Page 283 of 325 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 4870
    BANNED

cyclops is pretty much a disabled man who must wear glasses at all time that turn his entire world red, and also massive headaches and the constant fear of losing control is very good metaphor for disabled people, since like said above mutants are a mix

Im not sure if you read it wrong or something but I was talking about straight white males is new properties (not sequels or spin offs(. Black Widow is not a male, black knight is jewish, eternals is an essemble movie with lots of diversity and an asian woman is said to be the lead, she hulk is a woman and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    cyclops is pretty much a disabled man who must wear glasses at all time that turn his entire world red, and also massive headaches and the constant fear of losing control is very good metaphor for disabled people
    Eh, if ruby quartz didn't exist, and he HAD to keep his eyes shut and function in the world as a blind man, seeing him as "disabled" would be less of a cognitive leap. Otherwise, he's just the Geordi of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm all for this. It'll make the dynamic between him and Wolverine that much better. The MCU did great with Cap and Tony, I trust them with Scott and Logan.
    Perfect timing too, as they need a new Cap and Tony.

Thats a great point, but it never really was explored as deeply as it should in the comics.

Just going to finish with this:

Including more diverse heroes =/= shafting existing white heroes, especially when so many are about to join the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Eh, if ruby quartz didn't exist, and he HAD to keep his eyes shut and function in the world as a blind man, seeing him as "disabled" would be less of a cognitive leap. Otherwise, he's just the Geordi of the group.
    fair point, but a lot of people can probably relate to needing a specific item to have a semi normal life and having some big consequences if losing said object.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I would prefer if Disney doesn't change Cyclops too much but if they have to, they should make him a black man.
    We already had a black Cyclops in comics and it was cool
    If they’re going to race-bend him he should be Hispanic. They are way more underrepresented in the MCU. Not to mention the fastest growing demographic in the U.S., which is still the major market despite how much more important the International box office (especially China) has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    fair point, but a lot of people can probably relate to needing a specific item to have a semi normal life and having some big consequences if losing said object.
    I agree with you, they should include a scene where he's on his knees looking for his glasses, then turns around, opens his eyes and obliterates a Sentinel.

Anyway, Storm and Cyke should co lead and everyone would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    If they’re going to race-bend him he should be Hispanic. They are way more underrepresented in the MCU. Not to mention the fastest growing demographic in the U.S., which is still the major market despite how much more important the International box office (especially China) has become.
    THIS! I still cant believe the only relevant latino character in the mcu is a thief. But I have high hopes for the Fantastic Four casting. It would be very powerful to have the first family not looking like the traditional white american family.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    Anyway, Storm and Cyke should co lead and everyone would be happy.
    Lol, everyone will never be happy.

THIS! I still cant believe the only relevant latino character in the mcu is a thief. But I have high hopes for the Fantastic Four casting. It would be very powerful to have the first family not looking like the traditional white american family.
    I actually didn’t hate the casting in Josh Trank’s terrible FF film. Especially liked Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm. Too bad it was so bad, as I wouldn’t mind seeing that cast again. Except for the guy who played The Thing. He was all wrong for Ben Grimm IMO. Otherwise, I liked the cast.

Along those lines, if I was going to race-bend some of the X-men to make them more diverse I’d try to go with the ones where I don’t believe it’s really core to their character. Obviously that’s debatable and will rile up hardcore fans of said characters who will say everything that’s canon from the comic books — including race — is core to the character; but someone like Angel, for example, is kind of an ironic character in that he’s suddenly in this hated and feared minority while having been born into immense (white) privilege. So to me that privilege and suddenly finding himself hated and feared is kind of central to his arc. Especially assuming at some point he suffers at the hands of the Marauders, becomes suicidal and is recruited by Apocalypse as his Angel of Death (which needs to happen). By contrast, Iceman being a white guy isn’t really core to his character. At least not IMO. He’s a comedian, and now gay which I’m sure will carry over to the films, but if you also made him black or Asian I don’t see it as a huge deal. Even making Cyclops Latino (or half Latino since “Summers” seems like a pretty Anglo name to me) wouldn’t really change who he is all that much. But would make him potentially more relatable in 2020 as a persecuted minority.

Just my $.02.

They already did this it didn't works so well, I am huge advocate for diversity but not everything needs to be changed and it isn't on the MCU to fix all the diversity issue in the genre. Cyclops doesn't need to be latino, They have Celia Reyes and Sunspot(side eye New mutants casting) . There is Rictor, Magma and Wind dancer as well. They don't need to race bend anybody in X-men because have good characters who can be used. They just need to ignore tradition and mainstay status and use them. But if they are unwilling to ignore mainstays then yeah race bend away.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-04-2020 at 08:25 AM.

I feel like ignoring the mainstays would be worse than race-bending some of them honestly. In terms of fan reaction. There’s a reason why they are mainstays after all.