Page 288 of 325 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I know I don’t think “X-Men” when I think alien sharks. I think it’s fine for them to poach the X-Men catalog for wacky cosmic villains for wacky cosmic Thor.

I don’t want a wacky cosmic X-Men.
    Completely agree.

I know I don’t think “X-Men” when I think alien sharks. I think it’s fine for them to poach the X-Men catalog for wacky cosmic villains for wacky cosmic Thor.

I donÂ’t want a wacky cosmic X-Men.
    Its a bad idea to introduce X-men cosmic aliens to the Thor movies. Thor has arguably been damaged beyond repair, first with the comedy direction they took with Thor Ragnarok and Thor's portrayal in Endgame. Love and Thunder is setting itself up for another wacky spoofy comedy.To turn X-Men aliens into space sharks will be damaging not to mention it will give us the best hint of the direction Disney X-Men is taking.

Above everything, Disney is using the tired gimmick of trying to build X-Men in the MCU by scattering the universe in movies only to do the predictable generic task of bringing it together. Please can anyone tell Disney this is part of the reason nobody takes comic movies seriously anymore? Wait when the 100th Batman reboot comes out looking like the freshest idea ever to Disney ''amazing plans'' for X-men

How dare they steal the concept of... sharks...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Its a bad idea to introduce X-men cosmic aliens to the Thor movies. Thor has arguably been damaged beyond repair, first with the comedy direction they took with Thor Ragnarok and Thor's portrayal in Endgame. Love and Thunder is setting itself up for another wacky spoofy comedy.To turn X-Men aliens into space sharks will be damaging not to mention it will give us the best hint of the direction Disney X-Men is taking.

Above everything, Disney is using the tired gimmick of trying to build X-Men in the MCU by scattering the universe in movies only to do the predictable generic task of bringing it together. Please can anyone tell Disney this is part of the reason nobody takes comic movies seriously anymore? Wait when the 100th Batman reboot comes out looking like the freshest idea ever to Disney ''amazing plans'' for X-men
    Oh I get it now. You’re one of those people who thinks everything belongs to them.

“Damaged beyond repair” is hilarious btw.

Thats not really much of an argument. Ragnarok is what salvaged Thor from the boring character he was in the MCU. His first 2 films were not good and he wasnt interesting in Avengers. Ragnarok was the direction he needed and IW elevated him further. I will agree that Endgame was a huge step backwards but damage beyond repair? That arc is done and and he will likely go back to how he was in IW for his fourth film

Yeah, the film jumped Thor from lowest liked Avengers to maybe second behind Iron Man and Cap.

Seeding X-Men stuff in other movies like Thor is a smart move; it helps introduce the mythology they want to work with early on rather then info dumping stuff when it comes out.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I know you mean well, but are we really considering "Star Sharks" an X-Men seed?

I mean, the "Agent Braddock" line from Endgame was a seed, but it was also throwaway. Alien mooks from a forgotten story are hardly something that could grow into street-level mutant conflict.

I was surprised when I learned how infrequently Star sharks had shown up given where they came from.

I know you mean well, but are we really considering "Star Sharks" an X-Men seed?

I mean, the "Agent Braddock" line from Endgame was a seed, but it was also throwaway. Alien mooks from a forgotten story are hardly something that could grow into street-level mutant conflict.
    I don’t remember this agent Braddock line.

Craymond is correct. Snyder's movies have great cinematography, a rare in millennial comic films although the cinematography of X1/X2/DOFP and Logan were great. Most of First Class too. Cinematography is only noticed by people who appreciate movies that are considered real cinema. Usually much older comic book fans not millennials.
    Could have done without the insinuation that I don’t appreciate real cinema, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don’t remember this agent Braddock line.
    I haven't heard it spoken (Now that I have Disney+ I'll check it out), BUT... When Rogers is outside Captain Carter's office in 1970's SHIELD, he overhears her mention "Agent Braddock" either directly or in passing. It was muffled in any case.

THAT suggests that Captain Britain will likely follow the Ultimate model, and forgo Betsy altogether.

I haven't heard it spoken (Now that I have Disney+ I'll check it out), BUT... When Rogers is outside Captain Carter's office in 1970's SHIELD, he overhears her mention "Agent Braddock" either directly or in passing. It was muffled in any case.

THAT suggests that Captain Britain will likely follow the Ultimate model, and forgo Betsy altogether.
    But! You can also say that they may just make Betsy the premiere Captain Britain for the MCU. So it could be a hard win or a hard lose.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    But! You can also say that they may just make Betsy the premiere Captain Britain for the MCU. So it could be a hard win or a hard lose.
    Could make it a generational role, wherein Brian is Betsy's father. A bridge too far? I see Betsy as a Lara Croft type, so if her father was a '75-'95 Phantom, might be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Seeding X-Men stuff in other movies like Thor is a smart move;
    Not only is this expected and predictable, It shrinks the MCU universe again.

Thor is the worst comedy series in the MCU. X-Men is marvel's most thoughtful series, introducing it to a parody series like Thor would be offensive.

it helps introduce the mythology they want to work with
    It makes the mythology have less impact. Did you watch Logan? Logan succeeded as a legit cinema movie that is to be respected to MCU that has failed to be one. Part of the reason is Logan standing by itself as a mini separate X-Men mythology. It didn't have to connect to Deadpool or make a big deal on the events that took place in the year 2023 in the predecessor movie.

early on rather then info dumping stuff when it comes out.
    We call this doing the hard work to build a film. Not using a formula that is harmful to the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Yeah, the film jumped Thor from lowest liked Avengers to maybe second behind Iron Man and Cap.
    Thor is now the least liked Avenger. Enough people were angered by his portrayal in the movie. It is delusional to think he is the second most liked Avenger.

Why would the infamous fat thor be the most liked Avenger? Where is the intellectual thought to that? Didn't the director just deny we would be seeing him again since he is aware of how much most hated it.

Introducing anything X-Men to a parody movie! Perhaps Disney just does not care about their artistic inferiority as long as the money keeps pouring. Name one X-Men series that has been introduced as a comedy/parody resembling Thor Ragnarok . Movies , tv or cartoons. I will wait and Deadpool does not count.