Page 53 of 325 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Nobody should believe Slugzilla. He’s always been a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Keeping them separate will means we’ll get more movies a year. If they are combined as one universe, they will make less movies.
    We will lose 2 or 3 movies a year. I think one studio can’t make six blockbusters a year, but two studios can do 3 each. This is why Disney keeps Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar as separate studios.
    Going by their track records

Fox X-Properties https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franch...t/?id=xmen.htm

MCU https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franch...d=avengers.htm

Why spend the money on two Fox X-Properties films a year when One MCU X-Men film could make you more for less investment?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Going by their track records

Fox X-Properties https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franch...t/?id=xmen.htm

MCU https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franch...d=avengers.htm

Why spend the money on two Fox X-Properties films a year when One MCU X-Men film could make you more for less investment?
    Some of those films only made more money because of inflation. It would be better to compare tickets sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Some of those films only made more money because of inflation. It would be better to compare tickets sells.
    Inflation doesn't work as an argument when the original Fox X-Men trilogy never made anything near Sony's Spider-Man with Raimi or the current Fox X-Men films making less than the MCU. X-Men where a money maker for Fox but never the money maker of Spider-Man or the MCU so why wouldn't Disney had it off to the A-Team?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Inflation doesn't work as an argument when the original Fox X-Men trilogy never made anything near Sony's Spider-Man with Raimi or the current Fox X-Men films making less than the MCU. X-Men where a money maker for Fox but never the money maker of Spider-Man or the MCU so why wouldn't Disney had it off to the A-Team?
    What does Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man films have to do with this? Speaking of which, each of those Spidey films sold way more tickets than Homecoming. If they were completely about money they would have brought back the Raimi series. Because those would make a billion today.

BANNED

What does Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man films have to do with this? Speaking of which, each of those Spidey films sold way more tickets than Homecoming. If they were completely about money they would have brought back the Raimi series. Because those would make a billion today.
    Given the Spiderman fatigue people were under at the time of Homecoming's release, it's surprising they even got close to the original Spiderman. You're omitting a ton of relevant context.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Given the Spiderman fatigue people were under at the time of Homecoming's release, it's surprising they even got close to the original Spiderman. You're omitting a ton of relevant context.
    Why do you think they put Iron Man in the film?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so people really expect disney to keep the xmen functioning in a separate universe than avengers even though this is why fans have been wanting marvel to get the xmen AP that the could merge the universes? ok... I cant wait until all of this is finalized so can revisit who was right.
    There maybe some references and some cameos, but not a full merged universe

The idea that Disney, in full ownership of all of Fox's Marvel properties, would cede control of the X-Men film franchise to a Fox studio instead of Marvel Studios is maybe the most absurd thing I've ever read on this entire website, and I've been here for a really long time.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The idea that Disney, in full ownership of all of Fox's Marvel properties, would cede control of the X-Men film franchise to a Fox studio instead of Marvel Studios is maybe the most absurd thing I've ever read on this entire website, and I've been here for a really long time.
    ok whew I thought I was living in a twilight zone or something lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    They have kinda of done that before back in 2014 with Big Hero Six. A Marvel brand film not by Marvel Studios.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-26-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

They have kinda of done that before back in 2014 with Big Hero Six. A Marvel brand film not by Marvel Studios.
    these things are not like for like. the xmen qnd the avengers share a universe why wouldnt dishey merge them? that just doesnt make any sense.

however I guess for those who like foxmen need hope. again time will tell.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    these things are not like for like. the xmen qnd the avengers share a universe why wouldnt dishey merge them? that just doesnt make any sense.

however I guess for those who like foxmen need hope. again time will tell.
    I can see them rebooting the main line films. But rebooting the entire franchise like Deadpool and X-Force wouldn't be a good idea. Even Spider-Man in the MCU didn’t surprise the Raimi films in ticket sells.

And I thought Jokerz79 was responding to another person’s post.

Big Hero 6 and X-Men are so not the same thing.