Page 284 of 325 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They already did this it didn't works so well, I am huge advocate for diversity but not everything needs to be changed and it isn't on the MCU to fix all the diversity issue in the genre. Cyclops doesn't need to be latino, They have Celia Reyes and Sunspot(side eye New mutants casting) . There is Rictor, Magma and Wind dancer as well. They don't need to race bend anybody in X-men because have good characters who can be used. They just need to ignore tradition and mainstay status and use them. But if they are unwilling to ignore mainstays then yeah race bend away.
    lol what are the odds that any of these characters show up soon in the mcu or are relevant in any way. Specially roberto and cecilia considering they are already set to appear (with terrible casting btw) this year. To have d-listers take the spot of a-listers in a team roster would be even more controversial among fans than a race bend casting.

BANNED

with disney + ? very likely

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    lol what are the odds that any of these characters show up soon in the mcu or are relevant in any way. Specially roberto and cecilia considering they are already set to appear (with terrible casting btw) this year. To have d-listers take the spot of a-listers in a team roster would be even more controversial among fans than a race bend casting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I feel like ignoring the mainstays would be worse than race-bending some of them honestly. In terms of fan reaction. There’s a reason why they are mainstays after all.
    Not really some mainstay because are comics(editors and writers) loves to fall back on nostalgia. They are my whipping boys for today but I would bet money that Sunspot and Magik are more or as popular as Colossus and Angel today with in the X-fanbase. Nightcrawler is amazing character but Nightcrawler has been nearly pointless since they brought him back. While on the other hand Boomer has been interesting dam near everything she has been lately. Honestly we see characters who should be get pushed sitting behind of "mainstays" who aren't doing anything interesting or new. Now if it is specific story and they are closely adapting then yeah stick to the characters but if you are loosely adapting thing and the story can't be told in the same way then use other characters when you get the chance.

We weren't hurt by Hank Pym and Wasp not being founders of the Avengers, We weren't hurt by changes made in Infinity War and Endgame. Once you lock in the key characters and get them right fans are okay with changes to rosters. It is really about the core. Beside X-men has one A-lister ,His name is Wolverine. A couple of B-listers in Cyclops,Magneto and Storm. And just everybody else is C-listers in the grand scheme with couple who had blips of B level status. But anyways how does D-list character become A-list or just higher without being able to used in meaningful time and stories. Plus The movie world has shown that Black Panther,Gotg and Captain Marvel are able to fill seats saying D-listers is an excuse to do the samething imo.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-04-2020 at 09:37 AM.

MCU Avengers isn't a good comparison in this regard. We had a bunch of solo films to lead up to a big team movie. A LOT of wild concepts were introduced in other scenes.

A better comparison would be the Guardians of the Galaxy. You'll need a POV and a variety of strong character pairings. Otherwise it'll be a cross between the Alien 4 team intros and a Benetton ad.

BANNED

And this conversation is why I hope nothing I write ever gets adapted...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Even if they portray him as the most powerful fighter and leader he will be still a jerk. Please its 2020 right now the MCU won’t make the central character of the franchise a white, hetero macho man character . The character of Cyclops can’t carry the films, he isn’t charismatic enough. The only reason he is so popular in comics is because he became the self fantasy of many fans, what they would like to be. That’s why every time someone brings up something shady about him starts a war in the forum.
    Does he really count as a "macho man"? Okay, I guess any male superhero is kind of macho by definition, but I've always considered him a rather feminine guy (especially compared to his natural foil Logan). I mean, look at most Scott Summers-type characters in fiction. Overachieving workaholics who are geekish, self-doubting yet taking pride in their abilities, uptight and idealistic to the point of being kind of preachy. Those characters tend to be female; Lisa Simpson, Hermione Granger, Liz Lemon etc.

If they’re going to race-bend him he should be Hispanic. They are way more underrepresented in the MCU.
    I think Hispanic or Asian would work. Black Cyclops might just look too much like Geordi La Forge (although since we'll get a new Xavier maybe that wouldn't be as distracting as it could have been in the Fox films).
    Last edited by Papa Moai; 02-04-2020 at 10:40 AM.

