Page 55 of 325 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    But Marvel could release a Gambit or an X-23 film.
    Kyle is co-writing this with Mangold, and he's already been working with Marvel (Ragnarok, various animated properties).

I have a feeling they may opt to use X-23 in X-Force. If she stays in the R-rated corner with Deadpool, Cable, Domino, etc., it bodes better for her solo film chances IMO.

Not to mention it separates her from Wolverine in the broader, more family friendly MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They most certainly will if audiences will come out for it
    Come on, that would make a super hero movie every two freaking months.

The only thing they would accomplish with that is hurting a very solid source of income.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

One of the best parts of the upcoming X-Men reboot is we won't be getting Gambit, X-23, or Multiple Man solo movies for many years, if at all.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    One of the best parts of the upcoming X-Men reboot is we won't be getting Gambit, X-23, or Multiple Man solo movies for many years, if at all.
    Don't forget Shadowcat!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Speak for yourself. Some people are anticipating these.

Except maybe Multiple Man, that one was pretty out of left field.

But this is the exact sort of petty @#$% that's just going to set off another argument.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Kyle is co-writing this with Mangold, and he's already been working with Marvel (Ragnarok, various animated properties).
    That was 8 months ago. Are we sure that is still in the present tense? There are no hints of any X-23 project still being in the works.
    Mangold seems to have moved on to another project at Lucasfilm.

I think X-23 has a future under Disney. Like I said, though, it’s probably more in the darker, R-rated corner. Gives her room to run while Wolvie runs around in his spandex and shares screentime with the Avengers, the FF, and other X-men.

Extraordinary Member

My feeling is that Feige is probably smart enough to incorporate the new properties in the MCU without killing the franchise, but Disney may not be.

I mean they just fired one of his most important directors very suddenly. Not to get into the right or wrong of that decision, but it certainly can't have been good for Feige's plans for the cosmic side of the MCU. Studios tend to think short-term. I could definitely see Disney putting pressure on the MCU to release too many movies or get them out too fast or many other things that could go wrong, and he and the studio management may not be as friendly with each other now.

So I don't know how good/bad the future of the X-movies will be - my own prediction is that the bad movies won't be as bad as the worst of Fox, but the good ones won't be as good as the best - and I'm more looking forward to this for the complete end of the Fox/Disney war that affected the comics and other media.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    my own prediction is that the bad movies won't be as bad as the worst of Fox, but the good ones won't be as good as the best
    That's a very good way to put it. Marvel studio tend to often hit just that sweet spot between average and decent movie. You know, nothing bad, you're glad you watched it but kinda forgettable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Disney is not going to shoot itself in the foot by releasing 6 Marvel movies a year. The most we are getting is 4. Otherwise they just end up competing with themselves, especially when they also release other Disney movies and now Fox property movies throughout the year.
    So basically we the audience get screwed by this Disney/Fox deal. That means less MCU movies and less X-Men movies.
    Last edited by Raiders; 07-27-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    So basically the we the audience get screwed by this Disney/Fox deal. That means less MCU movies and less X-Men movies.
    Did we ever get 6 Marvel (x-men included) movies a year?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Did we ever get 6 Marvel (x-men included) movies a year?

No every time FOX tried to do 3 movies a year 1 (or 2 like this year got pushed back)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    So basically the we the audience get screwed by this Disney/Fox deal. That means less MCU movies and less X-Men movies.
    Can you imagine the movie landscape if MCU did 3, DCEU 3, Fox 3, and Sony 1-2 cape movies a year? Win for the hardcore comic fans but repetitive for the GA.