Page 54 of 325 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Big Hero 6 and X-Men are so not the same thing.
    I know. That’s why I said kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I know. That’s why I said kinda.
    It doesn't even work as kinda.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I going to say this as respectfully as I can because I dont want to be banned as others have in the past for doing nothing wrong. I would have also messaged you privately but since this was done so in a public forum I am inclined to respond in kind. Did I do something that has rubbed you the wrong way for you to think that a response such as the one you made towards me is acceptable? I wouldn't accept disrespect from a family member so I most definitely would not from you. You personally message me about not being snarky in my posts when I post memes about people being upset with the Disney merger (which is not personally attacking anyone or insulting anyone) yet you attack me personally by insulting my intelligence in regards to comprehending something as trifle as the future of the xmen on the big screen? The first rule on this website is the following:

BE CIVIL

Treat everyone with civility, keep the snark to a minimum, and do not insult other people. We cannot stress that last part enough: DO NOT INSULT OTHER PEOPLE.

How does it work when a moderator exhibits behavior he/she chastises others for? Are you purposefully wanting me to address you in a disrespectful manner because your endgame is to have a reason to ban me or are you trying to shame/bully me into no longer posting on this site?

Can you please lead by example and behave in a manner you would want others to display when on this board? I would greatly appreciate it and I say that with much respect even though you haven't afforded me the same courtesy.

and for the record you are absolutely incorrect about dark Phoenix and new mutants as the op makes it clear anything associated with the foxmen is of the past and this wouldnt be subject to this conversation (and seeing that you have closed threads in the past for these back and forth debates about fox/disney I'm not sure why you would want to interject something that was not in the op in the first place):

Folks, one thing is clear. No matter what the outcome is or which side you're on...Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner are*done*with the X-Men. No matter what happens, I'm looking forward to a MUCH better representation of the X-Men and a much needed reboot on-screen in the future.
    I afford you the same respect you afford other posters on this board. I've messaged you multiple times about your snark and poor choice of thread creation and I constantly have to delete your posts in multiple threads even after the pm's and honestly I'm fed up with you and how you behave. I'm also definitely not incorrect about the subject matter of this thread. You managed to prove my point above. While it is true that Singer and Ratner are done (and Ratner has been done for a while now) neither of them are directing Dark Phoenix or New Mutants. There are more than just those two people associated with those movies and again they are in the future. You have been guilty in the past and still currently engage in the type of posts that get threads shut down, which is making the same posts over and over about how you feel about Fox X-Men with out actually bothering to defend your position. I've given you a lot of lee way, that ends now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No, the thread wasn't created for that. You're not the one who created it. As a mod you have the right to change the purpose of the thread and so I have and will to accept this decision that now the thread can be used to talk about the upcoming Fox movies, but that doesn't change the fact that the person who actually first created the thread made it to talk about the merger and that's what was discussed at first. Nothing to do with my reading comprehension skills.
    The thread was created to talk about the future of the X-Men on the big screen. At no point was it ever expressly stated that it was solely about the X-Men in the MCU. See my response to Butterflykyss.

If the two of you have an issue with the way I handled this then maybe you should reflect on your posting habits. I've made multiple posts politely asking for posters to stop acting the way you two were acting. If you don't want to be called out, be nice, don't tell other posters what they can and can't post about in a thread unless it is a blatant rule violation and even then you shouldn't engage you should report it.

Have a nice day.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

now you are getting into semantics. it doesn't matter the mechanism by which disney got the fox properties and ultimately xmen back. all that matters is that they will presumably get the rights backs, which as you admitted people stated was unrealistic at one time.

and to your last point that seems unrealistic to me as this merger is expected to result up to 5000 jobs being loss. I mean anything is possible but that seems unlikely:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ox-merger.html
    Welp, there's some 17000 people that get to keep their jobs...
    I don't see what this tangent has to do with anything.

Ooooh, Galactus eh?

That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    In which case I think it's highly likely to see an arrangement where Fox manages the X-Films Sony-style simply so Disney can maximize its potential profit bucket. Being able to run 2-3 X-films a year alongside 3-4 core MCU films AND however many Spider-verse films once Sony gets their expanded 'verse kicked off has to be attractive to the accountants.
    You seem delusional, mark my words, that’s not going to happen. Idk why you’re under the impression that anything like that would...

