Page 7 of 325 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I'd either reboot it all or just work some characters into other movies and such...

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Word! Yes, Wolverine needs to be in there despite some vocal minorities on here that are tired of him.
    No ones saying he shouldn't be there, just that he doesn't need to be in the forefront all the time.

Yes please no more wolverine ft the Xmen

Why would Marvel do it any different on film than they have in the comics and cartoons? I agree that it should not be, but am not optimistic that this won’t be “Wolverine featuring the X-men.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The one thing I'll say is that the MCU is also willing to go the period route (Captain America, Captain Marvel) and play with which iterations of Legacy Characters to use (IE Scott Lang as Ant-Man and making Pym the mentor figure, while jumping right to Carol as Captain Marvel).

I COULD conceivably see them doing it with the X-Men, especially if they use Avengers 4 to rewrite their reality. IE, the O5 X-Men were active in the 60s as a period piece, and we'd see a different team in the present day.
    No more x movie period pieces, there have been enough. Get back to the future!

I agree with everyone who says just have the mutants start appearing more in the present time rather than the 60's. Xavier, magneto and Wolverine are the only ones who 'need' to be that old. Everyone else can move up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    No more x movie period pieces, there have been enough. Get back to the future!

I agree with everyone who says just have the mutants start appearing more in the present time rather than the 60's. Xavier, magneto and Wolverine are the only ones who 'need' to be that old. Everyone else can move up.
    For Magneto to keep his back story and continue to appear it's at the point where it HAS to be a period piece. He'd be 90 years old in 2018. The sliding timescale in the comics has already made it bad enough even WITH his multiple deaginings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    For Magneto to keep his back story and continue to appear it's at the point where it HAS to be a period piece. He'd be 90 years old in 2018. The sliding timescale in the comics has already made it bad enough even WITH his multiple deaginings.
    Or just start with Magneto rampaging through a concentration camp at the age you want him in the movies and have Red Skull freeze him with an experimental Nazi wonder weapon and have him reanimated in the present.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    Well Scarlet Witch was given an alternate explanation for her powers so she shouldn't be labeled a mutant. ...
    You sure about that? 'Cause this sounds better:

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    Well Scarlet Witch was given an... explanation for her powers so she... d... be labeled a mutant. ...
    ... and could make perfect sense. Given what we were shown through CW, retroactively designating the twins as Mutants, shouldn't be a problem. In fact, it would fit nicely & work quite well, almost like it was meant to be. Unless somethin' more was added in IW, that elaborated on the origin of their abilities, I'd say the door was left open on purpose. Call it hedging your bets, and think... 'latent'. Then look to their former/soon to be again in the near future half-sister Polaris' first appearance, and her debut storyline, in the original run of the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Or just start with Magneto rampaging through a concentration camp at the age you want him in the movies and have Red Skull freeze him with an experimental Nazi wonder weapon and have him reanimated in the present.
    And have everybody make jokes about him being evil Captain America?

I think Maggie is going to have to say goodbye to his origin. But there are plenty of genocides to pick from that are far more recent for his origin.

BANNED

Or they could just give him a slower aging process, like Logan, and various others now. But for wacky, pseudoscience reasons of his own, natch.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And have everybody make jokes about him being evil Captain America?

I think Maggie is going to have to say goodbye to his origin. But there are plenty of genocides to pick from that are far more recent for his origin.
    Magneto is a Holocaust survivor. He's got the same ties to WWII as Captain America. He's a Jewish mutant, too. His ethnic origin is not interchangeable.If Marvel Studios can keep Cap's origin, they can keep Magneto's. You have people shooting solar powered beams from their eyes, people who can fly and create tornadoes, time travel, intergalactic travel, and you can't find a simple way to explain Magneto's age? No offense meant. So many fans get so uptight about Magneto's age--a mutant who can control the electromagnetic spectrum--in a comic book universe, even an MCU universe filled with super powered beings, intergalactic travel, living planets, talking animals, etc.--like this is some huge problem. His age is only an excuse to remove his origin. There are a hundred ways to explain his age.

In any case, I think Marvel Studios should give Xavier and Magneto a rest first time out with the X-Men. Like others have said, they need to skip the origins, skip the O5 for now--they can say that the O5 and Xavier and Magneto took place in the past, and now there are a new group of X-Men. They can go with the ALL NEW group! This is how they're handling THE GIFTED X-Men universe, and I hope the collaborative effort between Fox and Marvel that started there, becomes a Marvel X-Men tv universe that follows the same timeline. I say this because we have a fantastic Polaris in THE GIFTED, and the Cuckoos--I'd rather see them join the MCU as part of the current X-Men, then recast for a whole new MCXU with a whole new backstory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I say this because we have a fantastic Polaris in THE GIFTED, and the Cuckoos--I'd rather see them join the MCU as part of the current X-Men, then recast for a whole new MCXU with a whole new backstory.
    Don't forget Reynpool and Daf-23.

I have to say I'm SICK to death of the same old Xavier vs Magneto drama with Mystique being messy and Wolverine being boring.

Let's set the MCU's Uncanny X-Men film in a world AFTER a traumatic Dark Phoenix event, with all the characters that've been the center of the X-Men film franchise either killed off, missing in action, or mentioned in passing... in favor of a cast that would showcase new chemistries and new stories.

Ideally, I'd have a school with Storm in charge, and Nightcrawler, Colossus, Beast and White Queen as teachers. Xavier, Magneto, Jean Grey, all dead. Cyclops, MIA. Wolverine on walkabout.

First movie would be a cross between Deadly Genesis and E is for Extinction. Second movie would be Inferno. Third would be a Genoshan U-Men X-Tinction Agenda crossover film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Magneto is a Holocaust survivor. He's got the same ties to WWII as Captain America. He's a Jewish mutant, too. His ethnic origin is not interchangeable.
    Or he can be a guy from Rwanda who's in his 30s and nothing would be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Or he can be a guy from Rwanda who's in his 30s and nothing would be lost.
    Blackneto would be very cool.