Page 98 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Even in the comics I have no idea, why people want solos. Guess im just out of the loop.
    Team series are a bad investment if all you care about is one character.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I don’t know about never. God Loves, Man Kills is arguably just as brutal as the Netflix shows.
    You're going to have to clarify that a bit. I didn't find "God Loves, Man Kills" brutal at all. More like a by the numbers anti-racism soap box. I have rarely been more underwhelmed by a comic with a similar reputation.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You're going to have to clarify that a bit. I didn't find "God Loves, Man Kills" brutal at all. More like a by the numbers anti-racism soap box. I have rarely been more underwhelmed by a comic with a similar reputation.

Amazing Member

There’s so many options for the X-Men at Disney
    Theatrical
    Disney Play
    Disney XD
    Hulu
    Freeform
    FX

I think they’ll be fine.

All-New Member

Hi all, first time poster but long time lurker (I’m talking on here daily) and wanted thoughts on an MCU X-Men plot that I posted on another forum moments ago. I’ve been thinking about how to boot XMen into the MCU with OR without it’s current continuity which may end with Dark Phoenix and I think I found a solve and want thoughts on it.

You can’t have a world that hates and fears them if so far there hasn’t been a single mention of mutants for obvious reason so why would one or two films later would I believe that they were always around?

Xavier has always teetered the line of inspirational man and arragoant *******,which the former is what we’ve mainly seen in the current films outside of X3 and how he handled Jean and was pretty dismissive of everyone around him outside of his conversations with Storm. So what if something happened to drive him touse his abilities in combination with an amplified Cerebro to permanently keep himself and mutant kind a secret and alter the memories and current lives of everyone alive to fit that narrative. Think of it just as he does in small instances like when he freezes a museum or makes soldiers not see his team in the back of a truck, even just randomly poping up in the Oval Office during a press conference, but constantly and all over the world at the same time. Basically what Apocalypse wanted to do without direct manipulation of their behaviors and free will. The X-Men and other mutants in his school don’t feel completely threatened by it as they have been trained in protection against telepaths like we’ve seen in the comics. Let’s say the events of end of Dark Phoenix drives him to take that action should they move forward with intergrating rather than rebooting. If they reboot they can have the event be a mystery that reveals itself during their first team movie.

In the time that has been happening, decades even, he has been in suspended animation or coma leading his teams telepathically. This means the X-Men could act as a completely covert division, arriving to mutants when their mutations start at puberty or if they are completely non human like, birth as he detects mutant brain patterns dispatches various teams. They can either shelter their families or save the mutant. They also fight and thwart plots by other mutants not sided with them.

The moment that leads to the “world that hates and fears them” is Infinity War and it’s sequel, and whichever outcome be it the dusting/undusting or probable destruction of infinity stones as a surge comes with that as what disrupts Cerebro and the cover they had. No man should have that much power and use it and the fact that someone has is what drives the fear which leads to the active hate and segregation which we’re used to in the comics. I’m talking full blown “no more mutants” revolution worldwide. That’s the world I want to see on screen.

The above plot can even be a movie in itself with the big moment being the middle twist. The X-Men teams themselves can take a stance and want to reveal themselves and their kind with the surfacing of superhuman beings like The Avengers driving a wedge between them and Xavier which we’ve gotten used to in recent years until his death in the comics.

It also answers the decades old question of “Why would a world that loves The Avengers and Fantastic Four hate the X-Men”.

It also gives an option to use Dark Phoenix as the driving force that caused it all or reboot entirely. Personally I want a reboot, but the above is what I see as the only way to not have a pubescent team which I don’t want as I don’t see the X-Men we know and love as that being the best version of themselves. Even mid 20s i’ll take as it gives the iteration of those rebooted characters longevity and can seamlessly team up/battle established characters.

Astonishing Member

I don't see anything wrong with X-Men solo movies. Sony is making solo movies of Spider-Man supporting characters, especially the villains. Even Kraven and Morbius are supposedly getting onscreen treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Not sure Cyclops is right for a solo film because his adventures/life tends to resolve around the x-men.