If they’re going to race-bend him he should be Hispanic. They are way more underrepresented in the MCU. Not to mention the fastest growing demographic in the U.S., which is still the major market despite how much more important the International box office (especially China) has become.
    My opinion on this is that if they need to change Scott (as part of a deliberate plan) then the best choice would be Alaska First Nation - the character is already from the state and most of the non-Inuit tribes have little to no representation in any media, not just the MCU.

But really, the competing jobs of having good romantic chemistry with whoever plays Jean or Emma (depending on when they set this in the X-timeline and what changes are made), good bickering chemistry with whoever plays Wolverine, and the ability to do everything without using the eyes, that the race and gender are really negotiable. Make me believe that this character and the love interest really have feelings for each other, make me buy the bickering road to mutual respect that Cyclops and Wolverine have with each other, make me believe that they can be rivals (which means coming across on screen as near-equals even without equal screen time), make me believe that Cyclops leading in the field is the right choice, and I won't care too much about the rest. None of the Fox films did that well, or at all in some cases.

In other words, the demands on the actor playing the character are high enough that casting based on race and gender might be a luxury beyond even Disney - go with the person who can do the best job. The rest is secondary.
    Dark does not mean deep.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...dversary.html/

Rogue rumored to appear in Captain Marvel 2.

Recent insider reports suggest that one of the most notable X-Men characters will join Captain Marvel 2 as an adversary, more closely aligning with the character’s comic book origins as opposed to the mutant’s film depiction under Fox. So, what do we know so far?

‘Captain Marvel 2’ will reportedly introduce Rogue
    According to Marvel Insider Mikey Sutton, and reported on by Superhero Buzz, Rogue will be one of the first X-Men characters to join the MCU. Superhero Buzz, noting Sutton’s credible past, stated:

The first X-Men fans will see in the MCU may be one of the most unexpected ones, at least to be initially introduced. Sutton has heard from several inside sources that Rogue is being developed to be a key figure in reviewing the X-Men under the intense vision of Kevin Feige. Just like her comic book debut…Rogue will appear as a villain, a member of the mutant terrorist group.

If reading the scoop above, you likely assumed that the terrorist group is Magneto’s Brotherhood of Evil Mutants; however, this exact narrative extension remains undetermined. Sutton was told the name might be shortened, and Feige allegedly wants to place “Magneto on the shelf…due to Fox burnout.”

Though Rogue may be joining the MCU as a villain, and as part of the mutant terrorist group fans are familiar with, this group and the members associated with it may not all appear or may appear in different iterations with adjusted stories, as to avoid replicating the Fox plots that have been overused.

What will become of the X-Men under the MCU?

Superhero Buzz continues on to discuss the MCU’s overhaul of the X-Men, as it’s likely that Kevin Feige may wish to avoid placing the same figures Fox highlighted in the spotlight. Not to mention, there are multiple stories with multiple relationships existing between various X-Men and Avengers to place on the silver screen.

Allegedly, the use of Marauders has been discussed with Mr. Sinister as the head of the terrorist mutant group instead of Magneto; however, this rumor is apparently based on brainstorming conversations alone.
    It would make sense to hold off on Magneto for a bit so as to make things fresh when he steps in, much like with Wolverine. Anyways, if this turns out true, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Anyways, if this turns out true, what do you think?
    I always assumed Rogue would be introduced in Captain Marvel. Figured it would be CM3, after MCUXM1.

Do we jump into fancasting now?

Honestly, I’d rather not. Just because I’d like to see them give Captain Marvel to kinda just be it’s own thing. Not because of Rogue specifically.

I figured CM2 would be cosmic, pulling her own military tropes into GotG territory. Really establish her on some wild interstellar scale, Jupiter Ascending but with armies and Nova Corps and some Ravagers.

They did say CM2 would be in the present day, telling me the modern setting would be a factor in the story to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    They did say CM2 would be in the present day, telling me the modern setting would be a factor in the story to be fair.
    Yeah I heard Korvac would be the enemy... so I figured we'd be all over the Kree/Skrull/etc star systems.

I've been assuming the FFH post-credits scene where Fury was in space was set up for CM2.

I love it if true. Captain Marvel was fun but she's too overpowered and felt impersonal. I don't how how many movies she could carry on her own. The only solution for the MCU is to rely on the mutants. The better Marvel characters with Spider-Man.

And Rogue is one of those characters done way way wrong by Fox. I hope they keep her closer to the comics this time. Bring her, Storm and Psylocke and do them justice!
    A picture would last longer darling...