Incredible Member

Disney is not going to shoot itself in the foot by releasing 6 Marvel movies a year. The most we are getting is 4. Otherwise they just end up competing with themselves, especially when they also release other Disney movies and now Fox property movies throughout the year.

4 already sounds like a lot.

BANNED

Hollywood is putting too many blockbusters out as it is.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's really not.
    Rupert Murdoch is selling all of Fox. That is not the same than a movie studio letting go one of their most precious properties out of the goodness of their hearts.

It is even entirely possible that any Marvel Studios X-Men films will be co-productions with Disney-Fox because those rights might just stay with Fox if Fox's contract with Marvel still holds up.
    now you are getting into semantics. it doesn't matter the mechanism by which disney got the fox properties and ultimately xmen back. all that matters is that they will presumably get the rights backs, which as you admitted people stated was unrealistic at one time.

and to your last point that seems unrealistic to me as this merger is expected to result up to 5000 jobs being loss. I mean anything is possible but that seems unlikely:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ox-merger.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    This makes sense to me, I think Fox Studios and Disney Studios will stay independent of each other. With Snider staying as Fox Studios Chairperson and Horn staying as Disney Studios Chairperson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Fox will almost definitely stay an independent film studio this isn't Disney's first rodeo with buying a production studio. But they will most definitely over the next few years make sure any valuable I.P. they want is under Disney ownership and not a subsidiary just in case they ever want to sell Fox Studios down the road some day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    In which case I think it's highly likely to see an arrangement where Fox manages the X-Films Sony-style simply so Disney can maximize its potential profit bucket. Being able to run 2-3 X-films a year alongside 3-4 core MCU films AND however many Spider-verse films once Sony gets their expanded 'verse kicked off has to be attractive to the accountants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Keeping them separate will means we’ll get more movies a year. If they are combined as one universe, they will make less movies.
    We will lose 2 or 3 movies a year. I think one studio can’t make six blockbusters a year, but two studios can do 3 each. This is why Disney keeps Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar as separate studios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The idea that Disney, in full ownership of all of Fox's Marvel properties, would cede control of the X-Men film franchise to a Fox studio instead of Marvel Studios is maybe the most absurd thing I've ever read on this entire website, and I've been here for a really long time.

Disney is creating a new company called "New Disney" after they absorb the FOX properties.

In connection with the proposed transaction between The Walt Disney Company (“Disney”) and Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (“21CF”), which will be effected through the formation of a new holding company that will become the parent of both Disney and 21CF and is referred to as New Disney, TWDC Holdco 613 Corp. (“New Disney”) will file with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) a registration statement on Form S-4 that will include a joint proxy statement of Disney and 21CF that also constitutes a prospectus of New Disney, which will replace the definitive joint proxy statement/prospectus which Disney and 21CF previously filed with the SEC on May 24, 2018 and mailed to their respective stockholders on or about June 1, 2018. 21CF will file with the SEC a registration statement for a newly formed subsidiary (“New Fox”), which is contemplated to own certain assets and businesses of 21CF not being acquired by Disney in connection with the proposed transaction. 21CF, Disney and New Disney may also file other documents with the SEC regarding the proposed transaction
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

The Vote is over both sides voted overwhelmingly for the merger https://deadline.com/2018/07/disney-...al-1202434925/

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Hollywood is putting too many blockbusters out as it is.
    I certainly can agree with that.

I don't even care about most of them anymore.

BANNED

Sale done

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Disney is not going to shoot itself in the foot by releasing 6 Marvel movies a year. The most we are getting is 4. Otherwise they just end up competing with themselves, especially when they also release other Disney movies and now Fox property movies throughout the year.
    They most certainly will if audiences will come out for it. People were already seeing X-Men and Deadpool separately.

If the MCU is the most profitable of their properties, they will release more of them and that now includes X-Men. This is a perfect time for them to introduce more single character films. We likely won't see an Iron Man film soon. But Marvel could release a Gambit or an X-23 film.