Page 56 of 325 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Did we ever get 6 Marvel (x-men included) movies a year?
    Since the MCU started it's been so far

2008: Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, & Punisher War Zone.

2009: X-Men Origins Wolverine.

2010: Iron Man 2.

2011: Thor, Captain America the First Avenger, X-Men First Class, & Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance.

2012: Avengers & Amazing Spider-Man.

2013: Iron Man 3, Thor the Dark World, & the Wolverine.

2014: Captain America the Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Amazing Spider-Man 2, & X-Men Days of Future Past.

2015: Avengers Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, & Fan4Stick.

2016: Captain America Civil War, Dr. Strange, Deadpool, & X-Men Apocalypse.

2017: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man Homecoming, Logan, & Thor Ragnarok.

2018: Black Panther, Avengers Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Deadpool 2, & Venom.

If not for New Mutants and Dark Phoenix Delays this year would had been it.

Deadpool 2 in 2018 as well ^^

Well the drama is over.

Like it or not the X-mens are finally home again.

I do not know if superhero movies will continue to be successful in a year or two but personally think it was better for X-mens and FF fans. Perhaps not so much for most consumers Monopoly is rarely a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    So basically the we the audience get screwed by this Disney/Fox deal. That means less MCU movies and less X-Men movies.
    That depends on how you look at it. I see the possibility of actually having X-Men movies, rather than Wolverine or Xavier/Magneto angst films. The latter seems to be pushing the current X cast out as much as they can manage. Why allow a scene of the new cast doing stuff into the film when they can replace it with more wangst that we have seen in pretty much every film so far?

The X-films really need to try making a movie with both an ensemble cast and NO Magneto, just once.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Wow. 2009 and 2010 were not great years for CBMs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Did we ever get 6 Marvel (x-men included) movies a year?
    Well no, but we will also get less of all the other big franchises that Disney and Fox owns.
    Because Disney now owns about 70% of the blockbuster franchises.
    Last edited by Raiders; 07-27-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Well no, but we will also get less of all the other big franchises that Disney and Fox owns
    I see what you mean. Fair enough, it's a good argument. To have different studios can help indeed when it comes to release more, and more importantly different, movies.

But well, as much as i love First Class and Logan, Fox does have quality problems. (not saying Marvel/Disney hasn't of course, but it tends to be more consistent)

So basically we the audience get screwed by this Disney/Fox deal. That means less MCU movies and less X-Men movies.
    Spreading them out is probably better for the quality overall, as well as the health of the genre. Oversaturation would be disastrous for super hero movies in general.

BANNED

NEW...

ANIMATION...

... LIVE ACTION...

... VIDEO GAMES!!!

BRING.
    IT.
    ON!

I'm more excited about games, merch and cartoons. Disney doesn't release too many movies/year like the other studios. It'll probably be a while before we see the X-Men make their MCU debut

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I'm more excited about games, merch and cartoons. Disney doesn't release too many movies/year like the other studios. It'll probably be a while before we see the X-Men make their MCU debut
    I agree, which is probably why we'll see the X-men and F4 appear in games or other media first. I don't think they'll be appearing in cartoons, though. For reasons I don't understand, those involved in Marvel Animation have expressed a lot of hatred towards the X-men. I think Steve Wacker has gone on record as saying he despises them and refuses to even talk to anyone who asks about them at cons. But I might be wrong about that.

For the time being, I think it's more likely we'll see things continue with Legion and The Gifted. From there, I think they'll show up in games and other smaller media. Hopefully, they'll find a place in the MCU and that's when we'll see some fresh merch as well. In any case, these are exciting times indeed.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Disney's streaming service neXt year, may change things, and open up new opportunities.

BANNED

Legion and The Gifted is under Marvel Entertainment not Marvel Studios, so they will not become part of the MCU.
    ME and MS don’t get along with each other.

Legion and The Gifted is under Marvel Entertainment not Marvel Studios, so they will not become part of the MCU.
    ME and MS don’t get along with each other.
    Yeah they won't ever be part of the MCU and even with everything going well we're at least 2 more like 3 years till an MCU X-Men film so those shows will be fine till at least till then and will be allowed to continue to build a syndication episode count IMO. After that Disney or Marvel Studios might want to end them to have no confusions with the eventual MCU X-Men but again that's years from now.