Page 323 of 325 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325 LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No, Ultimate Storm had been approached by Magneto, but she turned them down. I'm sick of trying to shoehorn Ororo into a villain role(coughApocalypsecough). If they introduce Ororo in a BP film, I don't want her to be a love interest(MCU has been horrible with love stories, in my opinion, especially in terms of the female partners). Do it as Lord Claremont wrote it: Ororo saves T'Challa out of the blue, they have a brief moment, and they part ways due to conflicting obligations.

Honestly, last I heard Chadwick wasn't very happy with his MCU situation, so I wouldn't doubt if they end up promoting Shuri to BP sooner than later. I think BP2 could be a great place for Ororo to debut in the MCU as a featured cameo, but I don't want her narrative too much folded into Wakanda. I want to see her become the leader of the X-Men.
    I couldn't’ remember honestly if she had joined the Brotherhood briefly or just been approached by them in Ultimate X-men. But I don’t mind her having some darkness in her past. She was a thief as a child after all. Gives her a little edge IMO. And makes things like her beating Callisto in hand to hand more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I couldn't’ remember honestly if she had joined the Brotherhood briefly or just been approached by them in Ultimate X-men. But I don’t mind her having some darkness in her past. She was a thief as a child after all. Gives her a little edge IMO. And makes things like her beating Callisto in hand to hand more believable.
    I have no problems with her canonical past being explored correctly, but I don't think anyone would qualify a kindergartner orphaned by war picking pockets to survive, and making the conscious choice to leave that life at 11 years old, as a 'villain'. Yes, she has edges, but the Fox films never explored her background or capacities with any degree of efficacy. I mean, even in Apocalypse, where she was clearly a post-pubescent 16-18 year old. even with the use of her powers, she was the worst thief in history and had to be saved by Poccy.

6 year old comic Ororo almost eluded Charles Xavier, even when he was using his telepathy to follow her. 10/11 year old comic Ororo was like a super-thief; coming down ropes from the ceiling, disabling laser grids, and picking locks with her toes. If you want to explore Ororo's time as a thief, at least have the decency to show her as the accomplished thief she was, and explain the circumstances under which she came to be in that situation(20 years of movies under Fox, and they never explained how she was orphaned or explored her claustrophobia; criminal mischaracterization. We saw Jean, Scott, Xavier, Mystique, and of course Logan and Magneto's childhoods several times, but nothing for Ororo)!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Armie Hammer as Cyclops
    Rami Malek as Nightcrawler
    Milo Gibson as Wolverine -- I mean if he HAS TO be in the film
    Florian Munteanu as Colossus
    Dylan O'Brien as Iceman
    Gaspard Ulliel as Gambit
    Lily James as Rogue
    Sophie Turner as Jean -- hate me all you like, I thought she was terrific
    Anacostia Quartermaine as Storm
    Freddie Stroma as Angel
    Anya Taylor Joy as Magik -- it was perfect
    Olivia Dudley as Emma Frost
    Kacey Rohl as Kitty Pryde
    A few changes
    Wolverine -Charlie Hunnam
    Gambit- Francois Civil
    Storm - Jessica Sula
    Nightcrawler -Edeen Bugheloo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Armie Hammer as Cyclops
    Rami Malek as Nightcrawler
    Milo Gibson as Wolverine -- I mean if he HAS TO be in the film
    Florian Munteanu as Colossus
    Dylan O'Brien as Iceman
    Gaspard Ulliel as Gambit
    Lily James as Rogue
    Sophie Turner as Jean -- hate me all you like, I thought she was terrific
    Anacostia Quartermaine as Storm
    Freddie Stroma as Angel
    Anya Taylor Joy as Magik -- it was perfect
    Olivia Dudley as Emma Frost
    Kacey Rohl as Kitty Pryde
    Love those choices. Not sure about Dudley as Frost, but I'd like her to be someone in the MCU. If I had pick an actress from the Magicians for Frost it'd be Summer Bishil.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    A few changes
    Gambit- Francois Civil
    Storm - Jessica Sula
    I've never heard of Civil but he definitely has the look
    Make Good Art

I’d go with Milo Gibson over Charlie Hunnam for Logan. Younger and resembles the character more physically.

All-New Member

I think the MCU X-Men will focus more on cosmic adventures, at least for the first few movies, that way they'd be pretty different from the Fox movies. Also my dream movie is X-men vs The Brood, it'd be an Aliens rip off but with the X-Men, I really hope it happens

New Mikey Sutton rumor:
    Beast to be introduced in D+ Agents of Sword TV Series.

Earlier Sutton also told that Kitty Pride will be introduced in that show.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I try to imagine other actresses and I just can’t. Michaela has such a presence onscreen, she’s so unusually beautiful, the camera loves her face so much... everyone else just fucking pales. There are models and actresses who are more typical but they don’t have her level of intensity or charisma. I don’t think anyone BESIDES her could carry a mutant action film. We need a RDJR for the X-Men and just say no to Wolverines.
    Oh. My. God(dess).

I've always loved Michaela Coel (everyone should watch her fabulous show Chewing Gum) but I didn't really think of her as Storm until you just. said. it. And now I can't imagine anyone else in the role.

She’s pretty short at 5’5”, though I’m not one of those for whom height really matters. For her or Logan. Some folks, however, view that as a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    She’s pretty short at 5’5”, though I’m not one of those for whom height really matters. For her or Logan. Some folks, however, view that as a big deal.
    That's the only strike against her in my book. I'd love a woman 5'8" or taller, but I'd love someone with Coel's looks and talent more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    A few changes
    Gambit- Francois Civil
    Storm - Jessica Sula
    I can get into Francois Civil but I stand by my original choices for the rest. haha.
    The actor you posted for Nightcrawler isn't even registering for me on google image?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That's the only strike against her in my book. I'd love a woman 5'8" or taller, but I'd love someone with Coel's looks and talent more.
    And it’s not like they can’t use lifts and camera angles to make her appear taller. Same with Logan. Just get a guy under 6’ who has the right stocky build and acting chops, and you can make him appear shorter relative to the other characters. The actor doesn’t have to be literally 5’3”. Some get really hung up on that though.

Warwick Davis would make a great height accurate Logan.

Yeah. Gaspard Ulliel would be a perfect Gambit. The problem is that he will be too old to play Remy when it is time for MCU X-Men. He is 35 now.