Page 274 of 325 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4870
    BANNED

God help me against this movie being set in the MCU and whitewashed Sunspot actually being a thing beyond this one instance. Recasts are always an option, but I'd rather let this be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well this is certainly a take when AoS exist.

AOS (Agent iof Shield) was an average program, not great, not bad. I think once people started releasing it was not tied to the movies, the show lost interest.

I don't see a AOS as a good indicator. its on the same level as Gifted. Legion and Watcman are much higher quality comic shows with very sophisticated story telling, one very difficult to understand and follow because the creator was a very intelligent nerd.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    AOS (Agent iof Shield) was an average program, not great, not bad. I think once people started releasing it was not tied to the movies, the show lost interest.

I don't see a AOS as a good indicator. its on the same level as Gifted. Legion and Watcman are much higher quality comic shows with very sophisticated story telling, one very difficult to understand and follow because the creator was a very intelligent nerd.
    But it wasn't average tv. It was probably one of the best Marvel shows out there. Those first 4 seasons were some of the best tv I've watched but something tells me if it doesn't tick that "high brow" box for you you'll write it off as average and unsophisticated like there isn't multiple ways to do a tv show well.

The Gifted was an average show with potential that never took off unfortunately. AoS was how you do an ensemble superhero show right and that's what I want out of an X-Men show. I don't need it to be Watchmen or be so far up its own ass that it trades in a good narrative for pretty cinematography like Legion.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-11-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wonder besides Wolverine, who else could potentially carry a solo movie?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Hmm, maybe Gambit?

BANNED

I would start with the characters that are already known to carry solos in the books:

Deadpool (which is already the first confirmed MCU X-movie, though it's unclear how it will fit)
    Cable
    Gambit
    Dazzler (superhero musical?)
    X-23

I think those are your safest bets, and ones you could build multiple films around. Most of the rest are too tied to being part of an ensemble and are going to be more of a gamble, though you might be able to squeeze one out of Magneto and a couple others.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-12-2020 at 09:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    But it wasn't average tv. It was probably one of the best Marvel shows out there. Those first 4 seasons were some of the best tv I've watched but something tells me if it doesn't tick that "high brow" box for you you'll write it off as average and unsophisticated like there isn't multiple ways to do a tv show well.

The Gifted was an average show with potential that never took off unfortunately. AoS was how you do an ensemble superhero show right and that's what I want out of an X-Men show. I don't need it to be Watchmen or be so far up its own ass that it trades in a good narrative for pretty cinematography like Legion.
    That poster never actually watched the Legion show, he mostly just uses it as a strawman to drumbeat his opinions.

Plus, fun fact! Noah Hawley is publicly wishing to be part of the MCU.

I haven't watched AoS but the two fox shows on X-men products were muddy. Legion had a brilliant first season and then cratered into well-shot nonsense. The Gifted reminded me of the awful shows UPN used to air when it was still a network.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I would start with the characters that are already known to carry solos in the books:

Deadpool (which is already the first confirmed MCU X-movie, though it's unclear how it will fit)
    Cable
    Gambit
    Dazzler (superhero musical?)
    X-23

I think those are your safest bets, and ones you could build multiple films around. Most of the rest are too tied to being part of an ensemble and are going to be more of a gamble, though you might be able to squeeze one out of Magneto and a couple others.
    I would be in for all of these. A Dazzler musical would be wild. Or a Lila Cheney space movie could be fun
    Make Good Art

I see that on Twitter. Everyone seems to think a Dazzler musical would be great. I have no idea what a Dazzler musical would be about. What's the story?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I see that on Twitter. Everyone seems to think a Dazzler musical would be great. I have no idea what a Dazzler musical would be about. What's the story?
    I don't know, I just need the climactic battle to be Daz singing "Holding Out For A Hero" with the other MCU ladies (maybe holograms created with her powers) doing backup vocals.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-12-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Honestly, the MCU has made Ant-Man, GoTG, Captain Marvel, and {forthcoming} The Eternals work. Just about any X-character could be molded into a sub-franchise, whether or not they have proven themselves in publishing.

Top picks:

Storm(Black Panther meets a Roland Emmerich movie, aka Aquaman, featuring Shadow King/Candra/Apocalypse)
    Gambit(heist movie with superpowers)
    Psylocke(Kwannon)(Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, with extra powers)
    Bishop(future concentration camps, or modern hood, social justice warrior)

Randoms that could also work in interesting and wonderful ways:

Banshee(international cop becomes thief, featuring Factor Three or Black Tom and Juggernaut)
    Xorn(think Mulan(or Seven Years in Tibet), but with superpowers)
    Gateway(The Gods Must be Crazy, but with psychedelic superpowers, featuring the Reavers)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

from the top of my head. Gambit, though its not the issue of solo movies,its how to execute the solo movies with Disney. I don't see a good Gambit solo in the MCU. his back story should be making you think of The Irishman with super powered characters.

I think Claremont would be happy with that as his creator. it was him who gave gambit a gangsta background, Don't think Feige will like the idea.

Magik, easily.

MCU could introduce her as a Black Widow program candidate with a mutant “escape” talent. She screws it up, ends up in a Doctor Strange side-dimension ruled by a Doctor Strange-like wizard. It’d be like Buffy in Oz and the red slippers are in her genes.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 01-12-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Dazzler: World Tour - a musical superhero film that shows Alison's struggles of balancing being a superhero, mutant, and celebrity. Maybe show her teaming up with other MCU heroes throughout the movie. It's drama. It's action. It's adventure. It's both whimsy and emotional.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That poster never actually watched the Legion show, he mostly just uses it as a strawman to drumbeat his opinions.

Plus, fun fact! Noah Hawley is publicly wishing to be part of the MCU.

I haven't watched AoS but the two fox shows on X-men products were muddy. Legion had a brilliant first season and then cratered into well-shot nonsense. The Gifted reminded me of the awful shows UPN used to air when it was still a network.
    Noah Hawley is not wishing he was part of the MCU, Hawley said he still wants to make his Dr doom movie and the fox buyout should not affect that. it is up to mcu to give him the keys to do that. Mangold also said he still wants to make his X23 movie and also, the fox buyout should not affect that.

nether guys are wishing to be part of anything. they just want to direct the marvel movies they planned to do at fox.

I watched Legion. season 1 and 2

I haven't watched AoS but the two fox shows on X-men products were muddy. Legion had a brilliant first season and then cratered into well-shot nonsense.
    Legion just got smarter as A show. even critics admitted not many people will keep up. it still the most innovate marvel show to date. but I think its fitting how some can see it as nonsense, if these are the same people that told me xmen universe is a comedy. Legion does qualify as nonsense if indeed the xmen universe is a comedy.

The Gifted reminded me of the awful shows UPN used to air when it was still a network.
    Gifted was slightly above most other cbm TV shows, if you remember the story of what happens to ABC inhumans and Gifted when , only one came out alive. Also why I am against ABC doing an xmen TV show tied to any movies. if you want to compare the awful show on upn, try ABC Inhumans and Iron fist.

AOS, Gifted, Agent Carter, Luke Cage were all on the same level. Legion and Daredeviel were the only masterclass.the negative spins carry on to marvel TV, they should have xmen TV shows excluded from that as it does not sell since there are no objective facts to them.Marvel TV track record for xmen has only two chances of succeeding. if they are Legion or Daredevil. so far, that is off Feige and ABC reach.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-13-2020 at 03:50 AM.