Page 306 of 325 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 4870
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The problem is that even if Betsy in the MCU is always Asian from the beginning, the concept for that will stem from an outdated (if not outright racist) storyline and woke Twitter will have a field day when they discover Betsy's problematic origins. Much like how Nagini in the Crimes of Grindelwald got heavily criticized because they felt her casting reeked of Orientalism.
    True, hadn't thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    True, hadn't thought of that.
    It's interesting because I heard that Priyanka Chopra was meant to play Psylocke in The Wolverine so it seems like Fox was interesting in making her Asian but specifically South Asian.

Fantastic Member

Guess i can see both sides. However the idea of a Japanese Betsy Braddock/Psylocke from the beginning appeals to me and it wouldnt be a white woman in an Asian's body. In fact its more diversity. Hell I for one always have wanted a half british half asian Psylocke and it couod be reflected in the origins. But if people want to just see it as a reminder of Marvel's mistake rather than more diversity fine I guess we'll go with tye Caucasian with purple hair

why not a woman with Asian and british heritage?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Why not a Brian Braddock with Asian and British heritage?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Originally I wanted Gemma Chan but she's unavailable.

Gemma Chan and Henry Golding are my perfect Braddock twins, but Gemma's already taken in the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Originally I wanted Gemma Chan but she's unavailable.

I still think that Olivia Munn was actually a good choice. They just didn't give her NEARLY enough to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I still think that Olivia Munn was actually a good choice. They just didn't give her NEARLY enough to do.
    She likes Psylocke a lot, which is a plus, but is she considered a good actress?

For a white Betsy Braddock, I have the following actresses in mind: Keira Knightley, Daisy Ridley, or Jodie Comer. Keira has already played an action heroine Elizabeth in Pirates of the Caribbean and she loved the physical elements of the role plus she's an A-List actress.

Daisy Ridley coming fresh off of Star Wars would be a perfect fit for Betsy considering her lightsaber training and Jedi mind tricks wouldn't be far off from Betsy's psychic sword and telepathy.

And Jodie Comer has taken Hollywood by storm as Villanelle in Killing Eve and can pull off an amoral telepath like the Betsy that Claremont first introduced in the 80s while also being able to pull off the physicality of a spy and assassin.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Why not a Brian Braddock with Asian and British heritage?
    Thats fine with me. In fact thats what I'd want

Yeah I can dig that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Guess i can see both sides. However the idea of a Japanese Betsy Braddock/Psylocke from the beginning appeals to me and it wouldnt be a white woman in an Asian's body. In fact its more diversity. Hell I for one always have wanted a half british half asian Psylocke and it couod be reflected in the origins. But if people want to just see it as a reminder of Marvel's mistake rather than more diversity fine I guess we'll go with tye Caucasian with purple hair
    I personally want Anya charlotra that plays yennefer on neflix's the witcher.
    For me it would always be a reminder, kwannon deserves to be her own character, so does betsy

Fantastic Member

For a white Betsy Braddock, I have the following actresses in mind: Keira Knightley, Daisy Ridley, or Jodie Comer. Keira has already played an action heroine Elizabeth in Pirates of the Caribbean and she loved the physical elements of the role plus she's an A-List actress.

Daisy Ridley coming fresh off of Star Wars would be a perfect fit for Betsy considering her lightsaber training and Jedi mind tricks wouldn't be far off from Betsy's psychic sword and telepathy.

And Jodie Comer has taken Hollywood by storm as Villanelle in Killing Eve and can pull off an amoral telepath like the Betsy that Claremont first introduced in the 80s while also being able to pull off the physicality of a spy and assassin.
    I like Jodie Comer for Emma Frost

I would totally support Daisy Ridley as Betsy Braddock, if Marvel wanted to go with her British look. I think she'd be great for that role. I think that role would fit her perfectly. If not her, Keira Knightley would be a close second in my book.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.