Page 275 of 325 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Magik, easily.

MCU could introduce her as a Black Widow program candidate with a mutant “escape” talent. She screws it up, ends up in a Doctor Strange side-dimension ruled by a Doctor Strange-like wizard. It’d be like Buffy in Oz and the red slippers are in her genes.
    I don't think Magik is going to be in the MCU. if she was, it won't be the Magik you know from the comics. Magik been a child is a problem for the MCU to get her right correclty.

Anyone who has read some comics, knows Dr strange and magik will make a good duo, but so far both characters are going to end up in different corners. if new mutants succeed, Magik is off completely. Don't expect X-23 to show up either.

lastly, we don't need any mutant characters to be a black widow candidate. that to me is overplaying the crossover angle.

MCU should just do the right thing and introduce mutants in the traditional way, this is X-Men. trying to tie them up to other marvel characters is not what makes xmen interesting, in theory it is the opposite that made them interesting. x-men is mostly secluded. let the movies show it that way, it will also give more believability to why mutants are hated and feared and other marvel heroes are not and that is if mcu is going to make mutants hated and feared, because I am doubting they would. there is too much complicated themes and drama in that aspect of hated/feared and complicated themes and drama have never been the MCU strongest strength.

BANNED

" there is too much complicated themes and drama in that aspect of hated/feared and complicated themes and drama have never been the MCU strongest strength"

That is still not true even after changing threads. But nice to see that you are the one Person to know how they will handle the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Noah Hawley is not wishing he was part of the MCU, Hawley said he still wants to make his Dr doom movie and the fox buyout should not affect that. it is up to mcu to give him the keys to do that. Mangold also said he still wants to make his X23 movie and also, the fox buyout should not affect that.

nether guys are wishing to be part of anything. they just want to direct the marvel movies they planned to do at fox.
    Everything depends on what Marvel Studios has in mind for those properties, so the Fox buyout affects everything for Hawley and Mangold if they still want to make those films. Could a deal be made to do non-MCU one-offs (e.g. Joker compared to the DCEU)? Yeah, but does Marvel Studios want that kind of branding and all that, or would they rather use those characters only in MCU projects. Frankly, I think at this point it's best to accept that both X-23 and Doom, for good or bad, will be next seen in the MCU; that seems to be the most likely outcome.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Everything depends on what Marvel Studios has in mind for those properties, so the Fox buyout affects everything for Hawley and Mangold .
    Agreed.

if they still want to make those films. Could a deal be made to do non-MCU one-offs (e.g. Joker compared to the DCEU)? Yeah, but does Marvel Studios want that kind of branding and all that,
    The branding should take them were ever their source material leads. they are after all saying they are adapting comics.
    or would they rather use those characters only in MCU projects

Reason I don't think Magik and x23 will show up and if they did, they will be very different from the source material for reasons that will be hard to sell.
    Frankly, I think at this point it's best to accept that both X-23 and Doom, for good or bad, will be next seen in the MCU; that seems to be the most likely outcome
    already discussed.

Though I wonder how and why Feige will want to let Noah Halwey and James Mangold slip from this fingers after the masterclass of Legion and Logan and their great contribution to the X-Men universe live action adpations.

Speaking of Hawley his views on star trek where he said, he is a compete story teller first and is not into CGI action as they lack substance is what made his Legion good and why he is perfect to make an xmen or doom movie but at the same time, I know it will be the one of the many reason MCU will let Hawley walk away.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-13-2020 at 04:03 AM.

already discussed.

Though I wonder how and why Feige will want to let Noah Halwey and James Mangold slip from this fingers after the masterclass of Legion and Logan and their great contribution to the X-Men universe live action adpations.

Speaking of Hawley his views on star trek where he said, he is a compete story teller first and is not into CGI action as they lack substance is what made his Legion good and why he is perfect to make an xmen or doom movie but at the same time, I know it will be the one of the many reason MCU will let Hawley walk away.
    Legion was not "X Universe..."

That was the whole point.

I see that on Twitter. Everyone seems to think a Dazzler musical would be great. I have no idea what a Dazzler musical would be about. What's the story?
    So long as the music is great, the story can be secondary.

With Dazzler, why not tell a story of a talented young singer who had a big break in front of her, but lost it when her mutant powers manifested. Then, after learning about who and what she was, she channels it to become Dazzler, the world's biggest mutant pop star.

I'd see that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The world of John Wick is basically the T’ieves/Assassins Guilds but with Tom Ford suits instead of neon, NYC instead of NO and cod-Eastern European mysticism instead of cod-Creole mysticism. John Wick knows all that stuff is a silly, fun background for fight scenes. If Feige can get the same quality of stunt and action co-ordinators there’s no reason an MCU Gambit couldn’t work (unless you went full Howard Mackie Gambit vol. 1 in the style of Michael Bay).

I actually wouldn’t mind characters like Gambit, Mystique and Logan popping up as criminals thwarting the heroes in the background of other MCU movies and TV shows. Hell, have Mystique, Destiny and Rogue create ongoing Baron Zemo-level havok. Beast and Moira can pop up as talking heads on mutant genetics. Sean Cassidy can be some kind of CIA/SHIELD agent.

Magik, easily.

MCU could introduce her as a Black Widow program candidate with a mutant “escape” talent. She screws it up, ends up in a Doctor Strange side-dimension ruled by a Doctor Strange-like wizard. It’d be like Buffy in Oz and the red slippers are in her genes.
    I’d pay to see Magik fucking up Limbo.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 01-13-2020 at 04:38 AM.

