Page 68 of 325 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Which is a shame as I am an avid horror fan and an x-fan. We need both. At least I have my horror games but still. Movies might start reflecting like the videogame market with smaller companies filling in the niche for horror fans.
    That was really always the model most iconic franchises were bought by studios after their massive success.

BANNED

It may not be financially feasible for Disney make X-Men and F4 part of the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    It may not be financially feasible for Disney make X-Men and F4 part of the MCU.
    This has got to be one of the most ridonculous things you have ever said, which is saying something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This has got to be one of the most ridonculous things you have ever said, which is saying something.
    Movies are not like comic books. With movies you have to consider actors, director, crew contracts.
    There is a lot of money and studio politics involved in making a movie.
    Too many actors in one movie can get too expensive.
    The Inifinity Wars got away with it because RDJ and Scarlett Johansson were the only two that made big money.
    Everybody else signed bad contracts, which is why Chris Evans wants out.
    Actors and their agents are now hipped to signing multi movies deals.
    These multi movies deals are bad for actors, but great for the studios.
    Just yesterday, Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth got out of their deal for Star Trek. They are now in position to negotiate a better deal.
    Actors are no longer signing these bad deals.
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-11-2018 at 02:01 PM.

BANNED

Movies are not like comic books. With movies you have to consider actors, director, crew contracts.
    The Inifinity Wars got away with it because RDJ and Scarlett Johansson were the only two that made big money.
    Just yesterday, Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth got out of their deal for Star Trek. They are now in position to negotiate a better deal.
    What you're trying to say is that Avengers and Guardian movies may be not be financially feasible for Disney.

Nevermind that little to nothing of what you said has any basis in fact.

Mission Impossible Franchise, DCEU or whatever it's now called, Venom, Fox XCU, MCU, Lucasfilm, Pixar, Disney, Predator, Fantastic Beast Franchise, Godzilla King Kong Franchise, Transformers Franchise, Jurassic Park Franchise, Glass, Hellboy, MIB, Top Gun 2, It 2, Charlie's Angels, Addams Family, James Bond, Terminator, & Jumanji 3 are just some of the recent and coming films, franchises, and Studios who'd like to say "Hi You're Wrong"

Double Post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Mission Impossible Franchise, DCEU or whatever it's now called, Venom, Fox XCU, MCU, Lucasfilm, Pixar, Disney, Predator, Fantastic Beast Franchise, Godzilla King Kong Franchise, Transformers Franchise, Jurassic Park Franchise, Glass, Hellboy, MIB, Top Gun 2, It 2, Charlie's Angels, Addams Family, James Bond, Terminator, & Jumanji 3 are just some of the recent and coming films, franchises, and Studios who'd like to say "Hi You're Wrong"
    What I’m saying is actors have stop signing multi movies contracts that pays them below what they are worth.
    Now actors are signing multi movies contract that will pay them good money.

What I’m saying is actors have stop signing multi movies contracts that pays them below what they are worth.
    Now actors are signing multi movies contract that will pay them good money.
    You see you get new up coming actors for the starring roles and established actors for supporting roles to keep the cost down and then move on once their contracts are up in a few films. Marvel Studios didn't invent that it's been happening since Hollywood began it was called the Studio system. Half the cast of X-MEN 2000 were virtual unknowns to the general audience same for First Class and Apocalypse same for DC films. New actors aren't worth much and are happy for the exposure this will never change.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 08-11-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Lol not financially feasible to do X-MEN & FF in the MCU? LOL!!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You see you get new up coming actors for the starring roles and established actors for supporting roles to keep the cost down and then move on once their contracts are up in a few films. Marvel Studios didn't invent that it's been happening since Hollywood began it was called the Studio system. Half the cast of X-MEN 2000 were virtual unknowns to the general audience same for First Class and Apocalypse same for DC films. New actors aren't worth much and are happy for the exposure this will never change.
    You’re making sense, I see your point

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is that Infinity War wasn't a one-to-one ratio to the comics?

The MCU has been a huge success since it began and fox has constantly mishandled the X-Men characters and butchered some classic storylines and now the X-Men are going to be handled by the MCU which in my opinion sing at success they've had at their own Cinematic Universe I'm pretty confident that they'll do some great things with the X-Men.
    Infinity War only took the basic premise and made its own story, like Day of Future Past.

Where did I say that the MCU wasn’t successful?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly to all of this as well. there is simply no comparison.

its unfortunate fox is doin dark Phoenix again. I'm hoping whenever marvel does the xmen the Phoenix is left out for a long time
    But you didn’t read the source material of the most of the MCU films.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-01-2018 at 05:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    But you didn’t read the source material of the most of the MCU films.
    Most of them do not have source material beyond the characters. They're mostly not based on specific stories from the comics. Films like Winter Soldier and Age Of Ultron didn't even take the basic premise of the stories of the same name.
    Even Civil War didn't take anything from the comics version beyond "Cap and Stark have an uncivil disagreement".
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-01-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So I was right you are using a fact that the movies aren't a 1:1 of the comics as a criticism.

Yes the MCU does take Liberties with their characters and storylines the main point is though that they've kept the essence of those characters and storylines intact.

Which is why I'm a lot more confident in their handling of the X-Men characters and storylines then Fox.
    Criticism? I wasn’t criticizing Marvel at all. My point is that they don’t please everyone in a particular fanbase(ask the Thor and Ant-Man/Wasp fanbase). I was responsing to someone who hated the Wolverine & The X-Men cartoon(which had MCU producers and writers on it) and thinking they couldn’t possibly disappoint them again with the MCU X-Men.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-01-2018 at 05:57 PM.

After they soft-reboot the MCU with Avengers 4 via time travel they will take the opportunity to retcon mutants and X-Men being known for many years so they wouldn’t have to start from the beginning and rehash plot points from the First Class trilogy. Then they will get Thor: Ragnarok writers Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost to work on the X-Men films since they worked on the Wolverine & The X-Men cartoon and X-Books. And since they created Laura I expect her to be the lead character of those films.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-04-2018 at 10:37 AM.