Page 291 of 325 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4870

The worst thing it could happen is that if Wolverine takes all the spotlight of the x-men if he joins the Team in the mcu as well

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    No Magneto. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The worst thing it could happen is that if Wolverine takes all the spotlight of the x-men if he joins the Team in the mcu as well
    yeah. Charles, Magneto, Logan...we got our share of that already. Obviously they're major players in the franchise and cant just be brushed over but I'd be miffed if they were essentially made the focus again. The MCU gets flack for being a bit derivative and it makes my skin crawl to think of Charles/Erik basically being written as the X-Men's Steve and Tony. Come to think of it We'll probably see Scott and Logan written that way....

Wolverine will be a big presence. Just as Captain America, Iron Man and Thor were big presences in the Avengers films. You’re just gonna have to get your head around that. But hopefully he doesn’t blot everyone else out, and I don’t think he will. Marvel seems to do a better job in juggling lots of major characters and giving them all moments and screen time.

Ideally Wolverine would be part of the "team" that everyone mentions but doesn't occupy screen time until the third act. Gimme X-Iconoclasts like Storm, Kurt, Emma and Dr. McCoy.

A Krakoa storyline needs people to rescue, after all.

lol I like Logan but I don't like Logan, Centre of All Things Mutant-Related ... he's an irreplaceable member of the team, key-word being team.

I agree the MCU movies have been good with screen time but they've also been pretty good at shafting key characters they invested time in building up and aborting interesting developments for no rhyme or reason , so I have a few apprehensions
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 04-28-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wolverine will be a big presence. Just as Captain America, Iron Man and Thor were big presences in the Avengers films. You’re just gonna have to get your head around that. But hopefully he doesn’t blot everyone else out, and I don’t think he will. Marvel seems to do a better job in juggling lots of major characters and giving them all moments and screen time.
    The Avengers did a good job of giving all the member decent focus with their own character arcs. They were juggled quite well despite getting an ever growing cast. That wasnt the case with the X-men films. The first three were disproportional focused heavily on Wolverine with very weak development for the rest and the First Class saga did the same for Magneto and Xavier. People dont want that again and would welcome the Avengers model, which was alot more balanced. Cap and IM, despite being th leads did not hog up 90% of the airtime

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Avengers did a good job of giving all the member decent focus with their own character arcs. They were juggled quite well despite getting an ever growing cast. That wasnt the case with the X-men films. The first three were disproportional focused heavily on Wolverine with very weak development for the rest and the First Class saga did the same for Magneto and Xavier. People dont want that again and would welcome the Avengers model, which was alot more balanced. Cap and IM, despite being th leads did not hog up 90% of the airtime
    I absolutely agree, but with the caveat that when Marvel was really cooking, there were solos and team films all cranking out decent stories. I don't think we met ANYONE new in Avengers that hadn't already been introduced in other films. Central X-Men have never been successful solo heroes, aside from Wolverine... and that's because he had a HUGE mysterious past and conflicts to draw from.

Have we discussed the unlikely possibility that we might have a Wolverine film before an X-Men one?

A better comparison would be to think of X-Men as ground-level GotG.

Wolverine is the most popular X-Men character. He must be in X-Men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Wolverine is the most popular X-Men character. He must be in X-Men movies.
    He is but some of us want to see some of the OG x-men Shine and have their momentos as well and not just being there to be his supporting cas

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    He is but some of us want to see some of the OG x-men Shine and have their momentos as well and not just being there to be his supporting cas
    Noone told that Wolverine will steal other characters showings. FOX time is over.

I absolutely agree, but with the caveat that when Marvel was really cooking, there were solos and team films all cranking out decent stories. I don't think we met ANYONE new in Avengers that hadn't already been introduced in other films. Central X-Men have never been successful solo heroes, aside from Wolverine... and that's because he had a HUGE mysterious past and conflicts to draw from.

Have we discussed the unlikely possibility that we might have a Wolverine film before an X-Men one?

A better comparison would be to think of X-Men as ground-level GotG.
    Scarlet Witch, Vision and Quicksilver were introduced in Age of Ultron

Black Panther and Spiderman were introduced in Civil War (that was an Avengers film)

Right, because I said Avengers. I figured I didn’t need to qualify it further.

But to be unnecessarily thorough, the twins were introduced in Winter Soldier and Vision was Tony’s AI Jarvis.

You’re right about Civil War though. I don’t think the concept of Wakanda was mentioned previously, though it may have been in TFA or AoS.

Actually the only *new* character introduced as a concept and character in Avengers was Hulk — who was already very well known to the public.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-28-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Right, because I said Avengers. I figured I didn’t need to qualify it further.

But to be unnecessarily thorough, the twins were introduced in Winter Soldier and Vision was Tony’s AI Jarvis.

You’re right about Civil War though. I don’t think the concept of Wakanda was mentioned previously, though it may have been in TFA or AoS.

Actually the only *new* character introduced as a concept and character in Avengers was Hulk — who was already very well known to the public.
    I dont think a 3 second teaser in a post credit scene qualifies as an introduction. The twins got their actual introduction in AoU

Vision is his own character and distinctly different than Jarvis

I realize you’re looking for hairs to split but it doesn’t change the fact that I wrote Avengers initially and meant Avengers initially.

I wonder how long the conceit of the school in Salem's Center would last. We've seen it several times. So many successive generations of "new" mutants at this point. Now it's the Krakoa era in the comics. I wonder if that would be explored.