Page 6 of 325 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Disney pledges to divest assets if deal goes through to help regulation process:

https://www.fiercecable.com/video/di...s-if-deal-ok-d

BANNED

Mutants have also existed but only a few say 50-100 on earth and kept secret.

X-men worked in secret dealing with the odd mutant gone mad until after A4 the x-gene is increased somehow and mutants aren't secret anymore which makes magneto believe they should rule now.

X-men 1 should be Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Rogue, Storm and Gambit dealing with sentinels and brotherhood, magneto already leading genosha so small part.

Fantastic Four 1 - Set in 1962, Reed sends them into the negative zone gaining powers and face blastaar only to walk back out in modern day at the end.

Wolverine 1 is set in Canada with Dept H going after Hulk who is wondering the wilderness, Logan and hulk team up to fight marauders and maybe Alpha flight show up. ends with Logan quitting dept H after letting Hulk go free and goes to Xaviers.

X-men 2 - Same team from before but add in British Asian Psylocke and Wolverine, face off Sinister and his marauders who follow after Logan and Magneto becomes a dictator which leads to war with Apocalypse

Fantastic four 2 - Sue is pregnant with franklin and they set up baxter building in NYC, face doom and wizard with galactus cameo at end.

X-men 3 - Fatal attractions, X-men battle Magneto who is also fighting Apocalypse. Colossus is already a magneto acolyte and switches sides, magneto takes metal from Logan and ends with apocalypse dead and Magneto missing after Xavier wipes his mind.

Wolverine 2 - Logan leaves X-men to find himself and meets Jubilee and faces creed to the death.

Marvel Universe Onslaught - Xavier goes mad and cuts off NYC from rest of the World, kidnaps franklin and X-men team up with Fantastic four, Spiderman and Avengers to face Onslaught and Sentinels. ends with Avengers getting a reboot with younger actors in another world in avengers reborn.

Avengers reborn - Doctor strange, spiderman Captain Marvel and Panther try to bring heroes back to earth - New Stark, thor, Hawkeye, widow, Hulk and cap actors soft reboot.

I'm confused as to why people are coming up with all of these creative ways to explain why mutants haven't been introduced into the MCU yet. In the comics, mutants have been around for a long time, possibly since the beginnings of humanity (Apocalypse, Selene, etc) but they only came to be known about publicly sometime around the 60s (?). So why can't the same be true for them in MCU, just with modern times being when mutants are 'outed'?

I'd like for there to be relatively few mutants out there in the world, with Professor X and Magneto as some of the few who know about their existence and working quietly to recruit the few that they've located. Then some event (a big disaster) leads to the public becoming aware of mutants. The X-Men have already existed for a few years at this point.

As for the team, I'd go: Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat. The rest of the original members have moved on and are up to other things but make regular appearances (especially Jean and Beast). The sequel could introduce Rogue and others.

BANNED

Looks like DizMar's got the DoJ in their corner, as well:

ComicBook.com, Disney and Fox Deal Reportedly Near Antitrust Approval
    ... more good news is on the way for the investors of the House of Mouse.

Bloomberg is now reporting the Walt Disney Company's potential purchase of 21st Century Fox's entertainment assets is about to pass antitrust approval from U.S. regulators, according to sources who know about the matter.

The report states it could be an "insurmountable" obstacle for Comcast as they too seek to acquire valuable Fox divisions.

The United States Justice Department could approve the deal in two weeks time, according to the source...

... Disney countered with the $71 billion deal, a 50-50 split between cash and stock options, that was quickly approved by Fox as being the superior option. Insiders speculated that Comcast would again provide a counter bid, but with federal approval imminent it could be a moot point. ...
    And here is the referenced reporting, Bloomberg.com: Disney Is Near U.S. Antitrust Approval on Fox in a Blow to Comcast, all of it from just 3 days ago. Seems like a pretty positive development.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I still can't get over the fact that all these articles never say one thing about the rights for X-Men and FF not being transferable. Where did that rumor originate and is that all it is? Surely with 65b on the line Comcast would know if it wasn't getting the X-Men ahead of time...so it stands to reason that there is no such clause in some old contract from the 90's Marvel sellout.
    The story broke on nbcnews-dot-com (owned by Comcast) with a picture of McAvoy's Xavier and Fassbender's Magneto playing chess, LOL! Headline something like: *Who will win?* And they mentioned the FF and X-MEN rights prominently. I thought that was fairly cool! Glad Disney looks to be the winner since you first posted this message!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Since the MCU has already hinted at the Celestials(even if in a very different fashion from the comics) and there is a supposed Eternals film coming, why not just go with the official comic origin for mutants: the Celestials implanted the X-gene into humanity in the distant past, as an experiment. You can even flesh out this concept in the Eternals film, with the Deviants another offshoot. Apocalypse can be the Thanos for the X-Men line, and just dangle that mystery over the next decade until you get full Apocalypse in a Celestial Ship as the big bad towards the end, maybe mixing in some stargate type thing to bring the Celestials back to earth as a tie in to the usual MCU style. Galactus can be in the FF line and even hint at him knowing about the Celestials' plot and that's why he's trying to eat earth first! You could even go the Earth X route and say there is a baby Celestial inside the earth, and that's why the Celestials put the X-gene, Deviants/Eternals on earth, to protect their developing child.

