Page 93 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4870
    BANNED

I hope they start with an original team (not the O5 necessarily), power discovery, teaching from Xavier, and the rise of Magneto.

Sequel should be more about Magneto and the brotherhood and the divide between mutants.

Ideally I'd like them to have Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Colossus, and Nightcrawler as the the team, but I would be wide open to other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I'm not concerned about repeating storylines. Virtually none of the characters or stories used were all that reflective of the comics and many of them were butchered in execution.

DoFP is the only one they got close enough for me to be concerned.

And other than Fassbender's Magneto, Stewarts Prof. X, and Wolverine....the rest of the characters were not well done. Nightcrawler was ok in X2, but he was such an after-thought.

Lastly - the MCU has been able to do dark and comedic and mystery and a variety of other genres successfully within their universe. And even blending some you wouldn't think would work. They've had misfires, but one thing they have not messed up is continuity. Their movies are all stories that are part of the larger story, character progressions, and building towards great pay-offs. If nothing else, it'll be nice to hvae the X-men in that sort of care. The MCU knew their MVPs, but they still treated the roleplayers with great care. I'll say it again - we should rejoice.
    How are characters handled in MCU when not riding solo. Not good. what development has Black Widow and Scarlet Witch gotten? Mystique had more development in DOFP alone than Black Widow has done in 8 movies.

MCU has never gone dark. Too ironic for words you said this since Marvel has said they will never go dark. when MCU opens a movie with First Class and DOFP , I will call it as dark. When MCU is bold enough to re-create the last 30 minutes of X2 or The Dark Knight or the climax of DOFP, I will call it dark. Marvel can't even do night scenes.

X-Men can get so dark at times, the innocence of a child is not even spared. Magneto , Jason, ArcAngel, Wolverine, X23. MCU is not capable of getting that dark.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-21-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    How are characters handled in MCU when not riding solo. Not good. what development has Black Widow and Scarlet Witch gotten? Mystique had more development in DOFP alone than Black Widow has done in 8 movies.

MCU has never gone dark. Too ironic for words you said this since Marvel has said they will never go dark. when MCU opens a movie with First Class and DOFP , I will call it as dark. When MCU is bold enough to re-create the last 30 minutes of X2 or The Dark Knight or the climax of DOFP, I will call it dark. Marvel can't even do night scenes.

X-Men can get so dark at times, the innocence of a child is not even spared. Magneto , ArcAngel, Wolverine, X23. MCU is not capable of putting that in their movie. Disney will never allow it.
    I know both Black Widow and Scarlet Witch's back stories Black Widow and the Red Room and Wanda and Pietro surviving the bombing leading them to Hydra and Shield and seen them change on screen from how they were in Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron respectively to Infinity War.

Nebula was literally taken apart by her father Thanos as a child and Infinity War showed in the torture scene what that meant.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-21-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

X-Men can get so dark at times, the innocence of a child is not even spared. Magneto , Jason, ArcAngel, Wolverine, X23. MCU is not capable of getting that dark.
    Nitpick: Warren was an adult in his 20s when became a Horsemen.

And the MCU has gone dark several times.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-21-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I know both Black Widow and Scarlet Witch's back stories Black Widow and the Red Room and Wanda and Pietro surviving the bombing leading them to Hydra and seen them change on screen from how they were in Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron respectively to Infinity War.

Nebula was literally taken apart by her father Thanos as a child and Infinity War showed in the torture scene what that meant.
    Black Widow has a back story. Rogue had one in X1.

Scarlet Witch had a back story , Jean had one in X3.

I look at Black Widow as the female face of the MCU. If I was to match her up with Mystique, comparing Mystique's development from first class to DOFP would be a great disservice to Black Widow.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I hope they start with an original team (not the O5 necessarily), power discovery, teaching from Xavier, and the rise of Magneto.

Sequel should be more about Magneto and the brotherhood and the divide between mutants.

