Page 32 of 325 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jopi View Post
    Do you think the Gambit movie will be still made, now, that Disney bought Fox?
    I don't think it would have been made in any case.

Poor Remy. Didn't make it into Fox' X-Men movies (well, besides that crappy Wolverine cameo one) and now it is unlinkely I'll see him on the big screen in the foreseeable future :/ Maybe the MCU...

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

A gambit solo movie might eventually get made but its highly unlikely it's gonna be the one Fox was working one

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Who cares about the past now. This thread is about the future of the franchise. Let the winds of change sweep away the old and usher in the new!
    Based on statements, some of the potential new does include new installments in the current series (e.g. more Deadpool and New Mutant films, X-23 and Kitty Pryde spinoffs, etc.). Now, they could get pulped or remade as MCU stuff (I could live with the latter), but we may not be quite at the end yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Also, X2 was hailed as the greatest superhero movie of it's time? In a world where Sam Raimi's Spider-Man didn't exist, sure. Both Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy are generally better received than Days of Future Past. Only Logan one holds. Even then, the fact that Logan doesn't even like to associate itself as a superhero movie...
    From what I've seen, all those movies are generally considered some of the best in the genre and/or of their series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I think they should hire a female director, Russo's, or Ryan Coogler. He loves X-MEN.

But honestly whoever they get will be the best.

Directors are going to be fighting each other over who gets to finally reboot the X-MEN.
    It's so exciting, after all this time, they might do it right!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Jopi View Post
    Poor Remy. Didn't make it into Fox' X-Men movies (well, besides that crappy Wolverine cameo one) and now it is unlinkely I'll see him on the big screen in the foreseeable future :/ Maybe the MCU...
    I'd rather wait until the MCU takeover than introduce into what's basically a dead-man-walking-universe. There's no future with the Fox movies and if it's that much trouble to get off the ground, let's just wait for Feige to take over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'd rather wait until the MCU takeover than introduce into what's basically a dead-man-walking-universe. There's no future with the Fox movies and if it's that much trouble to get off the ground, let's just wait for Feige to take over.
    Assuming Marvel reboots and doesn't just put the existing universe under their direct oversight, then uses multiverse shenanigans to integrate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Assuming Marvel reboots and doesn't just put the existing universe under their direct oversight, then uses multiverse shenanigans to integrate them.
    Right, true. But I have serious doubts about that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    They're rebooting. It's obvious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    They're rebooting. It's obvious.
    No, it's really not. Until we know what Marvel's plans are FROM MARVEL THEMSELVES, then EVERYTHING is just speculation at this point (and the closest we DO have as to their intent is Feige's remarks suggesting the Deadpool franchise may not be interfered with, and even that is too vague to make any informed guesses about).

All-New Member

Can't see any argument for Marvel to tie themselves down by trying to incoporate the existing Foxverse, especially since many of the most commercial and marketable parts of that universe (Obviously Hugh Jackman Logan above all, but also JLaw Mystique, to some degree both Fassbender/McAvoy and McKellan/Stewart) are played out now anyway.

It makes a lot more sense to reboot the whole thing with their own cast, tying into the MCU from the beginning and with actor contracts they can control from scratch. (I also wouldn't be at all surprised if they deliberately moved away from the stuff covered by Fox; no Dark Phoenix, no Magneto in the first movie, maybe even wait a bit to introduce Wolverine.)

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I feel bad for Wolverine12.
    Yes, he's probably my favorite mod on here. I try to keep things on-topic but I've fallen into the Fox vs MCU fray from time to time. It's easy to do but I think we need a contained thread to discuss the up and coming X-Men on film possibilities. I could see the mods moving anything that has to do with film to the film forum here but that would take time because these threads keep popping up like crazy in the X-books but if I were a mod that's probably what I'd do, honestly. That said there's been a huge Dark Phoenix speculation thread for some time here so I guess x-film stuff is ok in the x-books forum. People come here for anything and everything X-Men from what I've seen. Sorry, just some thought vomit.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto Rocks View Post
    It makes a lot more sense to reboot the whole thing with their own cast, tying into the MCU from the beginning and with actor contracts they can control from scratch. (I also wouldn't be at all surprised if they deliberately moved away from the stuff covered by Fox; no Dark Phoenix, no Magneto in the first movie, maybe even wait a bit to introduce Wolverine.)

I wonder how many films the new X-MEN will be signed to. Hopefully at least 5 picture deals
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto Rocks View Post
    Can't see any argument for Marvel to tie themselves down by trying to incoporate the existing Foxverse, especially since many of the most commercial and marketable parts of that universe (Obviously Hugh Jackman Logan above all, but also JLaw Mystique, to some degree both Fassbender/McAvoy and McKellan/Stewart) are played out now anyway.

I don’t think it’s a smart move at all to reboot the Deadpool/X-Force films. They don’t have to incorporate that into the MCU, just say it happened in one of the universe Doctor Strange mentioned and just reboot the main line X-films.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I don’t think it’s a smart move at all to reboot the Deadpool/X-Force films. They don’t have to incorporate that into the MCU, just say it happened in one of the universe Doctor Strange mentioned and just reboot the main line X-films.

It's jmo but I think only Ryan Reynolds character will survive the merger. Maybe Dopinder & Blind Al too
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.