Page 67 of 325 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 4870
    BANNED

It shall be a GLORIOUS DAY when the X-Men blow the Avengers away......”Avengers who???”

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It shall be a GLORIOUS DAY when the X-Men blow the Avengers away......”Avengers who???”
    haha! Nothing against the Avengers because I've gotten some good entertainment from those movies...but IT'S TIME FOR THE X-MEN TO RISE ABOVE ALL!!!!! Woot!

Came across this piece. Feels like it should be taken with a full shaker of salt.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/the-fu...d-genre-films/

Disney Could Shut Down 20th Century Fox, Likely to Avoid Genre Films

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Came across this piece. Feels like it should be taken with a full shaker of salt.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/the-fu...d-genre-films/
    If this does happen it's EXACTLY why the FCC should have shut this deal down: Giving one company that much control over what media is produced ultimately leads to fewer choices.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That would be so sad if true. The thought of never seeing Alien or Predator again really sucks.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That would be so sad if true. The thought of never seeing Alien or Predator again really sucks.
    Meh. The old ones were the best. They keep missing the target in the newer ones. Let them rest.

BANNED

But hey, so long as the X-Men are back under Marvel, right? Who cares about all the OTHER franchises that are going to be lost in the process. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    But hey, so long as the X-Men are back under Marvel, right? Who cares about all the OTHER franchises that are going to be lost in the process. :-P

The government doesn't care if you get more or less genre films. There are legit reasons to oppose the merger but honestly genre films is the lowest. Also there hasn't been a good Aliens or Predator movie in 30 years with the rest ranging from being amusing for the wrong reasons to just plan bad and a Good FF film is worth their demises.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 08-10-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Meh. The old ones were the best. They keep missing the target in the newer ones. Let them rest.
    I don't want to get too OT on this, but I think that's a bad way to look at it. I do agree that the originals were better but that doesn't mean they can't make another good film somewhere down the line. To just shelve those fairly iconic properties would be a shame.

If the people behind disney are clever enough they could use Fox as a way to pursue mature or R rated features that they cannot do with Disney. There is a reason why they had to release Princess Mononoke with Buena Vista instead of Disney due to people's perceptions of what the disney property should and should not be. However this is still concerning especially with how there is less middle ground and more CGI superhero type fest vs the indie dynamic that is being seen today. Wonder at what point all of this will implode.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    If the people behind disney are clever enough they could use Fox as a way to pursue mature or R rated features that they cannot do with Disney. There is a reason why they had to release Princess Mononoke with Buena Vista instead of Disney due to people's perceptions of what the disney property should and should not be. However this is still concerning especially with how there is less middle ground and more CGI superhero type fest vs the indie dynamic that is being seen today. Wonder at what point all of this will implode.
    With this merger they've easily got another 10-20 years before any type of backlash. Even with some very sub par MCU films just look at how Infinity War di, now they can add the X-Men and FF and Doom and Galactus and all the other stuff. In our circle of influence (i.e. people that post here and are comic fans) there will be films and merch for decades, for the posters over on the horror films website it could be dark days ahead, and not the kind they like.

With this merger they've easily got another 10-20 years before any type of backlash. Even with some very sub par MCU films just look at how Infinity War di, now they can add the X-Men and FF and Doom and Galactus and all the other stuff. In our circle of influence (i.e. people that post here and are comic fans) there will be films and merch for decades, for the posters over on the horror films website it could be dark days ahead, and not the kind they like.
    Which is a shame as I am an avid horror fan and an x-fan. We need both. At least I have my horror games but still. Movies might start reflecting like the videogame market with smaller companies filling in the niche for horror fans.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

is Fox really releasing horror movies?

because most if not all of the biggest horror hits of the last years were from other studios: Insidious, Dont breath, It, A quiet place,