Ideally I'd like them to have Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Colossus, and Nightcrawler as the the team, but I would be wide open to other ideas.
    Fox has beaten us over the head with Magneto for 18 years now, I'm good on Mags for now.

The MCU should save him for X-Men 3 or 4 when he won't be feel so … overused.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Prof X, Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Iceman, and Thunderbird as an already established team with Jubilee as an entry point character. Beast can make cameos, but I would have him as primarily an Avenger. First film antagonists are Mastermind and his Brotherhood, who have mind controlled an entire town and whose influence is slowly spreading. Sort of in the vein of Kulan Gath but more grounded. The end teases the remaining Brotherhood being recruited by Magneto. Film two is an adaptation of Fatal Attractions. Film three is Onslaught. Introduce new characters along the way.

Establish New Mutants and X-force as separate film series. For the second trilogy of X-Men films start with Genosha, introduce Sinister and build up to a big crossover of X-Men, New Mutants, and X-Force in Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Fox has beaten us over the head with Magneto for 18 years now, I'm good on Mags for now.

Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen since Magneto is Kevin Feige’s favorite villian and the X-character he is looking forward to the most.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-21-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Nitpick: Warren was an adult in his 20s when became a Horsemen.

And the MCU has gone dark several times.
    I was talking of Warren in X3, plucking of his wings crying. He had himself locked in the bathroom with blood all over the place. You will not find that in MCU movies.

Disney has set boundaries on darkness in MCU movies. MCU movies are among the most colourful movies I have ever seen in cinema without counting animations. there is a specific reason their movies have that look.

Black Widow has a back story. Rogue had one in X1.

Scarlet Witch had a back story , Jean had one in X3.

I look at Black Widow as the female face of the MCU. If I was to match her up with Mystique, comparing Mystique's development from first class to DOFP would be a great disservice to Black Widow.
    I think Widow had great development on Winter Soldier and Civil War she's getting her own film with Cate Shortland directing.

BANNED

I can understand that feeling. I just don't think you can do the X-men without Mags and Professor X from the beginning. But let's hope we get the Mags we deserve - a kingly hardass. Not Grandpa Mags or "I guess I'll be your lackey Apocalypse" Mags. The real deal.

BANNED

The last 30 minutes of X2 saw three omega level mutants cowering at a flood coming at a jet. It only makes sense if you forget there are mutants on the ship. Is that really dark? Meh. If htat is your bar, then the MCU has gotten plenty dark, you have no interest in conceding that point...so why would anyone engage with you on it?

And yes...Mystique has gotten a ton of development. That's part of the problem. Back to where the other poster was falsely equating Storm and Mystique.

The last 30 minutes of X2 saw three omega level mutants cowering at a flood coming at a jet.
    Only Jean was is labeled as Omega level, iirc. And that only means a mutant who has limitless potential.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I can understand that feeling. I just don't think you can do the X-men without Mags and Professor X from the beginning. But let's hope we get the Mags we deserve - a kingly hardass. Not Grandpa Mags or "I guess I'll be your lackey Apocalypse" Mags. The real deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen since Magneto is Kevin Feige’s favorite villian and the X-character he is looking forward to the most.
    I just think starting with the Magneto vs Xavier conflict right from the jump would be a mistake. I'm perfectly ok with them building up the hatred of mutants over a movie or 3 and letting it hit a breaking point (be it the mutant massacre, the sentinels or something along those lines) before introducing Magneto so his appearance will have an impact on the audience.

BANNED

I just think starting with the Magneto vs Xavier conflict right from the jump would be a mistake. I'm perfectly ok with them building up the hatred of mutants over a movie or 3 and letting it hit a breaking point (be it the mutant massacre, the sentinels or something along those lines) before introducing Magneto so his appearance will have an impact on the audience.
    I would be ok with that, so you propose the antagonist of the first movie is basically the non-mutant population? I'm just trying to think how that would happen.