-2020 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I am reallllly hoping they go with the actual comic origins and at least sow the seeds for mutants in the Eternals movie as part of the Celestial's tinkering with early humanity.
    This isn't necessary the main origins of mutants in the comics or is that a recent retcon? I think they should stick to the Stan Lee and Claremont official origins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant...cs)#Background

Truthfully speaking and for the sake of xmen own unique complex story telling that needs to be very different from what we have seen in the MCU, it will be best they just treat xmen as a proper stand alone origins of hard science fiction without any ties to other MCU movies, especially not Enternals that I am guessing will be more like GOTG. I don't think it fits mutants to be introduced in that kind arena.

The Enternals stuff would look quite superficial and too fantastical compared to what was already done in other live adaptations like X-men first class or X-Men TAS that established mutants were just like humans, born of the human atom or the next stage of human evolution, that creates a more compelling believable conflict of why mutants and humans should hate eachother. Unless MCU has no plans in wanting to tell that aspect of x-men story. Which in a way is more star trek of Vulcans and Romulans than what we have seen in the MCU.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-04-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Well that’s not going to happen. You know there’s going to be big crossovers and will be different from Fox’s take.

Anyways, with S.W.O.R.D. coming to the MCU, do you think Abigail Brand will appear sometime soon? Perhaps making her debut in WandaVision like the organization itself. It’d be weird to have her, of all people, be the first X-Men character seen in the MCU, but whatever, it works for the plot anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    This isn't necessary the main origins of mutants in the comics or is that a recent retcon? I think they should stick to the Stan Lee and Claremont official origins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant...cs)#Background

Truthfully speaking and for the sake of xmen own unique complex story telling that needs to be very different from what we have seen in the MCU, it will be best they just treat xmen as a proper stand alone origins of hard science fiction without any ties to other MCU movies, especially not Enternals that I am guessing will be more like GOTG. I don't think it fits mutants to be introduced in that kind arena.

The Enternals stuff would look quite superficial and too fantastical compared to what was already done in other live adaptations like X-men first class or X-Men TAS that established mutants were just like humans, born of the human atom or the next stage of human evolution, that creates a more compelling believable conflict of why mutants and humans should hate eachother. Unless MCU has no plans in wanting to tell that aspect of x-men story. Which in a way is more star trek of Vulcans and Romulans than what we have seen in the MCU.
    That is the official and true origin of mutants in the Marvel universe at least since the 70's when the Eternals were created in the first place.

mutantscelestials.jpg

That is also the official and true origin of regular humans in the Marvel Universe too, so I don't see how it makes them any less compelling or interesting, especially since the X-Men do inhabit a universe filled with magic, aliens, and high science fiction tropes, and have since the original run.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-04-2020 at 01:43 AM.

Gambit

I would love Gambit movie or D+ series. It has a lot of potential. Yes. His young years in NOLA with thieves, assassins, Candra and Essex. More of his shady and dark personality for start. More redemption focus when he joins X-Men.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-04-2020 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    WandaVision makes me hope for some version of "Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix". Though Rogue and Gambit seems more likely.

Besides that, a bunch of X-Men spinoff like X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants, Generation X could be done as Disney+ shows(not all of those happening ofc, just giving examples).
    I would love PAD's X-Factor so much as D+ series. They have a lot of stories to make a few quality seasons only from PAD's series.