As for why the mutants haven't been seen yet, just tie that in with the Infinity Gauntlet. When they undo Thanos's killshot, they rearrange something so the mutants are just now activating en mass, whereas before they were exceedingly rare and mostly regarded as legends/myths.
    I like all these ideas. A lot! Marvel comics came up with the idea first (was it Roy Thomas?), but I think the Celestial idea is helped by Ridley Scott's ALIEN franchise, where he had the "engineers" visiting earth, seeding it with intelligent life.

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    I'm confused as to why people are coming up with all of these creative ways to explain why mutants haven't been introduced into the MCU yet. In the comics, mutants have been around for a long time, possibly since the beginnings of humanity (Apocalypse, Selene, etc) but they only came to be known about publicly sometime around the 60s (?). So why can't the same be true for them in MCU, just with modern times being when mutants are 'outed'?

I'd like for there to be relatively few mutants out there in the world, with Professor X and Magneto as some of the few who know about their existence and working quietly to recruit the few that they've located. Then some event (a big disaster) leads to the public becoming aware of mutants. The X-Men have already existed for a few years at this point.

As for the team, I'd go: Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat. The rest of the original members have moved on and are up to other things but make regular appearances (especially Jean and Beast). The sequel could introduce Rogue and others.
    I agree. I'd rather see the All New team of the 70s, than the O5. But yeah, the concept of mutant in the MCU--it always seemed to me that the Marvel Studios movies, tv shows (like AGENTS OF SHIELD), and collaborative tv shows like GIFTED and LEGION--were all on the same page regarding mutants. But in the MCU, because of legal reasons, they couldn't use the word *mutant,* same with the tv shows like Cloak and Dagger. I think the stage is easily set once this Disney Fox deal is complete, for the word *mutant* to immediately be used where the concept already exists. For example, Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch could easily be identified as a mutant once the word becomes legal for Marvel Studios. AGENTS OF SHIELD as well--they've dealt with the concept of mutants, called them something else, but I think could easily meld the X-Men and mutants into the show's story lines.

Can we all agree though that if marvel does get the Xmen we don't want another introduction movie. We want a fully formed team already on a mission in the opening scene? Kind of like AOU.

I really hope Marvel goes in that direction. I wanna see an X-Men team jumping out of a Blackbird full 90s style fighting against some Prime Sentinels or something. I don't know.

What do you guys think or what would you prefer to see now?
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-23-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I agree. I'd rather see the All New team of the 70s, than the O5. But yeah, the concept of mutant in the MCU--it always seemed to me that the Marvel Studios movies, tv shows (like AGENTS OF SHIELD), and collaborative tv shows like GIFTED and LEGION--were all on the same page regarding mutants. But in the MCU, because of legal reasons, they couldn't use the word *mutant,* same with the tv shows like Cloak and Dagger. I think the stage is easily set once this Disney Fox deal is complete, for the word *mutant* to immediately be used where the concept already exists. For example, Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch could easily be identified as a mutant once the word becomes legal for Marvel Studios. AGENTS OF SHIELD as well--they've dealt with the concept of mutants, called them something else, but I think could easily meld the X-Men and mutants into the show's story lines.
    Well Scarlet Witch was given an alternate explanation for her powers so she shouldn't be labeled a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Can we all agree though that if marvel does get the Xmen we don't want another introduction movie. We want a fully formed team already on a mission in the opening scene? Kind of like AOU.

I really hope Marvel goes in that direction. I wanna see an X-Men team jumping out of a Blackbird full 90s style fighting against some Prime Sentinels or something. I don't know.

Agreed. The X-Men could have been active for years now but not in a publicly known capacity. We don't need an origin story. Just have them outed and integrated to the rest of the MCU.

BANNED

The one thing I'll say is that the MCU is also willing to go the period route (Captain America, Captain Marvel) and play with which iterations of Legacy Characters to use (IE Scott Lang as Ant-Man and making Pym the mentor figure, while jumping right to Carol as Captain Marvel).

I COULD conceivably see them doing it with the X-Men, especially if they use Avengers 4 to rewrite their reality. IE, the O5 X-Men were active in the 60s as a period piece, and we'd see a different team in the present day.

Word! Yes, Wolverine needs to be in there despite some vocal minorities on here that are tired of him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Word! Yes, Wolverine needs to be in there despite some vocal minorities on here that are tired of him.
    If you honestly think Marvel would add the X-Men to the MCU and leave Logan — THE biggest cash-cow in their entire stable — out, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Although I'd bust a blood vessel laughing if they took the Ant-Man approached and used Laura as Wolverine instead (I don't expect in the slightest for it to happen, but I would find it hilarious).

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I doubt Marvel will waste much time getting the gang together in their first MCU movie.

At most, I can see them doing a Black Panther style opening pre-credit scene where they run a basic history of the X-gene, how it works and where it came from before getting right into the shits.

Perfect first movie roster for me would be Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Rogue as the entry character again, but initially working as a brotherhood plant and then is converted by Wolverine.

Brotherhood as the villians. Focus on Mystique and rogues parental relationship - Jean and Scott already married - Wolverine and Storm are friends with B’s. Iceman comic relief and Rogue accidentally outs him when she absorbs his powers and memories.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm just hopeful for a complete reboot and recast of all the characters. I would prefer it start with Giant Size where we have the in second generation of xmen having to save the O5/Polaris/havok from some threat and go from there.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm just hopeful for a complete reboot and recast of all the characters. I would prefer it start with Giant Size where we have the in second generation of xmen having to save the O5/Polaris/havok from some threat and go from there.
    They were able to add Spider-Man to Civil War fast so I'd love to have Storm be introduce in Black Panther 2 to give her a larger place in the MCU than just an X-Man.