Page 303 of 325 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Logan height wan never a problem for me. Age can be a problem in a long term plan.
    I agree. 100%. They’ll cast someone in their 30s I’m pretty sure. So they can have them around for the next 15 years.

BANNED

Logan height wan never a problem for me. Age can be a problem in a long term plan.
    Giving Logan something worthy to do in the long term plan is going to be a bigger problem than age and height.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Giving Logan something worthy to do in the long term plan is going to be a bigger problem than age and height.
    Logan has more then enought of great solo and team stories then any X-Man to tell.

I agree his height was never really that defining of a characteristic past the Giant Sized run. Ever since then they’ve been fudging his height depending on artistic preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    How so? He’s literally has tons of material to draw outside of Weapon X Fox hardly touched any of it.

Wolverine's height is a pretty important part of his character overall. Why would you choose Wolverine as a codename when you're tough, hairy and big? It also puts his hyper-masculinity into a different light. Plus, more short actors need action roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Wolverine's height is a pretty important part of his character overall. Why would you choose Wolverine as a codename when you're tough, hairy and big? It also puts his hyper-masculinity into a different light. Plus, more short actors need action roles.
    Wolverine as a codename works bc of his ferocity, which I feel like wolverine's are more known for anyway. IDA that his height is pretty important. Most times I dont think of it. When an artist draws him taller than his offical stats (which alot do), its not something that bothers me or takes me out of the story.

Fantastic Member

I actually think Fiege should reevaluate his timeline as far as the introduction of and movies for Xmen and FF. There's no need to sit and wait. MCU Xmen could be a completely different beast from the fox stuff and one way to distance the new from the old in at least some small ways is by selecting the right characters features and all.

I think Disney as well as the general public are hungry for content especially after this pandemic which I think will still be at play in another wave soon and we'll most likely see an increasing number of pandemic type outbreaks like this. Ideas should be flying, scripts should be getting approved, and everything lined up via skype, zoom, teams conference calls etc.

Getting us to big screen movie by 22 or 23 is much more palatable than hearing about some 5 year nonsense. Especially if its in hopes of some type of bad taste from fox going away because I got news for you lol the bad taste from X3 and Wolverine origins is still there. Plus these big acquisitions dont just happen overnight it had been years in the making so it seems that Marvel woyld have had a plan for the return of the Xmen and FF and just been ready to hit the ground running

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Ideas should be flying, scripts should be getting approved, and everything lined up via skype, zoom, teams conference calls etc.
    Do you really think they aren't?

I think you're underestimating how much time Marvel Studios spends on a project before announcing it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Do you really think they aren't?

I think you're underestimating how much time Marvel Studios spends on a project before announcing it.
    Youre entitled to your opinion but I dont think im underestimating anything maybe some are overestimating. Im just going by what's been said and maybe it changes or maybe I heard wrong but they can make mistakes they arent infallible and I think they have miscalculated some things in this regard. Seems to me the movie and tv industry has shifted more from a plan ahead- stash of content in a vault mentality to spur of the moment or as they choose to say a more fluid moniker. Ever sense the writers strike way back when. Thats my opinion

I don't want him to be as short as he's supposed to be in the comics (5"3), but I'd like to see something under 6 foot. My ideal candidate would be Joaquin Phoenix. You Were Never Really Here was basically him playing Wolverine imo and it worked absolutely perfectly. More of a fit than his Joker.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I actually think Fiege should reevaluate his timeline as far as the introduction of and movies for Xmen and FF. There's no need to sit and wait. MCU Xmen could be a completely different beast from the fox stuff and one way to distance the new from the old in at least some small ways is by selecting the right characters features and all.
    They have to wait since the current phase was made without the X-men.

I think Disney as well as the general public are hungry for content especially after this pandemic which I think will still be at play in another wave soon and we'll most likely see an increasing number of pandemic type outbreaks like this. Ideas should be flying, scripts should be getting approved, and everything lined up via skype, zoom, teams conference calls etc.
    That's all they can do at the moment. Just because they're not doing it in public doesn't mean it's not happening. But they're in a bind making new material during the pandemic.

Getting us to big screen movie by 22 or 23 is much more palatable than hearing about some 5 year nonsense. Especially if its in hopes of some type of bad taste from fox going away because I got news for you lol the bad taste from X3 and Wolverine origins is still there. Plus these big acquisitions dont just happen overnight it had been years in the making so it seems that Marvel woyld have had a plan for the return of the Xmen and FF and just been ready to hit the ground running
    Plans take years to execute and modify. They can't just shut down the MCU's projects for the X-men.

Let me also just say; I know J Phoenix won't be cast as Wolverine, but I've got such a great one off trilogy idea in my head for him. No dinematic universe stuff.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They have to wait since the current phase was made without the X-men.

That's all they can do at the moment. Just because they're not doing it in public doesn't mean it's not happening. But they're in a bind making new material during the pandemic.

Plans take years to execute and modify. They can't just shut down the MCU's projects for the X-men.
    Never said they should shutdown MCU projects for Xmen. But nevermind

Astonishing Member

I'm seeing a (decidedly sketchy) rumor flying around on Facebook that the initial team in the new X-Men movies will be: Cyclops, Havok, Marvel Girl, Storm, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird and Sunfire. Also, seeing some stuff about them being students at the school who go on missions with the Professor.

Now, take all this with a boulder of salt, but it isn't a terrible line-up. I could do without Havok and the whole thing could use another woman. But Thunderbird and Sunfire are interesting choices. I've said before that it was always a bad look that the second team of X-Men had three people of color on it and then promptly got rid of two of them. They never even got to be developed past that initial hostility that pretty much the entire team besides Banshee seemed to be sporting in those early issues. And if they're going with a younger student team, then I'm okay with that too. Despite the flubbing of the idea in X-Men: Apocalypse and how boring the concept was initially with the O5, I've always liked the whole teen X-Men concept. And it's pretty much always been part of the X-Men brand, just usually shunted off to a spinoff comic like New Mutants or Generation X.

So, if this comes to pass, I'm okay with it. I still kind of want Jubilee in the new X-Men movies, though.