Page 210 of 215 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3211
  1. #3136
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As posted in the other HiC thread, how would you feel if this story became one of WB's direct to video DC animated movies?
    I don't think HiC would make for a good animated movie, beyond whatever your opinions are of the quality of the story.

    I could see them incorporating Sanctuary but as it probably should have been depicted as real and positive Superhuman Health Care service, not how it was used in the comic.

    I also don't think I see them adapting such a character derailing story. Wally deserves better.

  2. #3137
    Incredible Member Supermutant2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As posted in the other HiC thread, how would you feel if this story became one of WB's direct to video DC animated movies?
    I think this video says it all

  3. #3138
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I think this video says it all
    Seriously, it's not even deserving of a meme.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  4. #3139
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also don't think I see them adapting such a character derailing story. Wally deserves better.
    I don't know, it sounds like he's a pretty great villain in this.

  5. #3140
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know, it sounds like he's a pretty great villain in this.
    That's the problem to be honest. Although I haven't really seen a lot of people refer to him as "great."

    Maybe if it was set in the Gods and Monsters universe...

  6. #3141
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,571

    Default

    Why would they save Wally?
    That part doesn't make sense.

    Why go through the trouble of cloning a body to replace Dead Wally?
    Why not clone all the other heroes and replace their bodies, too?
    Why not do that for anyone that gets killed?
    Why not clone Bruce Wayne's parents and take them back to save his real parents?

    What does saving Wally serve?
    'Killing yourself isn't the answer, but getting 'triggered' and killing others is acceptable if you have PTSD?'
    (And I don't mean to sound insensitive here.)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  7. #3142
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Why go through the trouble of cloning a body to replace Dead Wally?
    Why not clone all the other heroes and replace their bodies, too?
    Why not do that for anyone that gets killed?
    There never was a Dead Wally, from the first issue that was always Dead Clone Wally. So putting the clone body there was never changing anything, it just always happened. Everything at the end is how it happened from the start. The time loop was always there.

  8. #3143
    Mighty Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Wait, did they end with Sanctuary portrayed as being good after all?

    King really has no idea about treating mental health, does he?

  9. #3144
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Some excerpts from a review that made good points.

    If there’s supposed to be some hope here, Wally’s aimless monologue as he sits alone in the dark in his suit doesn’t do much to inspire it. A handful of characters get to move on, while Wally’s punishment is to keep doing what kicked off this tragic series of events in the first place - to sit, alone, and dwell on everything he’s lost, and who he’s supposed to be, and how he’s fallen short of that?


    “Older” Wally implores “Young” Wally to talk to people about what he’s dealing with, reassures him that he’s not alone, but in the end, alone is exactly what he is - it’s literally the last moment we spend with Wally, seeing the shadows of prison bars cast over his downtrodden figure, while Booster Gold and Blue Beetle laugh over beers and Harley and Ivy take a quiet walk through the woods.


    So in summary this has all been..................totally pointless.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  10. #3145
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    There never was a Dead Wally, from the first issue that was always Dead Clone Wally. So putting the clone body there was never changing anything, it just always happened. Everything at the end is how it happened from the start. The time loop was always there.
    Yeah, still makes no sense.

    I see that I now misunderstood.
    I was trying to rationalize the whole 'Dead Wally Clone' thing.
    And it appears to really have no way of being rationalized.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  11. #3146
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's the problem to be honest. Although I haven't really seen a lot of people refer to him as "great."
    But didn't he actually manage to kill a few heroes? By villain standards that pretty great...

  12. #3147
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Yeah, still makes no sense.

    I see that I now misunderstood.
    I was trying to rationalize the whole 'Dead Wally Clone' thing.
    And it appears to really have no way of being rationalized.
    It is not as complex as you might think. Wally was going to kill his future self (suicide) in order to make everyone think he was dead so he could have five days to let everyone know about Sanctuary. He never does that, ever. For two reasons: Booster comes up with the clone idea, and old Wally convinces him he can get through the trauma.

  13. #3148
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But didn't he actually manage to kill a few heroes? By villain standards that pretty great...
    Wasn't it technically the speed force that killed them?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  14. #3149
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But didn't he actually manage to kill a few heroes? By villain standards that pretty great...
    The killing was accidental.
    But considering he had the means to save them all, but instead chose to cover it up and fake his own death...
    Makes it just as good as murder.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  15. #3150
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The killing was accidental.
    But considering he had the means to save them all, but instead chose to cover it up and fake his own death...
    Makes it just as good as murder.
    I mean, still pretty great villainy...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •