Page 290 of 325 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Are they talking about the Acanti? Those big space whale things that the Brood eat, and infest and basically live inside of as they move through the universe.
    It appeared in one of the cartoons though let's face it. Its ridiculous to know this is the first hint of X-Men in the MCU. Remember the first hint of X-Men on the big screen? Magneto was a prisoner in 1944 concentration camps in Hitler's Germany. Am sure, Sharks and dropping X-Men's name in a comedy movie like Thor 4 will get the same kind of critical praise and fans applause. lol.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 04-16-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    It appeared in one of the cartoons though let's face it. Its ridiculous to know this is the first hint of X-Men in the MCU. Remember the first hint of X-Men on the big screen? Magneto was a prisoner in 1944 concentration camps in Hitler's Germany. Am sure, Sharks and dropping X-Men's name in a comedy movie like Thor 4 will get the same kind of critical praise and fans applause. lol.
    This is just a straight up ridiculous comparison and comment. Marvel uses stuff from different franchises(or that were created in different franchises) on unrelated ones' movies all the time. Those sharks possibly showing up on Thor 4 will have nothing to do with the MCU X-Men. There's gonna be no "dropping X-Men's name". It's just a matter of a random thing that fits with what Taika wants to do with Thor happening to have been created on an X-Men comic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    How do you know that there will be a name drop of the X-Men? Is that something that has been confirmed or are you just making it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    are you just making it up?
    10 characters

Interesting rumor...

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-studios-d...timatum-event/

While the story wasn’t particularly well received in the comics, Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios have shown that they have no issue taking liberties with the source material in adapting to the big screen. And what I like about this is obviously the focus on Magneto and Doom as the main villains. In the comic, Magneto snaps after the death of his daughter, Scarlet Witch, and attacks New York City with a tidal wave. This could easily be tweaked to be in reaction to Pietro’s death, and somehow they retcon into the story that Magneto is their father. Considering the fact that everyone else exposed to the Tesseract experimentation that granted the twins their powers died, it could be explained that they were latent mutants and that exposure just unlocked their powers by jumpstarting their X-gene.

But essentially, the basic story — that being the heroes of the world uniting to stop the threat of Magneto — could make for an ideal introduction of the X-men as a full team in the MCU. Also, in the end, the main villain who manipulated Magneto in Ultimatum was Doctor Doom. So that brings the Fantastic Four into the mix, and could even include Namor as well since Magneto uses a tidal wave to destroy NYC (as it’s likely he would initially be blamed until they discover it was Magneto).

So, the way I see it, if they introduce the concept of mutation and the X-gene in The Eternals, as having been planted by the Celestials in humanity long ago; and then they slow roll the introduction of various mutants as cameos in the Phase 4 films (Cpt Marvel 2, Black Panther 2, Doc Strange 2, Shang Chi, Blade, Spider-man 3, etc.) and Disney+ shows (Falcon & Winter Soldier, WandaVision, She-Hulk, etc.), explaining that mutants were so rare historically that they were just a statistical aberration, but after the cosmic energies unleashed by “the Snap” they have been popping up in much larger numbers, in terms of X-gene activations at puberty... this could be a great build up to an Ultimatum inspired event. Hell, that could be the whole plot of the rumored New Avengers film! The heroes come together and by the end a new team of Avengers is formed with Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doc Strange, Spider-man, Wolverine, Thing, etc.

Perhaps throw in some Secret Invasion type Skrull intrigue, and the Illuminati... and then the aftermath of this film is the formation of H.A.M.M.E.R. with Norman Osborn as its head... that could be brilliant actually. Fingers crossed.

I have faith they will be able to make it work naturally. Bringing the mutants slowly to the MCU is the way to go.
    The Eternals could have Apocalypse and Selene, Shang Chi could have Psylocke and Silver Samurai, Doctor Strange 2 could have Professor X and the Hellfire Club, Black Panther 2 could have Storm and Namor, Captain Marvel 2 could have Rogue and the Brotherhood, Blade could have Wolverine, Spider-Man 3 could have Iceman, Jubilee and Kitty, etc....
    A picture would last longer darling...

I do too. Have faith that they can make it work naturally, I mean; slow rolling mutants into the MCU and building to something big with the X-men.

I’ll be honest... that first *SNIKT!* in the MCU is going to be epic. Like Old Man Logan popping his claws for the first time in 50 years level epic. At least to me...

Attachment 96049

Can’t wait!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Interesting. As much bad as there was in the Ultimate Universe, there was some good, especially with the X-Men. And the bad stuff could be tweaked or ignored.
    Make Good Art

It's going to be really odd for Captain Marvel when she meets Mystique in her true form. Carol's biggest adversaries have been the blue-skinned Kree and the shape-shifting Skrull. And then she finds her arch enemy is a blue-skinned shape-shifting woman from Earth.

BANNED

that sounds terrible, couldnt think of a worst possible introduction to so many new things.

Considering their slate is full until like late 2022 or 23, I hardly think this would serve as the introduction to so many new things. Instead they’d be doled out over time, via other films and Dis+ shows, and this would be built towards. In Feige I trust honestly. If this is what they’re planning, I have no doubt they’ll get there in due time and with the appropriate amount of buildup for it.

Astonishing Member

If this is how the xmen enter the mcu..... god have mercy on is.

I seriously think some of you are taking the “loosely based on Ultimatum” part a bit too literally. Civil War, The Winter Soldier, Infinity War, etc., were very far afield of the comic book versions of those stories, and this would likely be no different. So forget “Ultimatum” and think more “Magneto and Doom as major villains.”

That has to excite people.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-28-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Quicksilver died in 2015. Magneto going on some rampage over 10 years later doesnt work for me. Its a poor motivation and not the best way to introduce Magneto especially since said relationship with Pietro has never played out. Who is he getting revenge on? Pietro died in battle bc of the Ultron attack. If anyone is to be held responsible for that it would be Ultron and by proxy Tony for being core to his creation. Tony's already dead so Mags would be raging for no valid reason

No Magneto. Thanks.