Page 40 of 325 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Disney's reported, most important reason for wanting to buy FoX, was to have more content for its own, upcoming streaming service. Something to keep in mind, to help keep eXpectations in check.

Can they clear the palate of movie-goers? It may actually be a long time before we see an X-Men movie under Marvel Studios for that reason. They aren't just going to crank out a movie willy-nilly. The X-Men should have a level of reverence above the Avengers. It's a strange, good time to be an older X-fan. We saw them rise into popularity over most comic book heroes in the 80's and 90's, fall from grace (being killed off, no merch, overrun etc) during the 2000's and are on the precipice of greatness again...how will it be handled?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Can they clear the palate of movie-goers? It may actually be a long time before we see an X-Men movie under Marvel Studios for that reason. They aren't just going to crank out a movie willy-nilly. The X-Men should have a level of reverence above the Avengers. It's a strange, good time to be an older X-fan. We saw them rise into popularity over most comic book heroes in the 80's and 90's, fall from grace (being killed off, no merch, overrun etc) during the 2000's and are on the precipice of greatness again...how will it be handled?
    Well, to play devil's advocate, the MCU did not wait long to pump out a Spiderman movie after they acquired that property. Even after there had just been two more Spiderman movies released.

Granted, they had a specific purpose for Spiderman in the MCU, so the question is....would a similar purpose cause them to quickly put the X-men in play?

For the record, I'd rather they let Deadpool keep doing his thing while they patiently built them in, but I wouldn't rule out a quick roll-out either.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    That is the great question. Can the X-Men franchise manage a 3rd great Renaissance(Giant Sized/Claremont=1, Morrison era=2)? I think its possible the Dis-Marvel acquisition could very well herald this 3rd peak, but it will be interesting to see how it manifests.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Just as important, how long will it take? Early 2020's, seems too soon. So likely closer to 2025, or around there. F4 won't suffer the same fate, tho. They'll get right on that, so they can have themselves some Doom. Even the fam themselves, I can see them embracing more readily, with a WHOLE lot of enthusiasm. They're probably gonna be more cautious, with the Mutants.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Well, to play devil's advocate, the MCU did not wait long to pump out a Spiderman movie after they acquired that property. Even after there had just been two more Spiderman movies released.

Granted, they had a specific purpose for Spiderman in the MCU, so the question is....would a similar purpose cause them to quickly put the X-men in play?

For the record, I'd rather they let Deadpool keep doing his thing while they patiently built them in, but I wouldn't rule out a quick roll-out either.
    It’s Sony that couldn’t wait since the rights have a time limit.

Most of major avengers have been playing the characters for years, RDJ and Chris Evans are pretty much done and other members who might be around are very expensive too. Marvel is looking for new(cheaper) faces to be stars and this point in Marvel is almost a reboot phase.Kevin Fegie said soon the MCU will be half females which pretty much can't happen without the X-men. The movie might be awhile off but as soon Avengers 4 they will probably have tie in to X-universe. It is most obvious way to bring in Xmen and FF with infinity gauntlet and when they bring back half of the universe. They several reasons to bring in the Xmen quickly into play.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-23-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Niffleheim

The two situations aren't similar. Sony owns Spider-Man while Marvel will eventually come to own X-Men so they wont need to operate under another studio's timetable. They can take their sweet time to introduce the x-men in the MCU after the merger

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    They are not going to bother getting right as they have already said they make original stories and the Phoenix Saga is not that long to warrant a trilogy or even a two parter.
    The Phoenix Saga only worked because it had such a long build up and if you take that away by trying to shove the entire thing into one movie it's going to be a horrible shit show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    The two situations aren't similar. Sony owns Spider-Man while Marvel will eventually come to own X-Men so they wont need to operate under another studio's timetable. They can take their sweet time to introduce the x-men in the MCU after the merger
    I tend to agree with you, but it's hard to know without having more info on the next phase.

Niffleheim

I tend to agree with you, but it's hard to know without having more info on the next phase.
    Maybe the next phase is going to be a 90's flashback . Almost all of their upcoming and announced movies seem to have something to do with time. Maybe we may finally get Kang as the next big baddie.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    The Phoenix Saga only worked because it had such a long build up and if you take that away by trying to shove the entire thing into one movie it's going to be a horrible shit show.
    Isn’t that what the 90s show did? I remember Jean becoming Dark Phoenix not long after becoming Phoenix.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Last I checked Dark Phoenix and New Mutants have yet to be released. So yeah, they ARE in the future, and fair game for discussion.
    they are not the future in regards to projects under the Disney umbrella so you would be absolutely incorrect.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    He’s been long gone for over a year now. You didn’t hear the news?
    His name is still attached to Dark Phoenix. He's not that gone.

BANNED

Not under Feige and the MCU. Yes, they are TV failures and the Netflix shows are fading in quality, but they are not the MCU.
    Iron Fist is actually one of the more popular Netflix Marvel shows going by Netflix's numbers.
    Comics fans and mainstream audiences don't always see eye to eye.

Defenders did flop though.