Page 285 of 325 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4870

Having seen these designs, I would actually quite like the starting line-up to be these characters: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, the White Queen, Colossus and Shadowcat (and for god sake, just let her use the codename already).

Lords of the Long Box Rumour: Gambit series is planned by Disney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yv5u5Ct8fw

Characters being reserved for it. Probably Disney + or even Hulu if darker. Very early in concept.
    Kevin Feige really likes a character. He wants to do like a modern take on Maverick. It is going to be based in Nola.

Characters that Marvel wants to use for an upcoming Gambit MCU Series:
    - Thieves and Assassins Guilds
    - Etienne Marceaux – Probably a flashback (best friend of teen Remy)
    - Marauders
    - Candra
    - Pig – Gambit villain from Nicieza solo. The Pig raised children to become fighters and skilled linguists and sell them on the Black Market. In this story Gambit is using a charged card for a first time. Etienne is with him on this adventure.
    - Bella Donna Boudreux

Gambit Series to be kind of a modern western set in NOLA.
    Tatum is definitely not playing. Probably a younger actor.
    Rogue is tied up to Captain Marvel. Probably won`t appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Lords of the Long Box Rumour: Gambit series is planned by Disney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yv5u5Ct8fw

Characters being reserved for it. Probably Disney + or even Hulu if darker. Very early in concept.
    Kevin Feige really likes a character. He wants to do like a modern take on Maverick. It is going to be based in Nola.

Characters that Marvel wants to use for an upcoming Gambit MCU Series:
    - Thieves and Assassins Guilds
    - Etienne Marceaux – Probably a flashback (best friend of teen Remy)
    - Marauders
    - Candra
    - Pig – Gambit villain from Nicieza solo. The Pig raised children to become fighters and skilled linguists and sell them on the Black Market. In this story Gambit is using a charged card for a first time. Etienne is with him on this adventure.
    - Bella Donna Boudreux

Gambit Series to be kind of a modern western set in NOLA.
    Tatum is definitely not playing. Probably a younger actor.
    Rogue is tied up to Captain Marvel. Probably won`t appear.
    I'd be shocked if this were true. I'd love for it to be true. I think Gambit is one of those characters who can definitely hold down his own series. He's a fast-talking, quick-witted, omega-level charming thief with a heart. Those are all great qualities for a quality show. I just don't think Marvel Studios and Disney will go that route with respect to bringing the X-Men into the fold. They still haven't even mentioned mutants. Until that changes, rumors like this will remain just that, along with wishful thinking.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I hope it is true. Will see.

I checked all buzz about it so far and it can be that we will get Xavier in Strange2, Rogue in CM2, Wolverine vs Hulk project, Gambit series.
    It is alredy half or 1/3 of team introduced. For me it sounds like a logical way to bring X-Men to MCU before big X-Men movie.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

A series for Gambit sounds better than a solo movie.

I love how the Gambit fans just won't give up! <3

That said, if a Gambit show were truly under development to that extent, it would not be kept secret. The MCU has already announced so many future projects, from Ms. Marvel, to She-Hulk, to Blade, to GotG3, all of which are still years from the screen(big or little). I'm sure there are X-projects coming down the pipeline, and maybe a Gambit show is among them, but don't get too excited just yet.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Would the fans of any character give up? Storm fans, Lorna fans, puritanical zealots who want strict adherence to comic book canon... none of these folks give up. Why should Gambit fans? Ha.

That's why I said I love it! I just don't want them to hurt themselves over thin rumors, like they did over and over again with the Fox-Gambit project that never actually manifested. "We got a new director." "We start shooting in New Orleans this Mardi Gras." Over and over again. Poor dears. I have nothing but respect for them!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's why I said I love it! I just don't want them to hurt themselves over thin rumors, like they did over and over again with the Fox-Gambit project that never actually manifested. "We got a new director." "We start shooting in New Orleans this Mardi Gras." Over and over again. Poor dears. I have nothing but respect for them!
    After years of going back and forth on if I even wanted the Tatum movie to happen, I eventually gave up. This series would be cool, but I'm taking it with a bucket of salt
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    After years of going back and forth on if I even wanted the Tatum movie to happen, I eventually gave up. This series would be cool, but I'm taking it with a bucket of salt
    Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me dozens of times, sell the studio and welcome our monopolistic entertainment overlords!

What I worry about with a Gambit series is that they'll turn New Orleans into a theme park of vodoun/mardi gras/french quarter tropes. I'm not saying those tropes don't exist in some form, but there's a tendency to rely on them, rather than give space to the history and personality of a setting as heavy as the personality and history is as NOLA. I bored quickly with the Freeform Cloak & Dagger series but I did enjoy the economic plight the leads experienced, and how New Orleans was a character in support of those themes. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, or maybe I should apply to work at the Louisiana production teams. In any case, I think there's material for AGES for a Gambit series that orbits on New Orleans as a hub. Southern Gothic and Magical Realism stories are moneymakers.

I would introduce Cultura/Flourish as his sidekick. Neither are straight heroes, and both want to use their powers in ways other than traditional heroism. Her Mexican heritage would expand the reach of the show to include the Mexico, Caribbean, Texas, and the Mississippi trade route.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I love how the Gambit fans just won't give up! <3

That said, if a Gambit show were truly under development to that extent, it would not be kept secret. The MCU has already announced so many future projects, from Ms. Marvel, to She-Hulk, to Blade, to GotG3, all of which are still years from the screen(big or little). I'm sure there are X-projects coming down the pipeline, and maybe a Gambit show is among them, but don't get too excited just yet.
    They stated that this show is planned after these projects. It's very early and might not happen. All we have now, if it's true, is that some names have been reserved. Names that beyond the Marauders and Gambit are not highly contested Ip's for other shows/films. It's so early that we don't even know witch platform it's being developed for.

That said I found the show to be a perfectly credible show.

Gambit Movie Reportedly Back On Track, New Actor Eyed For Lead
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...arvel-studios/

Marvel apparently likes the current script and wants to make the movie as soon as possible.

They’ll recast the main role and are apparently looking to bring back one of the many directors who was originally attached, Gore Verbinski. Of course, many won’t believe Gambit is actually happening until they actually sit down in the theater to watch it, but we’re told that it’s back on track and Marvel is hoping to get it into production soon.

Interesting. Wonder who they’ll cast? I was never wild about Channing Tatum as the lead honestly.

Don`t know if it is true or not.
    I always thought that Gore Verbinski could get Gambit as character.

As for new lead then it probably will be someone young. I suppose around 25 year old.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 02-21-2020 at 08:39 AM.