Page 64 of 325 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
    BANNED

You probably can't count on the accuracy of this, but supposedly X-23 and Colossus were added to New Mutants as part of the reshoots. X-23 is to be a major character, while Colossus was part of a (cut) subplot centered around him looking for his sister. However this is a part of the dubious "insider report" claiming that NM had been cancelled, which seems to be contradicted by other information (IE the insider claiming Fox was dissatisfied with both, even though all official word has been to the contrary).

Article here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You probably can't count on the accuracy of this, but supposedly X-23 and Colossus were added to New Mutants as part of the reshoots. X-23 is to be a major character, while Colossus was part of a (cut) subplot centered around him looking for his sister. However this is a part of the dubious "insider report" claiming that NM had been cancelled, which seems to be contradicted by other information (IE the insider claiming Fox was dissatisfied with both, even though all official word has been to the contrary).

Article here.
    I can believe that. Not because I trust the source or anything, but because a movie that got postponed a year and four months must be adding some heavy changes. Wasn't it confirmed(or was it a rumour?) that they were going to add a new character. It could be X-23. Well, it'd be fun to see another clawed mutant taking away screentime from the actual cast the movie is named after.

BANNED

Adding a new character sounds familiar, but I'd need to dig up the story. It would have made more sense to throw her in the time travel montage at the end of DP2 to set up bringing her into X-Force.

Adding a new character sounds familiar, but I'd need to dig up the story. It would have made more sense to throw her in the time travel montage at the end of DP2 to set up bringing her into X-Force.
    My money is on either Warlock or karma. I mean those are the two that were rumored to appear.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 07-31-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Article here.
    That was really really bleak read and I tend to believe some of it as sticking a character like X-23 completely out of continuity just because she is cool is a move that is "so Fox' that it fits. I am not worried about Dark Phoenix literally nothing can be worse than X-3 or Origins and leaked plot stuff from screener actually sounded good to me they are working reworking the ending which was what complain about so I have decent hopes. New Mutants tone felt wrong to me but I was willing to give it a chance because of Logan which shows hey let superheroes movies embrace other genres but that report scarily matches up with the trailer and tone of the movie being wrong. The bright side is reports are they were reshooting nearly 50% of the movie so we might gets something that feels more New mutants like and X-23 actually makes me interested in the movie.

I am expecting Dark Phoenix to liked by X-fans and I am expecting a train wreck for new mutants.

I'd love if x-23 was included in new mutants. I dug the feel of the first trailer and think Laura would be a badass addition to the movie. I can easily see her locked up as a "psyco mutant", and having the other bust her out to reek havoc on the orderlies. Kinda like that seen in apocalypse with Logan but better.

X-23 in X-Force/Deadpool 3 would make sense but in New Mutants would be a WTF given when Logan was set.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    X-23 in X-Force/Deadpool 3 would make sense but in New Mutants would be a WTF given when Logan was set.
    To be fair, have they actually confirmed 100% when New Mutants was set? There seems to have been a LOT of waffling.

BANNED

To be fair, have they actually confirmed 100% when New Mutants was set? There seems to have been a LOT of waffling.
    Boone said it was set in the here and now.

No they actually did, Boone last year said it was set in present day.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Boone said it was set in the here and now.
    Which would cancel this out:
    X-23 in X-Force/Deadpool 3 would make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Which would cancel this out:
    X-Force/Deadpool 3 has a time traveler with Cable so they can grab Laura from any point in time heck for all we know Cable was friends with her. But if New Mutants are set in the present it wouldn't make sense to have Laura.

BANNED

X-Force/Deadpool 3 has a time traveler with Cable so they can grab Laura from any point in time heck for all we know Cable was friends with her. But if New Mutants are set in the present it wouldn't make sense to have Laura.
    Unless they handwave it that Cable ALREADY used time travel to pick her up (like Lewis Tam claiming that Wade saved ALL of X-Force off-screen, not just Peter). /Devil's Advocate

Not saying it wouldn't be better to actually SEE the time-travel, but they can work around it if they really wanted to.

BANNED

I really don't want her anywhere near Deadpool.
    Going from 'Logan' to hi-jinks with Deadpool has got to be one of the worst tonal whiplashes ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I really don't want her anywhere near Deadpool.
    Going from 'Logan' to hi-jinks with Deadpool has got to be one of the worst tonal whiplashes ever.
    I disagree. It could be fun to watch her bounce off Reynolds' Wade