Page 286 of 325 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Interesting. Wonder who they’ll cast? I was never wild about Channing Tatum as the lead honestly.
    Yeah, we dodged a bullet with that one.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, we dodged a bullet with that one.
    Most hated it but I always supported Tatum as Gambit. I think he could be a great Gambit.

Feel bad for him.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 02-21-2020 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Most hated it but I always supported Tatum as Gambit. I think he could be a great Gambit.

Feel bad for him.
    Step It Up Channing circa 2006 would have been a physical match(the boy can move), but only adequate acting-wise. By the time they were actually trying to make the film, he wasn't the physical match anymore. There's way better Remy's out there.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

How old should characters like Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Angel be on the MCU?
    early 20's mid 30's?

Fantastic Member

I'd go with early 20's. Not kids but not seasoned veterans either.

I think they should start off as college kids at Xavier's School. 18-22. Do the Krakoa incident ala Giant Sized and go from there. We've got 10-15 years of Disney+ series and MCU blockbusters to go, let's enjoy the ride. After 5 years you can introduce the NM as even younger (more high school aged), and then in another 5 years you can do Gen X as the next high school class. Five years later you can do the Academy X kids, and the main X-Men are now in their mid 30's and appropriate to be teachers ala the Morrison run. Five years later if the movies are still going you can dip into the nation building stuff. If you start them off too old at the beginning, you throw off the whole flow.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Cyclops
    30, retired in Alaska

Jean
    dead at 25, 5 years ago

Storm
    30, busy in Australia

Angel
    45, surgically amputated businessman in America. VERY protective of his pubescent son.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    30, retired in Alaska

dead at 25, 5 years ago

30, busy in Australia

45, surgically amputated businessman in America. VERY protective of his pubescent son.
    It seems like you want all of them out

Who do you want on the MCU?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-21-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Who do you want on the MCU?
    Storm, obviously. Her holding it all together is the whole damn narrative.

But to be clear, Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Beast and White Queen running to school out of a ghost town in the Outback. Emma's the only one able to use Cerebro with the Professor assumed dead and Phoenix long since buried. Nightcrawler wants to hold the status quo of the "school" as more of a refuge. Storm wants to confront the anti-mutant sentiment by becoming superheroes and entering the conversation. Tension, humor, regrets, responsibility.

Wolverine serves as scout for the X-Men's "advance team", implied to be X-Force. This is another small team, but they "die" pretty early: Kwannon, Darwin, Neal Shaara. Toad leads a Brotherhood with Blob and Frenzy. The POV character for the adventure is Jubilee. She's told the story of Wolverine as though he's a legend among mutants: he was a mutant turned into a weapon and that led him to believe he was a monster. It was Xavier's Dream that taught him he could be more.

When Jubilee finds another mutant who became a weapon and thinks he's a monster... but uses her fireworks to communicate the Chinese symbol for family/home/school (家) is the big, big narrative turn of the film, and recapitulation of the X-Men's ethos.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit Movie Reportedly Back On Track, New Actor Eyed For Lead
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...arvel-studios/

Marvel apparently likes the current script and wants to make the movie as soon as possible.

They’ll recast the main role and are apparently looking to bring back one of the many directors who was originally attached, Gore Verbinski. Of course, many won’t believe Gambit is actually happening until they actually sit down in the theater to watch it, but we’re told that it’s back on track and Marvel is hoping to get it into production soon.
    We've heard that before. Again and again and again...
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

First Black Knight insider told to The Lord of the Long box that Gambit tv show is planned for Disney.

Now second scooper Mikey Sutton (earlier he told that Rogue will be a villain in CM2) told that Disney plans Gambit series for Disney +.

Insider Mikey Sutton claims Gambit is coming to Disney+ with a Western slant.
    According to Sutton, the show will take on a gun-slinging Western vibe, yet boast mutant combat, as opposed to shootouts. Sutton stated:

…Gambit will appear in the movies but there is no solo film being discussed. What they see for Gambit is a TV series set in the MCU for Disney+. The tone talked about is a modern Western, a mutant Maverick, if you will, with sly wit and gritty action enveloped by a New Orleans flavor.

According to Sutton, Tatum is completely out, and while anything remains possible, fans should not expect to see the former Magic Mike star take on the card thrower. According to Sutton, the studio is aiming for a Harrison Ford-type actor, yet probably a bit younger. Sutton stated:

Apparently, they prefer somebody younger, a Harrison Ford type, a charmer who is a little rough around the edges…

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-insider.html/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...jcgL1Efw3n7yRt

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Step It Up Channing circa 2006 would have been a physical match(the boy can move), but only adequate acting-wise. By the time they were actually trying to make the film, he wasn't the physical match anymore. There's way better Remy's out there.
    Totally agree, I actually liked the Taylor Kitsch casting,for the time it was perfect,but that's a whole decade ago,so he has to be recast. Maybe Alex Pettyfer could work

Astonishing Member

Maybe I'm in the minority but I wish Marvel gave Zack Snyder the job to do the X-Men under the MCU. I feel like he gets unwarranted flak,his movies seem to be darker than usual comic adaptations plus he likes getting deep and deconstructive.Which would be very cool for a mutant take.Why do all mutants identify as one yet some are privileged ,others ostracised ,fighting amongst themselves?It would be amazing to play with those themes and concepts.Plus we know visuals and action are his forte.I really wish Zack got to do the X-Men and maybe a sequel.
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-04-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Zack Snyder is a great cinematographer.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yes, Zack Snyder destroyed the chance of a coherent DCU with two poorly received movies, not to mention having a mediocre adaptation of Watchmen, why not let him get the chance to do the same with the X-men? LMAO! The people here.