Page 38 of 325 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    People were rooting for Disney to get the rights back because the team movies have been mediocre, and not really faithful to the characters or stories they are trying to tell.
    You're talking about something completely different. People ON THIS FORUM were rooting for the Fox films to FAIL, and that's no less petty than you're accusing Franchise of being. So don't try to dismiss or disguise this pot and kettle BS.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Kinda stuff I'm talking about right here.

MCU fans dont even want Fox movies to come out. Its not enough to actively destroy what I like and turn it into something completely unrecognizable, but you dont even want me to have it at all period.
    this thread isn't about foxmen or the current movies to be released. its about the future of the franchise. I know there are many who dont like the merger; however, this isnt the thread for those focused on the foxmen nearly 20 years of mediocre films. please dont let your desire to discuss foxmen result in this thread to be closed. there are people who would like to discuss the many positive places the franchise can go from here.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-23-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

franchise, you can't predict the future. Gunn just got let go, we have no idea what a future X-Men movie will be like. This thread is for that speculation, if the last two Marvel movies were moving into the right direction for you specifically, why not at least reserve judgement until an MCU X-flick has been made? C'mon...

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    franchise, you can't predict the future. Gunn just got canned, we have no idea what a future X-Men movie will be like. This thread is for that speculation, if the last two Marvel movies were moving into the right direction, why not at least reserve judgement until an MCU X-flick has been made? C'mon...
    Because of everything I stated in my above post.

Because I feel that Fox was already doing it *right*, and far better than Marvel has shown they are capable of doing.

Fox is the studio that released X-Men, X2, First Class, The Wolverine, Days Of Future Past, and Logan. All movies which I feel are better than the entirety of the MCU combined.

I would even take X-Men: Apocalypse over anything the MCU has to offer personally. I thought it was a damn near perfect depiction of X-Men on screen.

If this thread is for speculation, then I am speculating that the movie is going to be far inferior to what I've already gotten for 18 years. A huge step backwards that neglects everything I love about X-Men in the first place.

And I have 18 years of X-Men movies and 10 years of MCU movies to come up with my conclusion that X-Men are better with Fox than they are with Disney.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Or Legion or the characters Gifted? What is this nonsense about Wolverine, Magneto, and Mystique only matter? You need to rewatch X2 that made a superior Pyro.

I sense strong intellectual dishonesty from both sides.
    I wasn't counting Deadpool in with the X-universe. I think he's in his own world, a world dictated by Ryan Reynolds. Remember, if not for him, the brains behind the X-universe were ready to never bring that film to us.

If your best counter-argument is "What about Pyro?"......well, doesn't that say a lot by itself?

Incredible Member

The franchise makes metaphors of those struggles, which isn’t exactly the same actually touching on the real deal.

He’s been long gone for over a year now. You didn’t hear the news?
    Look up his IMDB page and look at the producer of the upcoming Dark Pheonix film and tell me that. Also the TV show Gifted and Legion.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 07-23-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Because of everything I stated in my above post.

Because I feel that Fox was already doing it *right*, and far better than Marvel has shown they are capable of doing.

Fox is the studio that released X-Men, X2, First Class, The Wolverine, Days Of Future Past, and Logan. All movies which I feel are better than the entirety of the MCU combined.

I would even take X-Men: Apocalypse over anything the MCU has to offer personally. I thought it was a damn near perfect depiction of X-Men on screen.

If this thread is for speculation, then I am speculating that the movie is going to be far inferior to what I've already gotten for 18 years. A huge step backwards that neglects everything I love about X-Men in the first place.

And I have 18 years of X-Men movies and 10 years of MCU movies to come up with my conclusion that X-Men are better with Fox than they are with Disney.
    I'm going to internet hug you bro...ready? Here comes...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Look up IMDB and look at the producer of the upcoming Dark Pheonix film and tell me that.
    That movie went into production over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Tell that to all the others who have been actively rooting for Fox to fail so they would "give back the rights" before the buy out was a thing.
    Fox hasn't been actively serving people with a product they like and some people just want to see the universe under one roof.Yeah it is petty but I can get it.

