Page 305 of 325 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 4870
    Astonishing Member

I have misgivings of Marvel handling X-Men,for me the first and second films as well as the fourth(first class) and fifth(DoFP0)were phenomenal.As was Logan,now I know there is plenty of avenue for levity through Bobby,Remy or Jubilee but I DONT want a cheesefest with the likes of Magneto and Xavier joking every scene.I dread that and it makes me doubt if we'll even get a good Xforce movie down the line.X Force is my favourite X-team and I love the Kyle/Yost iteration, which I want brought to film but I have a doubt Marvel will execute with their penchant for gags..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Hence making the very racist storyline that turned betsy into a dragon lady stereotype as the main one, like it was the correct idea that deserves to be further developed when it's origin is so virulently racist that even marvel has tried to move past it.
    Asian betsy braddock will forever be related to the body switch and all its terrible implications, the right answer is to cast kwannon as her own character and betsy as she was in the 80's.
    I agree....and I'm sure Marvel agrees as well....hence the return of the characters to their original bodies at the time of the merger....so Disney can use sexy ninja Kawannon and posh adventurer Betsy at the same time without trouble.

I would love love for Betsy to be the main female telepath on the team, not only because she's my favorite and would stand out, look wise, but also because I feel Jean needs a rest after the failed Fox attempts on the character.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree....and I'm sure Marvel agrees as well....hence the return of the characters to their original bodies at the time of the merger....so Disney can use sexy ninja Kawannon and posh adventurer Betsy at the same time without trouble.

I would love love for Betsy to be the main female telepath on the team, not only because she's my favorite and would stand out, look wise, but also because I feel Jean needs a rest after the failed Fox attempts on the character.
    same, emma can easly show up as a teacher/headmistress but outback betsy on a movie would be a dream

same, emma can easly show up as a teacher/headmistress but outback betsy on a movie would be a dream
    Yes! Emma in the same age as Professor in a rival school or as a villain in Hellfire Club....and Betsy as the Brit lavander hair, model, posh, action junkie princess telepath of the team.

Kwannon can be the older mysterious sexy ninja in an X-Force movie.

BANNED

Yes! Emma in the same age as Professor in a rival school or as a villain in Hellfire Club....and Betsy as the Brit lavander hair, model, posh, action junkie princess telepath of the team.

Kwannon can be the older mysterious sexy ninja in an X-Force movie.
    betsy's 1st encounter with sabertooth is like, the perfect one to introduce her

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Psylocke is their highest profile Asian character. She can be Kwannon.

Betsy and Brian don’t need to exist in the MCU. I’m willing to bet that neither a Captain Britain nor Excaliber are priorities for Feige.
    This is only true until Shang-Chi's movie comes out.

Betsy and Brian don’t need to exist in the MCU. I’m willing to bet that neither a Captain Britain nor Excaliber are priorities for Feige.
    She can be but lets be real; she will most likely go by Psylocke. Psylocke as Betsy Braddock has never really mattered in most of the apperances she's made outside of the books.

I want all the movies! And Disney+ seasons in-between! I want a Giant Sized journey through the greatest bits of Claremont canon over a decade or more. I mean, you could do a whole trilogy of films just in the Outback era( 1)Fall of the Mutant/take over the outback vs. Reavers, 2) Genosha 3)Inferno/disassembled), after you've already had two or three whole trilogies (first is a Krakoa type event to create the new international team, then maybe Night of the Sentinels(in NYC) leading into the Phoenix saga/World Tour era(triology 1, with a season of show to stitch it all together/deepen the characterization), then the Dark Phoenix Saga(during which the Reavers are essentially created by Wolverine's Hellfire Club massacre)(as trilogy 2, with Proteus, the Hellfire Club, and Shi'Ar adding further dimensions), then the Brood Saga followed by the Tokyo interlude(featuring Logan and Mariko, Ororo and Yukio, and introducing Rogue), the Morlocks, and vs. Mastermind, Scott and Maddie and Ororo and Forge, the leadership fight, the Mutant Massacre, and then everything leading up to the Fall of the Mutants....(as trilogy 3).

That's 9 whole movies before we even get to the Outback era proper. I guess in total I could easily see 15 films just from Claremont's original run (do reassembled/Muir Island, Shadow King saga, and Magneto's Acolytes as the last Claremontian trilogy). Then maybe one trilogy for the rest of the 90's(something Blue/Goldish, AoA, and Operation Zero Tolerance/Legacy Virus/Mageneto's Genosha?), one trilogy for the Morrison era(E is for Extinction/Cassandra Nova, Students/Riot at Xavier's/U-Men, vs. Xorn/No More Mutants), and then one trilogy for Utopia/Krakoa/mutant nation. So like, 21 movies. With maybe 7 seasons of show in-between. Not counting any spin offs(NM, Generation X, X-Factor, X-Force, etc).

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

betsy's 1st encounter with sabertooth is like, the perfect one to introduce her
    Oh yes! I always adored that action sequence...it feels so slasher movieish....would love seeing the live version of it.

Rumors are that Cap Britain will be introduced in Dr Strange 2. Excalibur with him and Psylocke are already rumored for D+ too.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Rumors are that Cap Britain will be introduced in Dr Strange 2. Excalibur with him and Psylocke are already rumored for D+ too.
    I wonder if they'll start off with Brian as Captain Britain but have Betsy replace him. I hope she gets a significant role. Considering Doctor Strange 2 is about the Multiverse, it would make a good tie-in and could spinoff into a Captain Britain film if he/she is liked enough.

Please no Asian Betsy. It's a very racist and outdated trope and it seems like Marvel has finally recognized that as well and is trying to pretend it never happened.

I would always want Jean in the MCU, but if she couldn't, Betsy is the only character I would think should take her place. Ideally I'd want both though. Jean as Phoenix with her firebird imagery and Betsy as the psychic knight with her butterfly are different enough to coexist imo. And Betsy has long been overdue as a main character in the films.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This is only true until Shang-Chi's movie comes out.
    We're on the X-books Forum talking about X-Men. I thought that was clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She can be but lets be real; she will most likely go by Psylocke. Psylocke as Betsy Braddock has never really mattered in most of the apperances she's made outside of the books.
    That's what I was saying? Full divorce of the Psylocke name from the Betsy Braddock character.

Astonishing Member

Hence making the very racist storyline that turned betsy into a dragon lady stereotype as the main one, like it was the correct idea that deserves to be further developed when it's origin is so virulently racist that even marvel has tried to move past it.
    That's on writing, not about casting.

Asian betsy braddock will forever be related to the body switch and all its terrible implications, the right answer is to cast kwannon as her own character and betsy as she was in the 80's.
    The implications are about a white woman possessing an Asian woman's body, which ends when they cast an Asian woman right off. This wouldn't be Ghost in a Shell.

What did you think about Olivia Munn in X-men: Apocalypse?
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 06-08-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's on writing, not about casting.

The implications are about a white woman possessing an Asian woman's body, which ends when they cast an Asian woman right off. This wouldn't be Ghost in a Shell.
    The problem is that even if Betsy in the MCU is always Asian from the beginning, the concept for that will stem from an outdated (if not outright racist) storyline and woke Twitter will have a field day when they discover Betsy's problematic origins. Much like how Nagini in the Crimes of Grindelwald got heavily criticized because they felt her casting reeked of Orientalism.

It's safer to avoid that altogether, especially when she started off intended as Chinese in the comics and then that was retconned as Japanese. I've heard Marvel is interested in Jubilee because she's Chinese American so she could still fill that demographic.