Gambit is good for at least one movie on the big screen, I don't think you might get a whole franchise/trilogy with Gambit but I am 100% percent positive that you can get one really good superhero version of Will Smith Focus, Carmen Zeta Jones Entrapment or Ocean's 8 or 11. A Super heist movie should work whether it is vain of movies I just mention or if they are more like Fast Furious,Point Break, Italian Job,etc. I think you could also do Cop versus Thief movie with Gambit and Bishop as well.

I think I have said before but I would love to see X-force in the MCU stress as more of its own thing pulling from pool of characters like Wolverine, Psylocke, Gambit, Domino, Cable, Deadpool, Bishop, Rogue, Boom Boom, Forge and Warpath. I have seen people crying about Wolverine getting focused on again in the MCU. Well how I see it Wolverine would show up in the first MCU X-men then he would leave anchor the X-force line of films. If you read the Remender, Kyle & Yost or Current Percy run those runs would translate well to big screen version basically Expendables/Fast Furious meets Mission Impossible style movies.

I don't think Magik is going to be in the MCU.
    I don't think so either. I think Magik has the elements of a solo hero similar to Iron Man, Cap A and Thor that could fill a feature film.

A LOT of X-Men have very little life and history outside the X-Men. As others have said, Wolverine, Gambit, and Deadpool do and have been in films. Their best chemistry come in team formats obviously.

Why do people keep saying "I don't think X hero is going to be in the MCU" even after Feige said he wants to include as many characters as possible? Plus, Feige said he wants to include more marquee X-Men characters, as in characters not Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    The world of John Wick is basically the T’ieves/Assassins Guilds but with Tom Ford suits instead of neon, NYC instead of NO and cod-Eastern European mysticism instead of cod-Creole mysticism. John Wick knows all that stuff is a silly, fun background for fight scenes. If Feige can get the same quality of stunt and action co-ordinators there’s no reason an MCU Gambit couldn’t work (unless you went full Howard Mackie Gambit vol. 1 in the style of Michael Bay).

I actually wouldn’t mind characters like Gambit, Mystique and Logan popping up as criminals thwarting the heroes in the background of other MCU movies and TV shows. Hell, have Mystique, Destiny and Rogue create ongoing Baron Zemo-level havok. Beast and Moira can pop up as talking heads on mutant genetics. Sean Cassidy can be some kind of CIA/SHIELD agent.

I’d pay to see Magik fucking up Limbo.
    Well thanks for giving a clearer comparison with John Wick since Gambit unlike Irishman will need to have action at some point but the gansta feel must be highly present. also gambit's back story portrays him as an anti hero, if they extend it to further he become a villain for his role in the mutant massacre. all these are nice thoughts as x-fans but I don't think they will fit the mcu brand of storytelling.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-13-2020 at 08:16 AM.

I don't think so either. I think Magik has the elements of a solo hero similar to Iron Man, Cap A and Thor that could fill a feature film.

A LOT of X-Men have very little life and history outside the X-Men. As others have said, Wolverine, Gambit, and Deadpool do and have been in films. Their best chemistry come in team formats obviously.
    Magik is still a kid with some odd issues. did you watch the new mutants trailer, she is the only one who brags about killing 18 men. that kind of character story arc can not be in the MCU. Disney would not want kids saying that kind of things in their movies anymore than they will want little X23 killing adults

Exactly.

I would never understand how they come up with this random crossover set ups that is not even xmen but tied to black widow or black panther. mutants have run ins with other heroes but x-men is still mostly secluded with many mutants having very stand alone stories and adventures. remember when kitty left and took up with pete wisdom? scott left to marry pyror? Nighcrawler's life in Germany?

After the whole infinity saga stuff, MCU is at the best place to movi the universe forward with the evolution of this new species called mutants and focus on that. than focusing about how they are going to tie xmen in with other marvel IPs.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-13-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Disney would not want kids saying that kind of things in their movies anymore than they will want little X23 killing adults.
    Disney follows the money. They'll bend over backward to get it. I'm not concerned. I'm far more concerned with how long Fiege and the board think they can ride "action-comedy" to the bank. I was thrilled with the notion that Strange 2 was going to dip into horror, and assumed it would be bloodless, Lovecraftian, and "possession movie" in its style. I'm worried I'll be bored with Cumberbatch, again.

I have yet to read a mini series of a solo mutant and think it was a worthwhile effort, much less translate to feature film --aside from the constraints of the MCU. I think a Storm movie would perk interest and bring butts to seats, but I also don't think she has a story that isn't also best told in an X-Men context. My own MCU X-Men idea hinges on Storm's loss of faith in Xavier's idea of a "school for mutants" --but even that requires Xavier to be deceased or otherwise indisposed. An X-Force movie might be good but I really think they should follow Deadpool's lead and be irreverent with jokes, violence, and casting. Bring back Olivia Munn, Will.i.am, Lucas Till, Rob Delaney, Terry Crews, Lewis Tan... and throw in a stupid "I got better" joke when Wade asks why they're not dead.

BANNED

I think the F4 and X-men coming to the fold will change the way Marvel approaches building those franchises. The solo outings might fade out in place of another strategy.

Perhaps they'll use Disney Plus to focus on bunches of characters to build up to major movies. (Like Cyke/Jean/Havok/Gambit and Mr. Sinister leading to Mutant Massacre. Or Prof/Lilandra/Jean leading up to Phoenix) Just spit-balling.

And it might spill over into Disney+ pieces. Gimme a Johnny Storm/Bobby Drake roomie situation.