Page 52 of 325 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I just read article and lol at this part.

Either he is lying or is wildly misinformed.
    that doesnt answer the question beloved. why does it matter the source? it doesnt make the rumor any less true or more false because at this point the majority of the people here if not all have no clue either way. it's a waiting game. the truth will become more apparent after the vote.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    On the contrary, I think everything that was said sounds “realistic”. There’s some truth found in every rumor, they don’t come from nowhere, makes sense to me Disney wants as much distance it can get from Foxverse, and relaunch the whole thing. Eternals basically came out of nowhere from the MCU, nobody saw that coming so it turning out to be a catalyst for mutants introduced in the MCU sounds plausible...
    He means that Disney still doesn’t own Fox until after additional regulatory approval outside the US, which will be done in half or full year from now. That’s why it isn’t very realistic.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-26-2018 at 05:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I recall people saying the same thing about the xmen rights going back to marvel. people made the argument that it wouldn't happen because of the success of the xmen films, including Logan. I guess the takeaway from that is something may not seem realistic but the never say never.
    What was unrealistic back then was Fox just selling the X-Men rights back to Marvel. That is what those discussions were about. But that's not what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What was unrealistic back then was Fox just selling the X-Men rights back to Marvel. That is what those discussions were about. But that's not what is happening.
    but that is exactly what is happening now more or less. so even that aspect being unrealistic is now a reality or soon to be a reality.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

He means that Disney still doesn’t own Fox until after additional regulatory approval outside the US, which will be done in half or full year from now. That’s why it isn’t very realistic.
    That, and after the sale goes through those movies are well over 200 million bucks of what then will be Disney's money. They're not just going to throw them away unless they really are way worse than Apocalypse .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but that is exactly what is happening now more or less. so even that aspect being unrealistic is now a reality or soon to be a reality.
    It's really not.
    Rupert Murdoch is selling all of Fox. That is not the same than a movie studio letting go one of their most precious properties out of the goodness of their hearts.

It is even entirely possible that any Marvel Studios X-Men films will be co-productions with Disney-Fox because those rights might just stay with Fox if Fox's contract with Marvel still holds up.

The source for that came from a forum post, likely by someone who recently made an account.
    Why does the length of time someone had an account on a website matter? I've been on CBR since 2004, does that increase the likelihood of a rumor I post being correct?

BANNED

Again, from SyFy.com, What does the Disney/Fox merger mean for the Fox Marvel universe?
    ... Dark Phoenix... bumped... to February 2019 reportedly to give Kinberg more time for significant third-act reshoots.

If all goes smoothly with those, there's a good chance that Dark Phoenix will see the light of day next February as planned. But you can probably bank on the film being the last to feature the current cast headed by James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Sophie Turner, and others. Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios will almost certainly want to reboot the X-Men their way, with a whole new cast and introduction that will ignore all the X-Men movies that came before.

But if Dark Phoenix's release is delayed again and Marvel inherits it, one of three things could happen: Marvel goes forward with a standard (if perhaps somewhat more low-key) release; it dumps the picture into Disney's soon-to-come streaming service; or least likely given its budget, it buries the movie in the vault and leaves it unreleased. Whatever happens, Dark Phoenix will serve, unintended or not, as the finale to the series of films started back in 2000 with Bryan Singer's X-Men.

The New Mutants

This is the only other Fox Marvel movie that has actually been shot — although reportedly up to 50 percent of what director Josh Boone has already put in the can could be overhauled. That is what has led to The New Mutants being bumped twice, from last April to February 2019, and then again to November 2019.

That potentially puts the film — which is said to be a horror movie variation on the X-Men universe — right in the middle of the merger, which could result in several different fates for The New Mutants.

With the movie already just tangentially related to the larger X-Men series, Marvel could take over the project and retool it even further, removing all X-references and making it a straight horror movie about a bunch of kids with terrible new powers. The picture could be released with the public at large never knowing it was once an X-movie (although the fan community would know the truth).

