Page 42 of 325 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    New mutants is probably the only fox film that might see the light of day only because it showed a trailer and maybe halfway done.

I can see everything else getting stuck in development hell or being stealth-cancelled behind the scenes till the MCU think tank figures out what they're apprach is.

Some of the solo films like Multiple Man and Gambit might be reconcieved to fit the MCU. New mutants might be used the same way.
    X-Force starts filming in October and Disney can’t do anything until the deal is finalized in around 6-12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    One of the things the MCU has done so brilliantly is make good comics storylines into good or better movies. Civil War simply wouldn't have worked as a straight translation to film, what they did instead was much more effective. The same could be said for how they changed the motivations for Thanos. You see the soul of storyline, but they change the translation to adapt it better to film.

So I trust that we'd see a Phoenix Saga, but perhaps changed a bit to still tell the heart of the story, but in a way we might not expect. That freshness/unexpected angle might be the saving grace for that storyline. And all of their storylines really.
    The motive for Thanos didn’t exactly make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    The motive for Thanos didn’t exactly make sense.
    Especially now that Word of God confirms his finger-snap affected EVERYTHING, not just people. Y'know, including stuff that people EAT, so he pretty much didn't solve a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You kinda do need at least three or more movies to do it properly.
    You need one or two movies building Jean Grey as a main character that people care a lot for, without ever even hinting at anything Phoenixy.
    And then you have two movies: one for the Phoenix saga and one for the Dark Phoenix saga.
    Except people didn’t care about Jean before she became Phoenix. She was an incrediblely one dimensional character and didn’t even get a backstory until after she died.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-24-2018 at 07:01 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Especially now that Word of God confirms his finger-snap affected EVERYTHING, not just people. Y'know, including stuff that people EAT, so he pretty much didn't solve a damn thing.
    Uh...if wiping people out so they don't become over-populated was his goal (which...y'know...it was), wiping out their food sources sure helps prevent people from re-populating.

I hadn't heard that bit, though. Mind sharing?

X-Force starts filming in October and Disney can’t do anything until the deal is finalized in around 6-12 months.
    X-Force will film next summer due to Drew Goddard’s schedule. And it will be going forward even with the Disney acquisition. My guess is that Feige will have some loose involvement, but from what I’ve heard they’ll mostly leave the R-rated Deadpool/X-Force corner in the hands of Ryan (who is also a producer) and team.

Thanos could have just made more resources.

He could have just made more resources.
    That’s a great point. I think Steve Colbert raised it to Josh Brolin on his show. His reaction was comical...

...”Well, he didn’t think of that at the time.” Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    X-Force will film next summer due to Drew Goddard’s schedule. And it will be going forward even with the Disney acquisition. My guess is that Feige will have some loose involvement, but from what I’ve heard they’ll mostly leave the R-rated Deadpool/X-Force corner in the hands of Ryan (who is also a producer) and team.
    I never heard about the filming date being pushed back.

You don’t have my sources.

You’ll hear it.

BANNED

Except people didn’t care about Jean before she became Phoenix. She was an incrediblely one dimensional character and didn’t even get a backstory until after she died.
    I did not say the original stuff can't be improved upon. Stan Lee was terrible with female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Can they clear the palate of movie-goers? It may actually be a long time before we see an X-Men movie under Marvel Studios for that reason. They aren't just going to crank out a movie willy-nilly. The X-Men should have a level of reverence above the Avengers. It's a strange, good time to be an older X-fan. We saw them rise into popularity over most comic book heroes in the 80's and 90's, fall from grace (being killed off, no merch, overrun etc) during the 2000's and are on the precipice of greatness again...how will it be handled?
    The fall from grace started when Marvel made them unrelatable by making them an “endangered species”.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-24-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Announced projects from Fox have been discussed in this thread from the beginning. The fact is NO ONE knows what Disney has planned once the sale completes. It's ALL speculation. Hell, it's still speculation the sale will go through (however "certain" it may seem, it's still not impossible that the lawsuit may stop it, or the shareholders vote it down). And even if/when it does, it's going to take several MORE years to finalize, and as I said, Disney has already said that Fox will be running as usual. It's going to be at LEAST 3-4 years before we start getting any concrete information what their direction will be. And NO ONE has any more legitimate of an idea as to what that will entail as anyone else.

Disney may hard reboot. They may soft reboot. They may not do any sort of reboot at all and merge the universes whole cloth. Anyone who claims to have any better knowledge than anyone else is just plain full of themselves.
    Sorry but I think you're the one who's full of yourself here. First of all, no, the upcoming Fox movies haven't been discussed in this thread since the beginning. Maybe you're confusing this with some other thread that got closed, but you can check the first 10 pages here and see that ALL of them are about the Disney/Fox feat Comcast stuff only. At page 20+ the talk is still focused on the state of the merger.

Second, it's not gonna take years. What they originally said was gonna take 12-18 months was getting government's approval, and it ended up that they got it already. Then Fox CEO said it's gonna take just 6-12 months to get through other regulatory stuff outside the US and be all done:
    https://twitter.com/THR/status/1012026544615772160

I don't wanna be arguing about whether the deal will go through cause that's not the main point, but... Come on. At first it was "Maybe it's just rumors", then "Fox and Disney stopped talking", then "Comcast is gonna stop it", then after Disney announced it would happen it was "The government will stop it", then later it was "Now Comcast is totally getting it", then Disney came with a higher bid and it was "Comcast will have an even bigger one"... Nope either. Now it's "This random lawsuit that Fox said won't do anything will probably stop it" I guess...

This is one of those "Everything is possible! You don't know for sure" situations only in the same way that people say "Who knows, you may die tomorrow". It's not technically impossible, but it's not something you should be expecting.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-24-2018 at 07:49 AM.

BANNED

The mad titan?

BANNED

Has anyone seen x-men anime?I say start just like that.Phoenix happened,x-men are broken apart.Cyclops,wolverine,storm,emma,beast are in the team.

Or start from decimation.Someone like legion wiped out 98% mutant kind.That's why they're in hiding. It will be great storyline afterwords consists of messiah war,second coming & messiah complex,(maybe x-sanction),then AVX.

We were given plenty of resources to begin with Thanos is teaching balance by killing half he makes the universe see how better off the surviving half is and thus teaches his lesson about the importance of balance. If he just gave more resources we would learn nothing and eventually be back in the same place in his mind.