Page 47 of 325 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Will Feige get his phonecall tomorrow or does he actually have to wait with getting involed until the merging is properly finished sometime in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Sorry to double post but I just had to day I really like this idea.
    Thank you. I wanted to build a cross section of the MCU that sat between the lines and behind the scenes, that might be big enough for Xavier's corner.

To do that, I assumed 1950s SHIELD knew about mutants, and turned the ones they had into a late 1960-1970s fighting force with a roster than included Xavier, Magneto, Destiny, Mystique, Sebastian Shaw, and their enhanced handler Wolverine. They'd have done the SHIELD black ops that eventually transitioned into Ant Man, Wasp, and Goliath's adventures in the 1980s.

The Boston disaster is the Dark Phoenix event of the MCU. We never see the MCU Jean Grey, or witness her ascension and corruption. Instead of killing a planet of broccoli people, she obliterates the city of Boston. The Hellfire Club, including both its mutant Kings are presumed dead, as well as Charles himself. The surviving X-Men would include Storm, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Beast, Colossus, Psylocke, the rescued White Queen, and the seemingly immortal Wolverine.

The first X-Men film opens several years later, as Storm is now headmistress of the Charles Xavier Academy. Teachers and students fight Magneto's surviving Acolytes, Sentinel robots, and the Master Mold on Krakoa. Wolverine is only mentioned until the third act, and Cyclops doesn't appear until the mid credits scene.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No, the thread wasn't created for that. You're not the one who created it. As a mod you have the right to change the purpose of the thread and so I have and will to accept this decision that now the thread can be used to talk about the upcoming Fox movies, but that doesn't change the fact that the person who actually first created the thread made it to talk about the merger and that's what was discussed at first. Nothing to do with my reading comprehension skills.

Dude don't argue this.

The OP credited me in his OP because my original thread got trolled by the FOXMEN fan then the mod nuked it. My Original Thread wasn't about FOXMEN cuss I can't stand it.

Let's just discuss this stuff in the MCU thread
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Ok so here's my thought on the matter - If we're going to have Fox and MCU X-Men discussion in the same thread it's going to be hard to maintain civility as this is obviously a sensitive subject. A large portion of us are extremely excited about the merger, myself included. But that shouldn't mean we rub salt in the wound. Folks like Franchise are obviously pretty sour about it, don't respond with salt. Makes it worse. At this point we aren't changing the other side's minds.

I truly feel like this is the beyond good for the X-Men, some people disagree and that's fine, let us be patient and watch the unfolding events and they'll come around. I believe that 100% despite what they say about being done. It's just emotion right now y'all. Just be patient.

If the Phoenix movie is involved in this thread so be it, but its time here is limited. That said so is this thread in purpose. Sooner or later we'll need a purely MCU X-Men discussion thread because that's where we're headed. Looks like child of the atom already has one picked out.

Now we wait for some claws to get popped in some teaser or stinger in the next 2-3 years...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Shareholders are already in favor of the deal. The deal CLOSES tomorrow, after the shareholder votes.
    Yes, and color me as overcautious, but I'm of the mind that ya...

... 'cause...

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Will Feige get his phone-call tomorrow or does he actually have to wait with getting involved until the merging is properly finished sometime in 2019?
    And, from the SyFy.com link I posted earlier:

... With the merger expected to go into effect by late 2019, what will happen to the Fox Marvel properties already in production or development?...
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-26-2018 at 08:22 AM.

BANNED

Fast-track a new, high-end animated X-men series in the meantime, DizPixMar/FoxWars, ASAP!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-26-2018 at 08:32 AM.

My thoughts in regards to the change in ownership of the franchise:

"Change is like death. You don't know what it looks like till you're standing at the gates." - Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Excited. I do like the Fox-Men films, but it is time they join the MCU. Also it is time for perfect casting. I'm excited to see what Kinberg does as he sends his X-Men off.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-26-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That was debunked by a trust worthy source.

https://scontent.fewr1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b5&oe=5BCA907F

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This is GREAT news!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    This is GREAT news!
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    That was debunked by a trust worthy source.

https://scontent.fewr1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b5&oe=5BCA907F
    Debunked.

10chars

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Debunked.

10chars
    guess we will find out after the vote now shall we.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Pretty naive to think that they would cancel movies so far in development.

But well, internet eh?

I can't see the logic in outright canceling the horror mutant movie. I think it may go straight to blu ray or streaming though if they don't want to do a theatrical release. I don't plan on watching it ever so it's not even on my radar. Dark Phoenix, however, could and probably will result in a longer wait before they are introduced to the MCU. Possibly many years from now to let people get a proper palate cleanse from the Singer-verse.

I can't see the general public wanting a new X-Men reboot immediately after this Kinberg Phoenix movie, no matter HOW well it does. If it does extremely well then they go out with a bang, if it tanks then the X-Men will go out leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Either way Disney may wait some time, sadly. We'll realistically see a F4 movie before the X-Men, that is unless Feige has a brilliant way of introducing the mutants through his 'Phase 4' Infinity War fallout stuff.