Or, if that path is not available, Marvel could choose one of the options discussed for Dark Phoenix: Put the movie on the Disney streaming service or not release it at all. Given its relatively lower cost compared to Dark Phoenix, those are more viable possibilities for this movie. We hope to somehow see it nonetheless, and hope it doesn't get lost along the way.

Deadpool 3 / X-Force

If there's any Fox Marvel character that's probably pretty safe right now, it's Deadpool. The Merc With a Mouth's first two movies have made more than $1.5 billion at the box office, the introduction of iconic characters like Cable (Josh Brolin) and Domino (Zazie Beetz) was warmly received by fans, and the formula for the movies — string together a relatively simplistic plot and let Ryan Reynolds do his thing — has clearly worked.

The hardest part is how to integrate the potty-mouthed, raunchy, hard-R antics of Wade Wilson into the decidedly PG-13 MCU. What the studio might do is keep Deadpool rolling along with just enough contact (a Deadpool cameo here, a guest Avenger there) to make it clear that everyone is now in the same continuum — sort of an expanded version of how the Deadpool movies have connected to the X-Men, in other words. Although there's no official word yet on Deadpool 3, Drew Goddard was signed long ago to write and direct the long-awaited X-Force movie, and we have a feeling that Marvel Studios will stick with that plan.
    These are the only 3 that matter, IMO. And I tend to agree with their assessments, especially these parts.

It's really not.
    Rupert Murdoch is selling all of Fox. That is not the same than a movie studio letting go one of their most precious properties out of the goodness of their hearts.

It is even entirely possible that any Marvel Studios X-Men films will be co-productions with Disney-Fox because those rights might just stay with Fox if Fox's contract with Marvel still holds up.
    now you are getting into semantics. it doesn't matter the mechanism by which disney got the fox properties and ultimately xmen back. all that matters is that they will presumably get the rights backs, which as you admitted people stated was unrealistic at one time.

and to your last point that seems unrealistic to me as this merger is expected to result up to 5000 jobs being loss. I mean anything is possible but that seems unlikely:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ox-merger.html

BANNED

It's really not.

This makes sense to me, I think Fox Studios and Disney Studios will stay independent of each other. With Snider staying as Fox Studios Chairperson and Horn staying as Disney Studios Chairperson.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Why does the length of time someone had an account on a website matter? I've been on CBR since 2004, does that increase the likelihood of a rumor I post being correct?
    Because that would indicate that it’s a troll account.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    This makes sense to me, I think Fox Studios and Disney Studios will stay independent of each other. With Snider staying as Fox Studios Chairperson and Horn staying as Disney Studios Chairperson.
    Fox will almost definitely stay an independent film studio this isn't Disney's first rodeo with buying a production studio. But they will most definitely over the next few years make sure any valuable I.P. they want is under Disney ownership and not a subsidiary just in case they ever want to sell Fox Studios down the road some day.

BANNED

In which case I think it's highly likely to see an arrangement where Fox manages the X-Films Sony-style simply so Disney can maximize its potential profit bucket. Being able to run 2-3 X-films a year alongside 3-4 core MCU films AND however many Spider-verse films once Sony gets their expanded 'verse kicked off has to be attractive to the accountants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    In which case I think it's highly likely to see an arrangement where Fox manages the X-Films Sony-style simply so Disney can maximize its potential profit bucket. Being able to run 2-3 X-films a year alongside 3-4 core MCU films AND however many Spider-verse films once Sony gets their expanded 'verse kicked off has to be attractive to the accountants.
    Keeping them separate will means we’ll get more movies a year. If they are combined as one universe, they will make less movies.
    We will lose 2 or 3 movies a year. I think one studio can’t make six blockbusters a year, but two studios can do 3 each. This is why Disney keeps Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar as separate studios.

Keeping them separate will means we’ll get more movies a year. If they are combined as one universe, they will make less movies.
    We will lose 2 or 3 movies a year. I think one studio can’t make six blockbusters a year, but two studios can do 3 each. This is why Disney keeps Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar as separate studios.
    so people really expect disney to keep the xmen functioning in a separate universe than avengers even though this is why fans have been wanting marvel to get the xmen AP that the could merge the universes? ok... I cant wait until all of this is finalized so can revisit who was right.