Page 9 of 325 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Of the First Class, I think the only ones worth keeping are Beast, Cyclops and Phoenix. The first is Xavier's most successful student, the last is Xavier's biggest failure, and Cyclops is lost somewhere in the middle, despite being the best example of a X-superhero. And Phoenix is at most --and at best --a cautionary tale. That's why I'd world build with that lesson already learned... and not waste anyone's time with another uncomfortable redhead.
    Everyone's got their opinions, and their biases. Even with mine, I don't think any of the more familiar characters are eXpendable, and I'm not for shunning them or their fans. Your Jean hate is strong tho, I'll give ya that. But it's understandable, she's a highly potent force. Also, Iceman & Angel say hi, and they'll see ya in the MCU... right along with Jean. It's probably why she was resurrected in the comiX, after all, just in time for the new deal. And conversely, done away with before it, back in the day.

BANNED

Chris Claremont sounds pretty excited about Marvel Studios taking over...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think both are very likely and that Feige is going to try very hard to not just go over ground that the Fox films have covered many times over.
    Agreed, as much as they can, anyway. Some parallels and/or retread is unavoidable probably, even with many of their character eXcesses removed, by an MCU filter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    He's not alone.

BANNED

... Wolverine... I liked his cameos in First Contact and Apocalypse. It was just enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    1st Class...
    BTW, this is what that was in reference to, not the O5. The movie was called First Class, not Contact.

I knew he hated the Fox films and was just being polite!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Do you have a link or would you mind pasting here what he said?

I'm not surprised he's excited though. His concepts and creations will never have been more popular than what comes next once Disney takes over. Talk about introducing the X-Men to a whole new generation. I also hope he gets some nice money from Disney like Jim Starlin did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Do you have a link or would you mind pasting here what he said?
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1260411643

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Thanks very much!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I believe both Logan and Magneto had cameos in early script versions of First Avenger before Disney and when a deal with Fox was being considered I guess. So Feige would probably place both in WWII Magneto obviously a holocaust survivor and Logan maybe in the Asian theater if they were brought into the MCU.
    Technically you can plug in Logan anywhere in WW2. He was present in Europe, the Pacific, he was an active soldier, a civilian, he was multiple times under cover, etc. Wolverine was actually planted in nazi death camps to undermine nazi leadership, as well as being ground zero in Japan for at least one of the atomic bombs.

BANNED

Wasn't he hating the MCU just few weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Technically you can plug in Logan anywhere in WW2. He was present in Europe, the Pacific, he was an active soldier, a civilian, he was multiple times under cover, etc. Wolverine was actually planted in nazi death camps to undermine nazi leadership, as well as being ground zero in Japan for at least one of the atomic bombs.
    He also lured a bunch of jewish people into a nazi lab when they went througth some horrific stuff and he ended killing the scientifics to cover his tracks, nobody knew about it, not even Romulus, i'm sure that Disney would have love to put that there .

But seriously that retcon suck
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-24-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Everyone's got their opinions, and their biases. Even with mine, I don't think any of the more familiar characters are eXpendable, and I'm not for shunning them or their fans. Your Jean hate is strong tho, I'll give ya that. But it's understandable, she's a highly potent force. Also, Iceman & Angel say hi, and they'll see ya in the MCU... right along with Jean. It's probably why she was resurrected in the comiX, after all, just in time for the new deal. And conversely, done away with before it, back in the day.
    BTW, this is what that was in reference to, not the O5. The movie was called First Class, not Contact.
    That's what I get for typing on my iPhone.

And yeah rereading what I said about came across really harsh lol. Portraying Jean means acting uncomfortable with your power, potential, and the people around you. She makes others uncomfortable, most significantly Xavier himself. Which results in him making bad decisions and failing as her mentor. She's probably the MOST important X-Man specifically because she shows the limits of Xavier's ideology, and forces all those surviving her to make hard decisions about the "Dream".

I just don't want to have to watch another movie about her death. Let's get past it.

BANNED

That's what I get for typing on my iPhone.

And yeah rereading what I said about came across really harsh lol. Portraying Jean means acting uncomfortable with your power, potential, and the people around you. She makes others uncomfortable, most significantly Xavier himself. Which results in him making bad decisions and failing as her mentor. She's probably the MOST important X-Man specifically because she shows the limits of Xavier's ideology, and forces all those surviving her to make hard decisions about the "Dream".

I just don't want to have to watch another movie about her death. Let's get past it.
    No worries, it's all good. It doesn't have to be that, tho. And even if it was, I'd imagine it'd be a pretty slow burn, and take quite a while.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    For Magneto to keep his back story and continue to appear it's at the point where it HAS to be a period piece. He'd be 90 years old in 2018. The sliding timescale in the comics has already made it bad enough even WITH his multiple deaginings.
    Or they could just give him a slower aging process, like Logan, and various others now. But for wacky, pseudoscience reasons of his own, natch.
    That would be the simplest solution, slow aging. Not was much as Wolverine, but enough to stay viable and not keep the whole franchise stuck in the past. Though the Uganda idea could work too. Though, seriously, there are other bad guys to work with...