But i did dig the cyclops mini a few years back where teen cyclops was hanging out with his space pirate daddy. Lean into that.
    Cyclops reminds me of Bond. He will need Bond girls. (Jean, Emma, Psylocke) to elevate his movies. A grey-summers movie is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Cyclops reminds me of Bond. He will need Bond girls. (Jean, Emma, Psylocke) to elevate his movies. A grey-summers movie is possible.
    I've never seen anyone compare Cyclops to Bond. Of course, it's because the two are nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I've never seen anyone compare Cyclops to Bond. Of course, it's because the two are nothing alike.
    I was not comparing him to Bond in the sense of spy guy. I was talking about Cyclops as the main character in his solo movie, having a great supporting cast to elevate the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Nah. X-Men in tone should be nothing like the Netflix shows. They should definetely not be pure comedy like Guardians or Thor Ragnarok, but they should be something more like the Cap and Avengers movies.
    Avengers is a softer tone to Guardians and Thor Ragnarok.

Cap movies are the only movies that have similar tones to X-Men but the Cap movies lack the depth of X-Men movies

X-Men tone should be like the Netflix shows, that is the most faithful tone to the comics. The MCU tone is not at heart, a marvel comics tone, it is a Disney tone.

X-Men tone should be like the Netflix shows, that is the most faithful tone to the comics. The MCU tone is not at heart, a marvel comics tone, it is a Disney tone.
    No the X-men is batshit crazy,The serious ground tone with Fox was fine BUT

1.Alien race bird race(Shiar), Alien body snatcher(Brood) , Space Pirates(starjammers), Universal cosmic entity(Phoenix)

2. Demons in Limbo, Demon Bear, The Adversary

3. Living Island Krakoa, Mojo world, Dracula

4. Time travel son who is older than you from clone of your dead wife , Characters coming back to life multiple times

I know they aren't going to that crazy but when I think all of the things we didn't see in 18 years with fox. Wolverine in his yellow and blue suit, Cyclops condom head costume,etc The Disney tone or not serious tone would provide a better platform for X-stories. Deadpool had more comic accurate suits than "the serious" X-men movies. Netflix shows is definitely not the tone you need they are afraid to have guy in yellow and green jumpsuit with with yellow mask running around fighting crime.

Astonishing Member

A lot of comics have become laugh tracks of as late. I find some of the female writers tend to make the comics in this manner on a regular basis.

Tone shifts is in part what makes the MCU great not only Netflix vs Films but the films themselves with Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Infinity War and their tone vs Thor Ragnarok or GOTG films (Which still had incredible heart and dark material for all the laughs). Much like our world the MCU is a vary of emotions and tones when you pigeon hold your properties which have the various options like the X-Men have to one tone you're killing creativity.

BANNED

Regarding solos, I'm not sure it's a good idea. The X-Men aren't the Avengers, they weren't established, individual IPs brought together for larger reasons, à la the Justice League. I think they & their soapy, operatic trappings, work best as an ensemble. It's the many character chemistries & their dynamics, where the real magic lies. They have the potential to be DizMar's very own GoT, when it comes to world building. They are a universe unto themselves, pretty much, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Regarding solos, I'm not sure it's a good idea. The X-Men aren't the Avengers, they weren't established, individual IPs brought together for larger reasons, à la the Justice League. I think they & their soapy, operatic trappings, work best as an ensemble. It's the many character chemistries & their dynamics, where the real magic lies. They have the potential to be DizMar's very own GoT, when it comes to world building. They are a universe unto themselves, pretty much, IMO.
    GOT only works because there's 70 hours of it. In the books, each character gets their own POV chapters. The X-Men will never be developed enough in 2 hour movies as an entire unit. Breaking them down into smaller sub-units(look at Cap 2/3 and Thor3, they are not solos, despite being 'solos') is better; and better yet would be weaving the movies together with 10 hour long seasons so they can just hit the ground running in the blockbusters(ala Infinity War).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!