Page 281 of 325 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 4870

Just remembered something from a while back. The people at Marvel Studios have kept a tight lip in regards to the X-Men in the MCU, likely they're planning it all out, but one of the few things said definitively was by Endgame writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

They want to retool Cyclops into a real hero, as opposed to a "punching bag".

So, do you think Cyclops would be a good "leading man" in the MCU X-Men? I mean, they did throw shade at the FoX-Men portrayal with the punching bag comment. I'd like to see more powerful optic blasts, his martial arts skills realized, and his leadership ability. Of course, there's also his relevance to the plot as a core X-Man, his relationship with other characters, and his archenemy Mister Sinister. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Just remembered something from a while back. The people at Marvel Studios have kept a tight lip in regards to the X-Men in the MCU, likely they're planning it all out, but one of the few things said definitively was by Endgame writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

So, do you think Cyclops would be a good "leading man" in the MCU X-Men? I mean, they did throw shade at the FoX-Men portrayal with the punching bag comment. I'd like to see more powerful optic blasts, his martial arts skills realized, and his leadership ability. Of course, there's also his relevance to the plot as a core X-Man, his relationship with other characters, and his archenemy Mister Sinister. What do you think?
    I'm all for this. It'll make the dynamic between him and Wolverine that much better. The MCU did great with Cap and Tony, I trust them with Scott and Logan.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

He is a core piece mean even the core piece, He needs to work to make the whole engine work. He forms what I think of as the X-men trinity with Wolverine and Storm those three characters you need to get right at minimum . Without throwing too much shots at Fox I think they missed opportunities with Cyclops and they needed to work just as hard to make set piece moments with Cyclops as they did with Wolverine. A good example is House of X/Powers of X books they are filled with these small leadership/pure confidence moments that go along way it is stuff that was missing from Cyclops in the movie. Magneto and Xavier gives Cyclops an impossible mission to complete and Cyclops calmly asks " Does it need doing?" Xavier say "Yes" and Cyclops respond " Then it will be done" the tone of scene is supreme confidence. It is not about his power more about leadership and confidence but it wouldn't hurt to have this happen

Wolverine is the reckless bad ass fighter who doesn't quit, Storm is the elegant queen powerhouse who command of nature can be intimidating , Cyclops is guy who makes everyone believe the impossible is possible with his words and is always 5 steps ahead everyone with a plan. You build out from those three characters probably with Beast's "Intelligence", Iceman's "Humor", and someone to be "the Heart" like a Kitty, Nightcrawler, Jean or Colossus. Also some snarky or sassy would be good so Emma, M, or some X-character think has no filter would be great.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-04-2020 at 03:10 AM.

BANNED

Even if they portray him as the most powerful fighter and leader he will be still a jerk. Please its 2020 right now the MCU won’t make the central character of the franchise a white, hetero macho man character . The character of Cyclops can’t carry the films, he isn’t charismatic enough. The only reason he is so popular in comics is because he became the self fantasy of many fans, what they would like to be. That’s why every time someone brings up something shady about him starts a war in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Even if they portray him as the most powerful fighter and leader he will be still a jerk. Please its 2020 right now the MCU won’t make the central character of the franchise a white, hetero macho man character . The character of Cyclops can’t carry the films, he isn’t charismatic enough. The only reason he is so popular in comics is because he became the self fantasy of many fans, what they would like to be. That’s why every time someone brings up something shady about him starts a war in the forum.
    Why are you bringing race, sexuality and gender into this?

The big five should be Scott, Jean, Ororo, Logan and Emma and thats that on that. Dont really make any of them the one focal point but have everyone share the same screen time and importance.

Wolverine and Ororo could have their own solo disney + series but thats it.

BANNED

Why are you bringing race, sexuality and gender into this?
    Look around the MCU , Eternals with the first gay hero in the MCU films, Falcon as Captain America. If the X-men , the franchise that was a born as a metaphor of opressed minorities makes his central character white and normative while all the MCU is diverse would be like a joke.

BANNED

Look around the MCU , Eternals with the first gay hero in the MCU films, Falcon as Captain America. If the X-men , the franchise that was a born as a metaphor of opressed minorities makes his central character white and normative while all the MCU is diverse would be like a joke.
    wellll... he might not be casted as such then :P

Exactly. Also, we need some big latino hero. I love what they did with Ajak but im sure she will be far from the lead of the movie.

Id be here for a latino Scott

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wellll... he might not be casted as such then :P
    then he wouldnt be the cyclops that most people here love, the cries would be high

then he wouldnt be the cyclops that most people here love, the cries would be high
    Really? Out of all the reasons people have to love Cyclops, him being white is the defining factor?

Alright, I fail to see why it's so wrong for someone to be white, male and heterosexual. You're making a big deal out of it than it actually is.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I would prefer if Disney doesn't change Cyclops too much but if they have to, they should make him a black man.
    We already had a black Cyclops in comics and it was cool
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-04-2020 at 06:12 AM.

X-Men is already diverse with a hero for everyone, so there's no need to race bend white characters. This idea that "No one will like Cyclops because he's white" is a total made-up fallacy.

X-Men is already diverse with a hero for everyone, so there's no need to race bend white characters. This idea that "No one will like Cyclops because he's white" is a total made-up fallacy.
    Its not that people wouldnt like him, its that disney wouldnt do it.

Also, funny that even tho X-Men is "already diverse", the focus for the most part is on Scott, Logan or Xavier.