Cheering for Marvel X-movies to fail even before one movie is made and you don't even get to see results is stupid. Especially since Disney bought Fox meaning that people and assets from the former will be kept .There is petty and beyond petty. Thinking that nobody can make a better Xmen movie than people who made Xmen 3 and Xmen Apocalypse and thus want it to fail is beyond petty

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this thread isn't about foxmen or the current movies to be released. its about the future of the franchise. I know there are many who dont like the merger; however, this isnt the thread for those focused on the foxmen nearly 20 years of mediocre films. please dont let your desire to discuss foxmen result in this thread to be closed. there are people who would like to discuss the many positive places the franchise can go from here.
    It says "future of the X-Men on the big screen." Not, "Future of the MCU X-Men." So ANY speculation is fair game, INCLUDING that Fox will continue handling them under Disney's ownership a'la Sony.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I wasn't counting Deadpool in with the X-universe. I think he's in his own world, a world dictated by Ryan Reynolds. Remember, if not for him, the brains behind the X-universe were ready to never bring that film to us.

If your best counter-argument is "What about Pyro?"......well, doesn't that say a lot by itself?
    I don’t see how you can possibly think that after Deadpool 2 but either way Kinberg and Donnor are also producers on those films.

The franchise makes metaphors of those struggles, which isn’t exactly the same actually touching on the real deal.

He’s been long gone for over a year now. You didn’t hear the news?
    The franchise need not simply appropriate these struggles in heavy-handed metaphors, though. Simply by utilizing specific cast members to their fullest potential you can actually tell their story with direct correspondences to the real world that will resonate with audiences powerfully. It's when you use only white men as the primary leads, and take away all significance from the female characters and people of color, that the metaphor becomes impotent(as we see in the Fox films).

As for Singer, unfortunately his name will always be attached to the Fox-Men universe, top to bottom, from X1 and X2, to DOFP, to Apocalypse, and The Gifted. Starting over afresh in the MCU will be a much needed delineation from that predator's vision.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The franchise need not simply appropriate these struggles in heavy-handed metaphors, though. Simply by utilizing specific cast members to their fullest potential you can actually tell their story with direct correspondences to the real world that will resonate with audiences powerfully. It's when you use only white men as the primary leads, and take away all significance from the female characters and people of color, that the metaphor becomes impotent(as we see in the Fox films).

As for Singer, unfortunately his name will always be attached to the Fox-Men universe, top to bottom, from X1 and X2, to DOFP, to Apocalypse, and The Gifted. Starting over afresh in the MCU will be a much needed delineation from that predator's vision.
    If they can remove Brett Ratner's company from Wonder Woman they can remove Singer's name from any upcoming projects. The fact his name is still attached to Legion, Dark Pheonix is fuckin appalling.

BANNED

I don’t see how you can possibly think that after Deadpool 2 but either way Kinberg and Donnor are also producers on those films.
    Well of course Deadpool 2 happened....money talks. But these brilliant Fox people literally sat on a cash cow for years because they didn't trust Deadpool. That's just fact. They didn't make that movie until they got slapped hard enough in the face by fandom.

Marvel has had no such issue figuring out who to build movies around and how to build them. Marvel literally made Vin Diesel say three words and put the fat guy from Parks and Rec as headliners and made them into household names.

Marvel has never so thoroughly screwed up their movies they required reboots. They have not failed to build any character into star they have chosen so far. That includes the Guardians, Panther, Ant-man, all of the Avengers, Loki, Thanos, Winter Soldier, and I could go on. They are literally Midas Touch. Did I mention they don't have messed up timelines they are constantly ham-fisting story-lines into?

And you know what no X-men fan should forgive them for? They arguably took two of the most important characters in the X-universe and BUTCHERED their character arcs. For what they did to Jean Grey and Cyclops we should all be happy to give the franchise to someone else. (And they aren't even my favorites. I'd love a good Colossus, but I respect the role Jean and Scott have in the mythos. And they were butchered man)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

oooh yes to all of this especially the last part:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!